Fishing Sim World Catfish...

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by BriTheStar, Sep 18, 2018.

1. BriTheStar

BriTheStar New Member

Man... its driving me crazy... really struggling to catch any cats! anyone got any tips on the best setup for Waldsee ? Can pick up everything else but not the elusive Cats !

2. RLB Hypnotic

RLB Hypnotic New Member

I have not yet caught a catfish. Don't know if it's a bug or I'm just not using the right baits. I'm using same baits I used in Eurofishing with no luck.

3. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I have caught 4 Catfish on Waldsee when I first started the game, haven't caught any in while now.

4. BriTheStar

BriTheStar New Member

Do you know what your setup was?

5. SPACE ODDITY

I was on Waldsee, while looking at map I was fishing on the bottom furthest peg to the left. I was casting slightly to the left around 25yards out in the weeds. I was using hinge rig 4 with Hi Vis Pop ups & Pop Up Tiger Nuts. I am pretty sure most of the Cats was caught on the Hi Vis Pop Ups. I remember I caught a lot of Bream and Carp in that session. I really think Catfish are a lot rarer then the previous game (Euro Fishing)

6. etfisherman

etfisherman New Member

I've caught them on a size 4 hook with double large sweet corn. I can't remember which hook but it was in weeds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phil Shifly

Phil Shifly New Member

They come up all the time along with carp while topwater fishing for predators. They'll never strike it though it's pretty annoying.

8. BriTheStar

BriTheStar New Member

OK so after a lot of attempts last night .. I managed to get two - this is the better of them... was caught in Waldsee in the South East of the map you have a peg directly west on the map... and one in the south... I was in between ... 25 yards out towards the island ... fishing over weed with a pop up Tiger nutt 20mm - had the other one on the 18mm Korda pop up at night... SOrry about the quality of the photo!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. harold

harold Active Member

they have spoilt the catfish game doesnt have the massive ones euro version had also find this version to easy

10. SPACE ODDITY

I cant believe they added a catch 50 Trophy Catfish achievement, that achievement is going to take years!

• Like Like x 2
  11. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I've said it in euro many times and I'll say it again here , we need baits that only catfish will take. Things like frogs , liver , cuttbait , leeches etc. So that when you want to only target catfish you should have the means to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Has anyone caught a catfish with the frog lure?

13. Jamie T

Jamie T New Member

I would expect that catfish really come into their own in a new update or DLC. I think DT know that people like fishing cat's because of their size and rarity, so I can't imagine they'll not progress into something more in future patches/updates. We saw the same in EF with Lac D'Or with their mega cats.

Agree with WikusMazal though that there needs to be a more steadfast way of targeting them. I would rather fewer bites but pull in a much more favourable cat-to-carp ratio.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RLB Hypnotic

RLB Hypnotic New Member

I've caught one boss cat on Waldsee. It was on a 18mm carp bait with a size 4 silt hook. Only 49 to go!!!!

15. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

That's assuming the achievement is not broken like so many others

16. Crescirian

Crescirian New Member

I tend to catch them quite regularly on size 4 hooks, both in the silt and in the weeds using the (pop up) tigernuts.
    This is mostly around the island in waldsee.
    They really screwed up my first singleplayer carp tournaments :)

17. SPACE ODDITY

I have caught 2,197 fish as of now, 11 of those have been Cats, none of those were boss. I have noticed Ghost Carp are rare to catch as well, only caught 5 of those so far.

Like Wikus said, they need to make the game easier to target fish based of what bait and hook size. At the moment you can basically catch anything with what ever bait you use. Take Pinkies and Casters, Casters description says ideal bait for targeting small fish and the odd Carp. In my experience I catch a hell of lot more carp then small fish like roach while using casters. I understand in real life, you can catch basically anything, but Dovetail need to turn down the bite rate for carp on small baits, and up the bite rate for smaller species. When I go to my local lake and fish using small hooks and worms/maggot, I know I can expect to catch mostly roach and Bream.

At the moment on this game (and Euro Fishing), carp are dominating no matter what bait you use. I had a session the other day and caught 30 boss on pinkies. I must of caught around 100+ fish and I would guess about 8-10 of those fish was small species (Roach, Rudd, Perch) that's unrealistic! Dovetail seem to be trying to make their games more simulation. In theory making any fish capable of taking any bait is more realistic, but the way they have implemented it has had the opposite effect and made Fishing Sim World & Euro Fishing just another Arcade Carp fishing game.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Yeah,did this weeks online Coarse fishing tournament using small baits,4Ib line & size 12 hooks (why there aren't smaller hooks for ledgering is a mystery) & all I caught was Carp,maybe had 4 or 5 Rudd but everything else was Carp.Moved pegs a few times as well & still the same.

• Like Like x 2
  19. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Am i being daft how do you know the total amount of fish you have caught.

20. SPACE ODDITY

Get you calculator ready, then head over to your angler's log on the main menu. Select Species and if you look at each fish, it tells you how many times you have caught them. Just add them all up for your total fish caught.

21. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

well In my vast fishing career I’ve caught 78 fish and 5 have been cats. They put up a good fight :)

I shamefully didn’t need a calculator with only having 78 fish caught haha

• Like Like x 1
  22. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

lol its ment to tell you in the acheivements section under stats like it did for euro fishing but like so much with this game its broke

23. SPACE ODDITY

I don't know why they didn't include more stats in the anglers log, like Euro did. You know, total fish caught, total fish lost, boss catches and lost.

24. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

The stats page is a bit sparse to say the least.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Haggis McNoob

Haggis McNoob New Member

They can add so much to this game to make is amazing. This is my first time working with dovetail so no idea if they will add things or if they are like most other companies and are just after the money

26. JhonnyCash

JhonnyCash New Member

There actually very easy to get.you just have to throw near the island in the middle of the lake .
    Caught 7/8 plus a boss called felix yesterday evening ,its the spawn if you look at the map bottom mid.
    good luck

27. JhonnyCash

JhonnyCash New Member

28. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I was pondering long and hard weather I should answer this or not. I think I should just not answer it lol :P

• Like Like x 1
  29. JhonnyCash

JhonnyCash New Member

They will answer but will they solve it all ?

30. Marlowe

Marlowe New Member

Yep same here

31. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Want catfish , just do this week's carp tournament at Waldsee. I have never seen so many catfish in one session. One after the other to waste your time. Looked like I had liver and cuttbait on the hooks.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Russ2123

Russ2123 New Member

Waldsee under the docks is where I have found at least 10 of mine.

33. CJ8

CJ8 New Member

A5BAFAAD-A4C9-4390-87E8-EE04B83B38D0.png Today I caught a pretty large wels catfish at Waldsee on an 8 inch lure, on the rectangular dock area that sticks out into the water.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  34. krazykowboy13a

krazykowboy13a New Member

I have it all figured out.
    1. Start in the South East corner of Walsee. Set up your 3 poles in on the left side of the doc marked by the black dots in the blue circle on the map.
    2. Get yourself some floating tiger nuts and a decent line (at least 15 lb. test) with a size 4 hook.
    3. Cast out to the center island about 80-85%.
    4. Reel in until you are in the grass. DO NOT FISH THE SILT OR GRAVEL. There are two patches of grass marked by the green in the picture. The grey is the gravel. Just let your tiger but sit in the grass until a fatty Wels chomps down.

I got 4 in about 35 minutes out of this spot. Good luck!

Attached Files:

35. Fishermanbob

Fishermanbob New Member

I've been playing the game for 2-3 weeks and by now I've caught 647 fish of which 16 of them were catfish. Most of the catfish was caught in Waldsee from the little rectangular piece of land on the northside, in front of the leftmost teleport location. Got a couple of 25+ kg's cats as well as Felix. The biggest cat I've got so far was a 30+ kg. Got that one on Jezioro Bestii. Most of my cats were caught on size 4 hooks, using either Tigernuts or the Dumbell. But I even got one using the L-rat lure that you start off with.

36. Mr up and smoke

Mr up and smoke New Member

Hey guys.
    On the left off the map.
    Take the last dock .
    The lure i used is the pro shad gold.
    Just trow in next to the walking pad and wait. You will catch the boss.
    And on the right is also a boss.
    Also the boss pike is swiming there.
    Good luck.

37. Handsomejack2012

Handsomejack2012 New Member

Where all the big cats go sense last update I've not got one cat over 91 lbs at lago del mundo wtf?

38. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

The last boss cat I caught was megladon on mundo and I haven’t caught any boss cats since personally I don’t think there’s any other boss cats del mundo

39. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

yep they seem to have disappeared the big cats. another thing i spent 3 hours fishing on del mundo one night last week i set it to morning time and not one cat turned up not even a baby cat .

40. twiggtheairsofter

twiggtheairsofter New Member

I have caught many catfish, Including Stephan "A wily, clever cat that rarely makes an appearance. Despite his size, he must feed with caution or is vary tuned into anglers tactics so this would be a great achievement to land him" and a 107lb cat on Del Mundo as my first fish on the new map.
    Here is what i use:
    20lb Vursa Braid/20lb Fuorocarbon
    Hinge Rig 4 hook/Korda DF Rig 4 hook
    20mm pop up tiger nuts.
    Cast over sandy lakebeds not gravel/weeds. I personally aim for deeper water as far out as possible on waldsy, southeastern docks aiming for the larg open area to the right of the island/rock in the center. Caught many 50-65lb cats in just one or two sessions, however i have had bad days aswell with vary few cats.

41. twiggtheairsofter

twiggtheairsofter New Member

Any advice on what time of day/weather/locations to fish for cats on Del Mundo??? I have caught 1 107lb cat on Del Mundo my first cast on the new map last Saturday and yet now I cannot seem to find even the smallest cat using the same setup. ????

Any advice on rigs aswell? I feel i have a good set up, I have caught Stephan before aswell as many 80lb cats on Waldsy but doesnt seem to work aswell on Del Mundo. Keep getting Carp on my cat rig....

42. Sloanzor

Sloanzor New Member

For anyone who’s still wondering, I’ve had amazing luck using the monster red 18mm on a size 4 silt or gravel, 50lb line. I had caught around 30 catfish before I had caught over 100 carp in this game. This was before the recent update.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  43. wreckercrew27

wreckercrew27 New Member

Size 2 hooks and dead bait