Tampa To Orlando Amtrak P32 Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

This route will have four stops along the line which I know is not a lot but there’s also
    Sun rail which run along‘s half of Amtrak’s route starting at Orlando Ending at poinciana having six stops if I’m wrong please correct me thanks for reading if there’s any more Things you need me to say let me know and I will correct my

• Like Like x 1
  2. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

A6B0EB70-7932-4BBA-AEDE-61335FC2BB78.jpeg BB516B76-8448-432F-AD7D-FB0012FED424.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty intrigued. Def offers some cool rolling stock. What's the reason it has to stop at Poinciana? I know it can't go all the way to Tampa- the file size would be massive. Just curious if we can squeeze in another couple of stops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

84 miles... not going to happen!

5. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I was doing a bit of research. So SunRail travels between DeBary (North of Orlando) and Poinciana (South). Amtrak trains serve Kissimmee (1 stop north of Poinciana), Orlando, Winter Park, and DeLand. SunRail unfortunately doesn't go up to DeLand yet. It's still only a proposed idea. Kissimmee is a good southern endpoint, but Winter Park is only the halfway point of SunRail's route. Winter Park-Kissimmee is about 22 miles. This is why I'd probably say DTG should have the route go from DeLand-Poinciana which is about 62 miles. I don't think the route needs to go to Tampa
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2