Bugs That I Noticed On Nahverkehr Dresden-riesa (dra)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, I really enjoy driving the DRA because it's my favorite route from Germany at the moment. But I always notice these currently three bugs that I found on that route, actually on their trains. I count them up from 1-3:

1. Destination Board on the DB BR 146.2

Strangely the Destination Boards on the Dostos is working as it should and can be controlled accordingly. At the locomotive (DB BR 146.2) it's possible to control them too, but strangely, they are not displayed on the outside. With the DB BR 143 it works as it should. Pictures are in the attachment.

2. Train doesn't move with Sggmrss cars

I don't know how it is on the RRO (Rhein Ruhr Osten), but on the DRA the whole train doesn't move at all, even when all brakes on the train are released. And that's the case with every locomotive when I have the Sggmrss cars behind it. Am I doing something wrong or is it like this with everyone?

And 3. Main Switch on the DB BR 143

Always when I turn off the main switch on the DB BR 143, I still hear the sound like the locomotive is still on although I turned off the main switch.

And that's all the bugs I've found on DRA so far that I noticed. I hope I'm not the only one with these bugs. And I also hope that these bugs will be fixed in the near future so that I and others can still enjoy the fun on that add on.

Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, the 146 has that issue. Doesn't work either if you select it for other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Are you waiting long enough for the brakes to release all the way to the back end? On freights this can take a while.

4. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Other Bugs in - Nahverkehr Dresden: Several RE50 Leipzig-Dresden services from the journey are having this problem of having a train stuck at the junction that is the beginning of the branch that goes to Meissen, and this new error that most players have been referring to, happens in the vicinity of Dresden Hbf and Mitte, where there is a concentration of immobile freight trains, causing traffic and red lights in a domino effect.CHAPTER 02 - PATH 3 and CHAPTER 08 - PATH 4, in addition to several Game Crash in the Dresden Mitte and Hbf region.;

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trainzdriver328

Oh right, the brakes take a while to fully release. But it takes an unusually long time compared to other freight cars, regardless of whether the braking mode is on P or on G. And if the brakes are really released, it should actually be in the brake cylinder indicator, it's already at 0, but the cars apparently still have pressure in the brakes, Which are really released after one or two minutes.

Yeah, same with me.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The brake cylinder gauge tells you the pressure in the locomotive's brake cylinder (usually the sensor is on the second axle of the lead truck), not any of the wagons. Unfortunately, I don't think German trains have an EOTD; or at least if they do it isn't modeled in game.

Remember also that you are trying to pump a quarter-kilometer or more of rubber hose up to 5 newtons from one end (freight wagons don't have ep or "R" brakes). That takes a while.

7. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I noticed that in DB BR 143, when the box turns red, it takes a while to turn white, even so I can accelerate, even the accelerator is better controllable when it is like this, it may or may not be a bug, but I myself enjoyed driving it better. it like that.

I really like the Dresden Route, but it annoys me that there are so many bugs, inconsistencies, red lights, trains stopped halfway, as I explained above and the most disastrous of all, EVERY TIME I TAKE THE ROUTE FROM RIESA TO DRESDEN, the game hangs between Dresden Neustadt, Mitte and Hbf stations.

8. Trainzdriver328

what is the rubber hose?

9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

And there are even more bugs on this route. There is no other way to call it when two services in timetable mode cause a blockade by using the same track at the same time, but in the opposite direction.
    What's funny is the way the AI solves this situation: a train runs backwards for ten minutes, and it even gets a lot of green signals, which would be completely impossible in reality.
    You can see it for yourself when you spawn in Dresden-Mitte at 7:05 am and just walk a litte south. There, service 6:33 from Röderau to Dresden will be facing service 7:06 from Dresden to Riesa. The former makes the funny maneuver.

I simply cannot accept such shady workmanship when it comes to creating a timetable. Someone definitely doesn't know what he's doing.
    The mistake could easily be avoided by using separate tracks and/or making one train wait until the other has passed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I suffer the same arriving at Mitte.
    So the only way to complete, is to save the game, before that station.
    Then upload the save, and - at least for me - I can finish the run.
    In the case you have a Livery Designer locomotive or wagon, you missed it.
    But it is just for a very short ride to Dresden Hbf.

