Tsw3 Out This Summer - Leaked In Last Night's Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

High five and agree

• Like Like x 2
  2. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Might just be saving their strength, we do tend to work ourselves up into a frenzy no matter what they say, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Ok I have 2 kids and 6 cats but I still have a PS5 and an Xbox Series X. Would you like some budget advice?

And no I didn't pay scalpers prices and I have had them since spring of 2021.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  4. bakedpotatos.jm

O
    OK so when the PS4 came out it only took 3 years until games where stopped for the PS3, and it happened before with the PS2 to PS3 and PS1 to PS2. So history tells us they will be stopping production eventually and its not going to be another 5 to 10 years. You will be lucky if its 3.

I've been around since '75 so this is by far not my first console rodeo. I've had consoles on every generation since they first made consoles.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I never was desperate to get the newest console. I bought a PS1 one year after release, the PS2 5 years, Xbox 360 3 years, PS4 1 year and Xbox One 2 years after release. I never was desperate to get the newest thing to any price. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. docsnyder1911

If you're reading my post exactly, you will be release, that the intention of that post was not about you. It was about an other forum member. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I should make it clearer that I was talking about the thought processes that as you say are shared by others, and not targeting you specifically. Apologies for the poor wording there.

I see these two statements as being contradictory.

This does come up fairly often it seems, despite their occasional reassurances. Alternate interpretation of the silence: Why waste the time when people would rather talk than listen?

The only real evidence is their unchanging statements that nothing is changing. Anything else is indeed invention.

The leak was real, we got a response from JD, and that's it. Those aren't speculation, but all we know is that TSW3 is being discussed, and that they want it to have sparks. That's it. Besides those two posts and everything else that takes only that into account, we now have well over 700 posts taken out of thin air. Which is fine until people forget that they've made up what they've made up and start taking it as real, giving it more weight than the air it's all pulled from, and demanding DTG repeat themselves yet again as if any of this matters concretely at all.

DTG has responded to the leak already and the 8th gen thing repeatedly, to no lasting effect. Why not assume that nothing's different until they say it is? Less stress for better health and longer life.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Read them again. They are complimentary not contradictory. One does not contradict the other and the latter qualifies the former. I am the source of the speculation and my conclusions are based on my observations of many real factors not fantasy.
    It’s not invention, it’s a forecast from me based on some compelling evidence and not all that evidence is what DTG have publicly stated. I’ve not invented anything that DTG have stated, nor misquoted them, I’ve just observed some things, and added to that now is that they are currently silent when they would otherwise have said something in response to such strong speculation by this stage. Claiming that they still maintain that nothing is changing despite them saying nothing on the subject after the leak is an assumption at best. The safest thing to say is that it is not actually known what their current stance is.

I understand what you are saying, by the way, as the last time they said anything about gen 8 was that it was important and still fully supported but it would be unwise of anyone to assume that this will always remain their stance. I believe their stance has changed now, and not that they don’t think the players are important but just from an immediate development point of view, and I do want to make it clear that this is just what I believe based on some observations and interpretations, and if it turns out that it I’m wrong then it is happy days and everyone gets back to normal.

• Like Like x 4
  10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I don't understand why it's expected that the company answers to speculation. I am speculating that TSW4 will not run on gen9. Since no one from DTG is denying or confirming they discussed TSW4 and the PS6 it must be true? Eventually TSW4 will come out and we will see if I was right?

I'm predicting TSW3 will be announced when DTG wants to announce it.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

That seems to pinpoint our difference. IMO, the last thing they said remains their current stance until they state otherwise, and therefore we do know it. Your explanation does make your point understandable, and I do appreciate the honest discussion, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's not likely that DTG will publicly announce that, as of some date in the very near future, Gen8 consoles will no longer be part of the TSW family, thereby cutting all those players off at the knees.

Actually, the best solution would be an announcement that support for older consoles will be discontinued after, say, June 30, 2024, thereby giving current owners plenty of notice and time to upgrade to newer hardware.

