Oled Tv

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Richard CZE, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would like to buy a TV for PS5. I chose the Sony XR-55A83J. I would like to ask community members about their experiences with OLED TVs when playing games. I'm interested in whether the new OLED TVs also burn pixels. Thank you for the information.

2. box215

box215 Active Member

I have a LG C9 65" purchased in 2019. I love love love my TV
    I use it mostly to play Xbox games, also use it to watch shows and sports
    No burn in issues to speak of
    Of course, if youre cautious about not leaving the TV on with a static image all the time, I dont think burn in is really a concern with today's OLED tvs
    I went with LG over Sony because the LG was cheaper and the panels Sony uses are made by LG (at least they were 3 years ago)
    Hope that helps

3. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Have an 65" C8 here from 2019. Played lots of games on it and have no problems at all. It's nearly 6-12h a day running since i bought it.

BUT, on the other side of the OLED medal: i owned a 2017 55" C7D and used it as a PC monitor (i always use 4k 55" TVs as monitors since possible in 2014). I had to throw that thing into the trash after about 15 months of usage. A 2700€ TV! It was totally burned out in the 60% centred area of the screen where the "action" happens when you work and do your daily PC stuff for 12 hours. They are not made for that usage.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

According to European regulations you can bring this TV back to the shop and get either a free repair or a refund, unless you used it in an untended way and it is your fault. In this case they should inform you explicitly that the device is not intended to be used longer than x hours a day.. A TV set should last 7-8 years. Many shops do a bit difficult about this. In the Netherlands you can file cheap lawsuits for these cases and that works brilliantly. No idea how this works in Germany. In cases this does not work I always summit a complaint to the Dutch Authority for Consumer Protection (you must have this in Germany as well).

I always encourage people to use these consumer rights and after a number of years I see an increase in shop owners that understand they have to comply to the rules and sell good products.

5. Maik Goltz

Using a OLED TV as a PC monitor for 12hour daily work is definitely a inappropriate way to use it :)

6. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information. I'd hate to have the DBBR 185.2 locomotive dashboard burned into my TV forever.

7. Maik Goltz

TSW or even other games will not burn in at all when you play them normally.

8. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

LG C1.77”. My baby, phenomenal for games. Burn in is only an issue if you have the same object on screen for days.
    LG has 2 other tools that help: pixel shifting, and logo dimming. Both pretty cool.