Can I Redeem Dlcs Bought In Xbox Store On My Pc Game Via Dtlive?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alemas3073, Jul 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Alemas3073

Alemas3073 New Member

Hello everyone! I recently got a decent PC wich runs TSW2. I played the game for a while on my XBOX console and bought some DLCs. Can I transfer the DLCs bought on Xbox store to the PC game via Dovetail Live? They were way more expensive than in epic games' store.

Thanks a lot!

2. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

short answer : no

long answer : nope

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

If you have Game Pass, then you can install TSW2 PC version from the Microsoft store and you can then use any DLC you own prior to the Rush Hour routes.

But what you are asking via Dovetail Live.. No. DLC is locked to the store/platform it was purchased for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alemas3073

Alemas3073 New Member

Thanks a lot! Why can't I get my Rush Hour DLCs yet, do you know the reason?

5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

No I have no idea. It would be nice if DTG siorted it out. But sadly since Rush Hour, none of the new DLC show up as installable on PC in the Microsoft Store, even though it shows them as owned.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

IIRC, the Game Pass version is the old one based on Unreal Engine 4.23, which is incompatible with the Rush Hour and later routes (built in 4.26)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the bump. I wanted to add that on top of the lack of Rush Hour (and later) routes I am having some odd issues as well, for example on some routes the journey "square" won't appear on the UI, and on some routes I can't select some trains for the timetable (for example I can't select the Class 395 from the SEHS timetable train selection screen, but I can still drive the services by spawning on foot. Taking control of a service and then going back to menu had sometimes also made the missing UI elements to appear (so the ability to the select the 395 and/or the journey square), I noticed this also happens with the MP36 loco DLC.

Having said that seems like the game itself (after you manage to start a service) seems good.

It definitely doesn't seem like the ability to play on PC is something DTG actively did, hopefully that will change.

Another things that I find strange is that the Creator's club works, which is the only post Rush Hour thing that appears to be integrated.

DTG Please, I want to migrate to PC without spending hundreds of euros to buy things I already own. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I don’t think this is anything DTG have any control over, but is a Microsoft issue.

As an aside, you don’t “own” the DLCs. You own the licence to run it on your console. That licence is controlled by Microsoft in the case of Xbox.

Sorry, it’s not the answer you want to hear but, sadly, that’s the situation.

9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am using play anywhere and pc game pass whatever as if they are the same. I AM TALKING ABOUT TO THE OPTION OF DOWNLOADING THE GAME ON PC, NOT REMOTE PLAY!
    Yep as I said it really doesn't seem like anything DTG actually thought or planned to do.

Although I think the devs can have a say on if and how the thing is play anywhere.

I guess it might just be a checkbox or something, I don't think MS has the authority (or cared about) what games are PC compatible and what aren't. I think it's more likely DTG just "flicked the switch" without making some necessary changes that were needed to make the game work well on PC, and either didn't bother with 4.26 or found out it wouldn't work at all, so they just disabled the option.

Perhaps DTG JD can clear the situation up.

Sigh... I know, I try to no think about it as much as possible... what a sad state of affairs.
    :(

10. One of my kids has xbox and pc and I usually end up buying the game twice!

I think with gamepass you only get the base game excluding any dlc.

There's another one called play anywhere which I'm guessing is like remote play probably no good either.

This Is why my xbox is In the loft and has been for years. All my pc games I've ever bought are still playable on my pc. Where's all the ps1 ps2 xbox and xbox 360 games etc... can't be used on one console!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Good point.I've been using play anywhere and pc game pass whatever as if they were the same. I WAS TALKING ABOUT TO THE OPTION OF DOWNLOADING THE GAME ON PC, NOT REMOTE PLAY!

The game and every DLC works until Rush Hour and later DLC, with some odd bugs in the UI.

Buying the game twice is unacceptable for me personally. There is still ZuSi, Run8 and SimRail if DTG can't be bothered to do it and I decide to get rid of my xbox. It's a shame that I'll have hundreds of euros worth of digital content completely inaccessible to me, but that's life in a world where the concept of ownership is steadily being taken away from consumers... It was fun until it lasted I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's not just dtg. Forza horizon is the same. Made by Microsoft but I still had to buy both the pc version and xbox version. Games are sold for each platform, and not transferable. It's always been that way. Then there's the exclusive games, I.e only available on xbox or PlayStation!

Gta v again pc version xbox version PlayStation version, none of them transferable. Although I've got the original version for the pc and 2 versions for both the xbox 360 and xbox one.

Pretty much any game. If you buy them outside of Microsoft or PlayStation store there's normal 3 version for each platform.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I have FM7 and FH4 available

Untitled.jpg
    FH5 is also available to buy.

14. When he tried to play fh5 on the pc it directed him to the store to buy it. Even though he already had it on xbox. So I got a activation code for a reduced price.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The game runs fine (or at least, as well as it can) on PC/Steam, and I haven't seen any complaints from PC/Epic players

16. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Play Anywhere is a separate thing.
    When Game Pass added streaming in 2020, that muddied the waters, as it allows you to play XBox exclusive titles remotely via streaming from a data centre where it runs on Series X hardware.
    I don't have Game Pass since I vastly prefer just paying once for things and retaining access, so I instead only use Play Anywhere.
    Play Anywhere is a specific list of games that has been growing since 2016 (I count 60 distinct games on my PC which I own on XBox and have been able to install on PC, but the full official list of supported games is around 200) where the XBox and PC versions seem to share a single SKU in the store, so purchasing the game on either platform via Microsoft's store allows you to install and play it on either, and saves are shared cross-platform.

*Edit*
    It indeed looks, from browsing the store, like the Microsoft Store PC version of TSW2 was never updated to 4.26, and so is incompatible with new routes. When I view all DLC in the store for the game nothing from Rush Hour and beyond shows up. Every route which has launched since then only shows up on the XBox version of the store, the PC store does not list them at all. upload_2022-7-17_8-49-37.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Curiously, while I own every single FH game on XBox, FH3 and FH5 are installable on my PC, but FH4 is not. All three are Play Anywhere titles however.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, what I meant is that given the fact that there are a few bugs and the game wasn't updated to 4.26 the play anywhere version from the xbox in particular doesn't exactly seem something DTG focused a lot of attention into.

Thanks for clearing that up - I only get Gamepass whenever it's available for 1€ in the xbox store every few months, good to know the play anywhere option is not tied to GamePass
    Yep, I can't find the new DLC even by searching or directly in the MS store. Odd, I wonder why that is?
    Hmmm.... strange seems like the system is still not perfect.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im forever surprised that EU hasnt stepped in over this at somepoint. They'll happily go to war with Apple over a charging lead so anything is possible.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone cares but I wanted to add that RD is still labelled as "Raildriver (BETA)" and it only allows me to map the trains of the 3 basic routes (SKA, SPG and BKL). None of the other DLC show up in the train list - which I guess makes sense if those DLC were updated after 4.26 released.