At the same time they should revise their minimum and recommended specifications for the game on Steam for PC, which are seriously outdated. ( not that anyone has ever paid any serious attention to those numbers. )

• Like Like x 1
  13. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I understand what you’re trying to say, but gen 8 consoles will always be part of the TSW family, after all they will always be able to run all versions prior to TSW3, they won’t take that away. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's a completely different game though with different gameplay mechanics. A plague Tale Innocence (amazing game by the way) looks good graphics wise and it's sequel will look better and have improvements to certain parts as sequels of video games do so it ain't relevant. It's usually expected that a sequel to a video game will be a much better version of it's predecessor

• Like Like x 1
  15. DXR8002

It's completely relevant. If you can't understand why I can't help you.

16. tallboy7648

No it ain't. Frankly improvements to sequels regardless of the platform they are on is a basic practice in the video game industry so your point is moot

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. docsnyder1911

Exactly. And with that stuff prior to TSW3 we have so much stuff to play for years. And have no pressure to change to PS5 and TSW3 even TSW3 could use our money for further development. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. antwerpcentral

I even did not realise the topic title says "out this summer". In what universe would that be a thing? This is a really weird community sometimes.

DTG's major release in years would be announced without fanfare? No build up of hype? Just like that without any announcement TSW3 drops? Why on earth would we believe this is happening? We really want to see DTG fail don't we? :D

Sure I've seen weird things in 2022 like Soul Hackers 2 being announced to drop as a worldwide release but TSW3 dropping out of nowhere? Nah

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's called "the internet" where one person says something, that "thing" then becomes a truth of sorts and some people believe it COULD be the case (apply various forms of nonsense logic) and then run with it.
    Of course TSW3 coming out before October COULD be a thing, but we don't know yet as DTG aren't announcing or denying anything (officially) so who knows what they're doing down in Chatham Dockyard?

• Like Like x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying it will be released without fanfare. It will be announced beforehand and DTG are now more likely to announce things a bit later than they did a couple of years ago because of Rush Hour’s early announcement overestimating the content’s scope and them having to backtrack. So that brings it back into this very universe. This all started with a leaked message that referred to a feature which Rivet already have in their route and whether Jasper can mention it in a live stream because it is a TSW3 feature, not TSW2, which indicates a small detail in later development not a game in an early development stage. In other words, months from release not years. As far as we know, TSW3 could just be the name for a smaller update to TSW2 and not a huge release of a brand new game at all. That bit is just how some see it but it is happening one way or another.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

Not sure this is true. The sparks they have are already in game where the sparks / arcing mentioned in the chat stream COULD be different. it's a point of speculation though

• Like Like x 2
  22. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I’m certain Jasper talked to JD about proper sparks with arcing, which Matt talked about before as something they want to implement at some point (hence TSW3 feature). As a stand in, Rivet took the wheelslip sparks (which are still not implemented on consoles, just saying) and implemented them as a compromise. That’s my take on it, anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Just no news on which October lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

Was being half ironic... October ISN'T summer, but nobody told DTG that last year! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s getting to the time when whatever will be happening at the “summer” revamp time, whether it be a new game, new bundle, or core updates etc, will be announced so we can expect to find out what’s happening quite soon. The next roadmap is due in August and DTG have said that roadmaps are not where announcements will happen, so I’m expecting the announcement prior to that.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s not even been out for 2 years

• Like Like x 1
  27. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i feel like if tsw 3 is coming then it would be something we are more than likely going to hear about possibly near to the end of the year going into the new year. no matter what in tsw's lifespan 8th gen will be left behind.

28. It was announced in 2019 specs an all.

29. Knightfire1964

specs yes but they were not actually on sale and available to have until november 2020 hence 2 years since they have been out

• Like Like x 1
  30. Regardless of when it was out it was in production in 2019. I did say coming up to 3 years old not released 3 years ago.

31. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yes , but that doesn’t mean all the tech had been made when it was announced. Rush hour last year was announced before it had been made . Different scenario , but same principle

• Like Like x 1
  32. docsnyder1911

Then TSW is 6 years old or not? :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Does a warship date from the day the first steel was cut, the day the keel was laid, the day it was launched, the day it was placed in commission or the day it attained IOC?

