Spirit Of Steam Remaining Issues 1-2 Weeks Of Launch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by graham.haddon, Jul 8, 2022.

1. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

I have attached a screenshot from the SOS megathread about remaining issues on SOS. I am referring to the Bauxite wagons still being in the wrong place on some services and it was not brought up during the QA stream the other night despite me asking a question as regard to it. From what JD said on the stream it sounded like nothing else was being fixed apart from what was directly referenced on the stream. Is this the case for the Bauxite wagons issue. If someone from DTG could confirm or deny it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

DTG JD some fixes still outstanding I believe. I'm sure Spirit of Steam has been out longer than 2 weeks right? Can we get some answers about this, as it has been highly anticipated.

Also, please advise why you advertised mixed coloured coaches for release and according to trading standards, you have not provided what was advertised or even acknowledged that this will be fixed.

I trust you will respond to this as these are valid points.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's probably a more complex issue which is probably why it has not been updated yet. Or it went through qa, but then it didn't work out or whatever

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

These are still being worked on - we believe we have a fix, but it's going through testing at the moment.

As above, not forgotten, but being worked on. Derailment issues have been the priority to solve (and we're still working on that, after an initial fix last week). As for the blood and custards, they're currently available in Scenarios, but not in timetable mode - whilst never intended to be available for 8th-generation platforms, it is something we want to bring into 9th-generation. No ETA yet though.

5. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I am on 9th gen (next gen), though I just cannot understand why you would advertise those coaches if they were not implemented for timetable use. It doesn't make sense personally.

6. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update JD

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So… got a couple of Steam Wallet vouchers incoming for my birthday next week. Is this now worth getting at full price, or are there still numerous outstanding issues and better to wait for these to be fixed and/or a sale discount?

• Like Like x 1
  8. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

:D :D :D ;)

9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It's very very playable as is IMO. I very rarely pay full price for any DLC but I don't regret paying full price for SoS, although I did wait until the majority of the derailment issues where fixed but purchase.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Gave up on driving steam as the safety's going off all the time were just doing my bloody head in, don't think this has been fixed yet? I'm surprised there has not been a mod to mute the damned noise or is there and I've not come across one?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I've turned off the driver assistance so that I can operate the blower and dampers manually. This way I can manage my steam properly and avoid the safety valve blowing its head off. It is also more fun.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1