11. grdaniel48

One thing I have noticed about Dresden - Riesa, is about AI freight trains departing Dresden.
    They do it from the proper freight yard on the "other side" of the route!.
    I mean the same part that is included on Tharandter Rampe, but not accesible from Nahverkehr Dresden!

I would prefer to depart a freight train from there - as some AI ones does -, instead at the side of Dresden Hbf,!
    Leave that for the passenger trains. Or freight trains passing through this station.

That part of the route is complete, as you can see it when you are arriving to Dresden Hbf.
    So I believe will be enough DTG allows us to enter that area, but just for a departing or arriving freight trains.

What do you think?
    You like the idea?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  12. Trainzdriver328

What I also noticed is that some freight trains that start from Dresden somehow sometimes move a bit backwards when operating a train or starting a freight service and the game then says that you have derailed.

I would say yes, because if they have already managed to build this freight station on the Tharandter Rampe, then they should also be able to do it on Nahverkehr Dresden, right?

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Do you mean Rbf Dresden Friedrichstadt? That is the Hump Yard for Dresden. The way it works is that the control tower runs the switches for you like Ruhr Sieg Nord Hagen Gbf in real life you run to Dresden Freidrichstadt Deutsche Bundesbahn equivalent Hagen Vorhalle

14. grdaniel48

Thanks for your reply.
    I do not know the name of that yard.
    Even do not believe it is a hump yard, as at least do not remember to see the Hump, there.

But anyway, I was referring to the yard used for freight trains arriving / departing Dresden but for the Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz route.
    On the Dresden - Riesa one, I noticed some AI freight trains, departs and arrive from that yard!
    Which I believe will be nice to do it from this last one, instead.
    I mean, you freight train on Dresden Riesa, to depart and arrive from there, and not at the side of the Dresden Hbf, as it happens today!

15. driverwoods#1787

In Real life, it's a Hump Yard seen in this train TV Germany Video.

• Like Like x 1
  16. grdaniel48

What you said is right...but about the yard your mentioned...
    Which is not the freight yard we have on TSW2 at Dresden.

Please check this image:

TSW2 - DRESDEN YARD.jpg
    The blue rectangle I painted, is the one you mentioned.

But the one included on TSW2, is the one on the red rectangle instead!
    You can clearly see at the right it is Dresden Hbf.

But the one you mentioned, is at northwest of the tracks of the route, which goes like the street / road number 173, and then crossing the Elba river.

That one on the game, is not a Hump yard type.

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

That is Dresden Altsdtadt Bw home to the Dresden Railway Museum. So you mean having freight end there from Roderau and Riesa? The reason why they stop at Dresden Hbf is they go onto the Elbtalbahn Dresden Bad Schandau Schona Bodenbach(Decin) Line basically ending at Bad Schandau Yard for Diesel locomotives to carry them to Bodenbach Rbf (Decin). Evidence to support this is the KM Hectometre posts from Dresden Neustadt to Dresden Hbf being chained KM 0 to Bodenbach (Decin) Hbf

18. grdaniel48

Please notice, mi idea - or suggestion - of departing freights from there, is due to I saw freight AI trains on TSW2 doing it.
    Furthermore that area is included on the other route from Dresden, so it is already developed.
    I always prefer a freight train to depart from a proper yard, and not at the side of a passenger station.

I have seen several videos of Dresden Hbf, and the freight trains goes though it, not starting there.
    I mean on the tracks outside the station roof, where TSW2 ones departs or arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  19. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The Dresden Altsdtadt Bw yard is accessible, there are even some playable services with talent 2 that start and end there.

I hadn't noticed that there are AI freight services passing through that yard. Have you tracked them to see where they are going or where they are coming from? They may be exiting or entering through a nearby portal and are therefore not playable.

DTG normally uses a real timetable, so freight trains that start and end at Dresden Hbf in the game will I guess also pass through there IRL. Possibly they come from and go to and from Czechia/Poland, although these are just my guesses. And I don't think they stop at the station, they just stop in the game so we can take control and drive them to Riesa or Röderau.

20. grdaniel48

No, I have not tracked them.
    I just saw it by chance when checking the map.

As mentioned, it is just an idea / suggestion to make departure from different areas around Dresden.
    Not all of them from the Hbf.
    Of course DTG might "integrate" that yard on the Dresden -Riesa route, which not might be so difficult.