Will This Laptop Work For Train Simulation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by leonevanslochlin06, Jul 12, 2022.

1. leonevanslochlin06

leonevanslochlin06 New Member

Hi all,

new to all of this train simulation, and looking for a laptop to play all of the latest sims on, and I have no idea what requirements are needed and am not a computer person I found this one and can anyone advise me if it would be any good?

Thanks in advance,

Leon

Attached Files:

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

This should be fine for TS (though I seem to recall some concerns about 12th gen' Intel CPUs) and TSW but they are not the most demanding programs. You mention, "all the latest sim's". Does that mean you have other software in mind? More RAM might be needed and two or three simulators could fill up that 512GB drive quite quickly.

I'm assuming you are aware that you will get more for the same money with a desktop PC. Even mobile versions of CPUs and GPUs that have nomenclature similar to their desktop counterparts will not have equal performance.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Spec seems ok to me!

4. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I run a similar spec Laptop (11th Gen CPU instead) and get 30 - 80 FPS depending on the route, Amount of AI, What trains are present etc.
    Definately upgrade storage, i havent but i am deserate need. Should work well with most games providing you don't run them at max settings.