Perth To Kalgoorlie Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Adamgrant3, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Hi there I would love to see the perth to Kalgoorlie line with the Prospector train service

[​IMG]
    This is the prospector

2. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

Please add i bit more info such as route length, service frequency, and other possible rollingin stock (including freight)

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think Perth to Midland more realistic and how about setting it historically and reopening the zig zag line up to Kalamunda etc.?

4. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

The Prospector (train) - Wikipedia

The Prospector is a rural passenger train service in Western Australia operated by Transwa between East Perth and Kalgoorlie. On this service, two trains depart almost at the same time in opposite directions, one travelling between East Perth and Kalgoorlie, and the other between Kalgoorlie and East Perth. The original vehicles ordered in 1968 for trains providing this service were replaced in 2004 with vehicles capable of reducing journey times to 6 hours 45 minutes.

Distance travelled 653 km (406 mi)

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As said, you need to nominate a 50 mile section which is around the maximum for a TSW route. Then you need to convince DTG or one of their DLC building associates what will make this so special and sell like hot cakes to set aside, as someone put it earlier, the Holy Trinity of routes from the UK, Germany and USA to justify spending £1000’s travelling out to Australia to do the research.

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Route is too long you might as well make its urban section the Midland Line via Bassendean. The urban section can be merged with my Perth Western Australia suggestion the Mandurah Line as a Bundle called Train Sim World 2 Transperth Perth to Midland & Mandurah.

7. I would love to see an Australian line come to tsw, but considering lines in Australia probably span the entire length of the UK several times over and the fact dtg can't make a route that covers a quarter of the length of the UK! Would you be able to fit more than 2 stations in a route?

8. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Mate, this would be Ace. Hope they do it.

9. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Man would I love to sit down and grind six and a half hours on a train game.

10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

DILLIGAF :cool:

(Hands up anyone who gets the reference)