Download Today 7/14/22

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see this download today? bandicam 2022-07-14 10-51-15-880.jpg

2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I had that yesterday, think it is just the pringles related fix so they aren't out of stock

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have not been paying attention to this Pringles thing.

4. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

me neither,
    i presume its some adverts they have been paid to show in the game, can't say i really look at the posters and that when i'm driving... i notice the graffiti more than adverts,

• Like Like x 3
  5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, all these 200MB Updates for silly ads...I deactivated updates

• Like Like x 3
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes it's a bit tedious that we have outstanding issues with routes and scenarios, some of which are probably over a year old - like Chopper And Change on TVL or as encountered in the last day or two the misplaced consist at Huddersfield blocking your departure towards Leeds, yet they can find time and use our bandwidth to put this fluff in the game.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree. If they want to place poster ads in the game for business reasons, I wouldn't quarrel with that. But spending time and money making it into a contest and patching it in an update giving it more importance than the myriad of problems that they should be devoting their time to.
    Well, they're more and more turning TSW into an arcade game. Let's just put it in video game machines on piers, promenades and boardwalks right next to the snack vending machines.

• Like Like x 5
  8. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

They have crashed IOW on Gen8 a week ago, and this is important ?

Quote "Pringles posters and vending machines should no longer say 'out of stock' on Bakerloo, Sand Patch Grade, and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen routes.
    The passengers finally have something to eat aboard the trains!"

Not funny, not professional, nothing...just Bull 5 hl t.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

Perhaps TSW is becoming the testbed for DTG’s version of The Sims!

• Like Like x 2
  10. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

OldVern - this is just DTG channelling the current UK "Govt" - promise catering cars and give them Pringles:)

• Like Like x 3
  11. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

We keep getting told theres a limit to the number of updates they are allowed and then you get go ahead with this. I'd have no issue if this was updated as part of a larger bug fix/update but when it's a standalone update I'm questioning what they've told us in the past.

• Like Like x 3
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Perhaps what they have said in the past just isn't true or no longer applies. They have said many things they can't do but go on and do them anyways

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

I guess since a different team would be doing it, it would be a much smaller thing to do

14. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG Alex what is DTG's responce to the critism on the current focus on fried potato mush?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

$$$$$$$$.

Easy answer really.

DTG really aren't gaining much out of this competition anyways. The Pringles website doesn't even mention tsw in the main page of the competition. I guess DTG will take anything even if they get the short end of the stick.

17. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

If DTG's getting paid to put the Pringles on the platforms, they're not getting the short end. No mention of the game on the Pringles site just means it isn't a cross-advertising deal, which means the cash flow is going one way. <-- Note: hopefully logical speculation.

My thinking is that with the pause in new releases for the bugfix and Preservation Crew catch-ups, the advertising is helping to fill the income gap.

18. tallboy7648

I meant short end in terms of marketing for the game itself. This benefits pringles more than it does TSW or DTG in that matter. The competition is exclusive to Europe and the pringles website doesn't even mention the game in the main website hence why DTG are getting the short end of the stick and I doubt they would be making a fat load of cash out of this

19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for a ‘Progress Stream’ where DTG pat themselves on the back for all the work they’ve done.

“We added the Pringles vending machines” will be on my bingo card.

An ever growing list of issues that are being compounded by mistakes made in the past that remain unfixed, each route releasing with a new shiny feature that we never see more than once or twice, and usual “we don’t want to push too many updates out”, despite us seeing 3 Pringles updates being pushed in the last few weeks alone. All whilst unreleased fixes & pres crew updates are sat in a traffic jam.

DTG really shoot themselves in the foot with this sort of stuff, if they’re going to do updates to ‘restock’ vending machines, at least throw some other stuff that is ready to go, into the update.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Once you pop, you can't stop. Until you hit the buffers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

I take it that the buffers will have the pringles logo as well if a train collides with them? ;)

22. OldVern

Perhaps they should get the NHS to sponsor a defibrillator on the wall alongside the Pringles machine!

And I’m still sticking with my Kettle Salt & Vinegar, thank you.

23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You can’t ignore them or you get a Pringles Passed At Danger error :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I hope looking back at 31.12.2022 we will be able to say that 2022 brought more to the TSW universe then just ads for fried potato mush and lots of updates that fixed the ads for the fried potato mush.

• Like Like x 1
  25. redrev1917

Yeah lets just gloss over everything which has already been brought in to TSW universe in 2022 already such as SoS.

• Like Like x 1
  26. OldVern

Is this definitely worth getting now? Currently debating whether to splash my Steam Wallet on this, or buy a German/Austrian route for TSC.

27. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Wait a bit, since the track joint sounds were added the wind sound stutters now, very annoying on the left ear.
    Otherwise, SOS is very enjoyable except for the known problems.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

If you're OK with seeing next to no AI travelling in the opposite direction on a full run (and when you do, there's no chuffing noise from AI) and can put up with the safety's going off making a racket then go for it. I believe there are fixes in the pipeline for lack of AI chuffs and safety's going off constantly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

is the safety fix to wedge a pringles can over the valve?

30. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Im not interested in Steam Trains and refuse to buy "only one type of train" routes. So yeah. But thats just me.
    I just hope 2022 will bring TSW3 with lots of fixes.

31. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

And fixes for the fixes that were originally intended to fix the fixes which caused new bugs. :D

32. redrev1917

Tharandter Rampe
    Horseshoe Curve
    Harlem

All none steam routes with 2 or more trains included and all released in 2022.

33. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah but besides Tharandter Rampe, which brought the first german non-electric train, no route did anything new and nothing was changed about the core problems of TSW2, performance, sound (or lack of) and lighting.

• Like Like x 1
  34. OldVern

Perhaps Pringles can sponser 15 mins of developer time to fix Auto Runner on MSB, where the train immediately derails when you sit in the driver’s seat. Ergo another route where you cannot play through the Journey tasks. I think this is what pees people off most about the situation. Game is riddled with bugs and glitches like this which probably need a slight adjustment and quick bit of testing, yet are constantly swept aside while the management and PR team self congratulate themselves, high fives etc. on various streams.

Edit:

As regards SoS, well again I’m just convinced I will be paying £25 for something else where a few fixes were made to appease the early adopters, but the remaining items will be swept under the carpet. There’s a rather nice TSG route bundle for TSC going for £30 which seems to glean exceptionally high praise on Steam. Got a feeling that might be going in my basket instead.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  35. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I did buy SoS for the route but am more likely to use it for Off The Rails mode. It’s a pity they didn’t set it in the sixties when there would have been a mix of steam and diesel. It would have generated more interest from fans of both modes.

• Like Like x 2
  36. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

What is really Strange is that TSW is not able to do AI only rolling stock which could be used to make routes like SOS look less "wateland" like. All other Train Sims i know do this.