• Like Like x 1
  34. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

All this arguing and debating about PS4 being left behind. Well yes it will be eventually but not until PS5 becomes properly over the counter available and / or a bit cheaper to buy, it really is a simple as that.

Over to Sony and their supply issues I guess. As it stands PS4 will be relevant for a good couple of years or possibly even more for an awful lot of PlayStation players then the whole saga continues once again with the advent of the PS6.

Apparently some people / casual gamers who are on a serious budget are still using their PS2! and still having lots of fun.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Skyz2020

Pes 2008 - 2012 easy 1000 hours lost there on ps2

Jumped from ps2 to ps4 and skipped ps3, ps4 now in 8th year and in a dusty box somewhere is my ps2 with pes

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

The way the PS5 supply issue is still having an effect on some people getting one and could continue for a while yet it might be better just to save our pennies up and wait to get a PS6 if we can make our PS4’s soldier on.

How ironic if we did that we would have a nice powerful new PS6 with lots more power etc than a PS5 and we could then preach down to all those still on a PS5 and complain bitterly that THEIR console is holding TSW2 back, it would be instant karma at least until they themselves made the change. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  37. Knightfire1964

See I don't know what the issue is off getting a ps5 just had a look at game.co.uk and they have ps5's in stock currently from just having a look I find also going to stores and being put on a waiting list is a great way to get console

38. tallboy7648

Not everyone here lives in the U.K

• Like Like x 2
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, the consensus is that the PS6 will launch in 2026/2027, so you have a long wait. And who knows what kind of game TSW will be by then. ;)

40. ARuscoe

Probably a fishing sim...

• Like Like x 2
  41. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

If the mid-gen refresh of gen 8 is any yardstick, there’ll probably be a PS5 Pro out well before a PS6.

• Like Like x 1
  42. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

If TSW3 is released on PS4 I'll buy it. If it isn't I won't and will buy it in a few years down the line when the PS5 are a bit cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  43. docsnyder1911

TSW3 will be for High-End-PC's only. All other (inclusive Gen9-consoles) will be holding back the development of TSW3. :)

• Like Like x 2
  44. tallboy7648

And it will have an public editor that can only be used for high and pc's and only high end pc players can use that shared content :)

• Like Like x 1
  45. Skyz2020

From tonights stream "tsw3" icon displayed by accident.

Head over to PC forum where it was captured in real time - its in the tsw3 leak pc thread (14 pages long)

• Like Like x 2
  46. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

[removed by Protagonist - unnecessarily antagonistic]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  47. bakedpotatos.jm

Again I love people who state this. I have 2 kids. And not a well paying job. But I managed to get both a PS5 and an Xbox Series X over a year ago buy just walking into stores. And no I did not cut out any essentials. But when they announced the 9th gen consoles, I did something old fashioned. I budgeted $50 a month so like 10 starbucks coffees. Or not go to that movie. Still had 2 vacations a year with the kids. If you want something bad enough you will figure out how to get it. Obviously you don't want to upgrade and thats fine. But the supply issue excuses are so last year and they are readily available around the world except Russia according to Sony. And from what I see everytime I go to the mall or Walmart.

Heck there is even a 30% off sale going on right now on PS5's because no one is buying them.

• Like Like x 1
  48. DXR8002

First of all, I live in New Zealand, we don't have basements. Secondly, i left my mother's house when I was 16. Thirdly, I also have other things to pay for but I have also learnt how to budget and plan accordingly, if you can't, then that's on you. Your post has been reported too by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  49. antwerpcentral

Stop using this I-got-one-so-everyone-has-one nonsense. Clearly you live in a country that has had more shipments than others. In my country this is not the case. Luckily I live in a rich country where I earn enough to buy an Xbox Series S of the shelf just to see what all the gen9 buzz is about whilst I wait for PS5's becoming available. At this day it is still impossible for me to buy a PS5 without paying scalpers. So stop the "there is no shortage" nonsense. We are not talking about a pandemic but about hardware. You can actually see it with your own eyes that there is a shortage.

• Like Like x 4