Bml Missing Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Asyedan, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Asyedan

Asyedan Member

London Commuter is imo the best route of the whole of TSW2 with the extraordinary amount of different services and lots of AI trains going all around you really making you feel you are driving in the very busy railroad that BML actually is.

However, there are some Southern services that are missing, and the area south of Redhill really shows there is something that wasnt included, with 3 ghost stations, one almost ghost station, and almost no way of moving between Redhill and Gatwick. After searching a bit i found that there were some services that were cut from release because of a gamebreaking bug regarding train coupling that could not be solved on time. Okay, fair enough i thought. But we are now around 9-10 months after release. Is there any info on if/when these missing services will be added to the route?

2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

You mean probably the services operated by thameslink. They are not in the version we have now because tsw has not the right train for it.
    Once more it shows that l2b needs the class 700.

3. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

It's not a bug with TSW it was simply the complexity of these services. Any Southern services that continue to Gatwick Airport will split at Redhill from the Reigate service but that service will not connect back up at Redhill with that other train, it connects to the next Reigate train.

We tried many ways to visualise it, Excel sheets, trail and error within reordering editor nodes and even resorted to drawing them in MS Paint in case that helped.

These are, however, peak only services, so will not make the connection useful for much of the day. For that you need, as meridian says, some kind of Thameslink DLC. If we had one, I wouldn't have been able to resist adding those services. But unfortunately we do not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Can we assume from this that the dispatcher (or whatever system it is that controls such things) has to account for all rolling stock assets in the game from "birth" to "death" so you can't just join one set of assets to another and they function, there "has to be a use for them"?

5. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Not entirely sure what you mean. :|

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Train A - two four car units coupled together
    Splits at Redhill into trains B & C
    Train B continues to Gatwick
    Train C goes to Redhill, turns around and back to Redhill
    Train D comes up from Gatwick and at Redhill combines with Train C

Does the game then forget about train C to retain a now longer train D, make a train E or just fall over and go "What happened?"

7. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I think that would be fine, train B would then join up with a train A running later in the day. I don't see an issue with the game itself, it was just difficult for us to think through at the time.