Brighton Mainline (updated For 2022)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by TheDubbPug2211, Jun 30, 2022.

1. TheDubbPug2211

TheDubbPug2211 New Member

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I honestly can't be bothered to look all the way through the threads to see if it has/hasn't...!

The BML is one of my favs (slightly biased opinion since I live on it, though). I find it super frustrating IRL with all the delays and what have you. But for driving on the sim, it's brilliant.

Now before you say anything, I KNOW that the BML has recently been released for TSW2 (London Commuter), and I think it's no doubt great. But I'd love to see a 2022-updated version for TS Classic, since I feel the route has been changed hugely, with things such as:
    - Gatwick Airport Platform 7
    - Three Bridges Depot (for 700s)
    - New East Croydon station
    - New signals
    - Other various details (new Hassocks station building, Redhill platform 0 etc)

In my opinion, recent UK DTG routes have been absolutely excellent in terms of scenery: especially with their updated CML for example with brilliant custom station scenery that makes the route so immersive to drive. If, and I say if, DTG makes an updated BML with the same sort of quality as their new CML, I'd personally happily pay a good £20 odd for it. It would be brilliant to drive the huge amount of rolling stock TS has on this route (319, 700, 377/387, 442, 460 etc)...

(And, of course, any nice little additions like branches to Reigate/Tonbridge/Lewes would add to the immersion ;). Other minor scenery tweaks like more realistic station signage posts, departure boards, signals (already mentioned), car stop markers (e.g. 700 markers), platform textures etc would also be absolutely brilliant to see!)

Anyway, I've put some pictures down below of some of the changes... please do feel free to add to this thread your thoughts/criticisms on this :)

[​IMG]
    (New Gatwick Platform 7 - photo credit to Volker Fitzpatrick)

[​IMG]
    (Thee Bridges depot)

[​IMG]
    (Minor updated East Croydon station

[​IMG]
    (Newer signals)

[​IMG]
    (New Hassocks station building)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

If they made a completely separate route with all of your new enhancements included then that would be fine, then, we could have the old route and a more modern one, cushty!!!! :)

Cheerz. Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

It would be an excellent route, I also suggest:
    - An extension to London Blackfriars with a modern London bridge Station
    - An extension from Three Bridges to Horsham

Since the LIRR route will be imported from Train Sim World 2, they could do the same with the Brighton Mainline, extending it a bit to allow for more scenario possibilities with the Class 700.

4. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Am liking your suggestion, we would then have the option of still running the miriad of old slam door stock that is available on the original route, which isn't bad considering it's age, and have the option of running up to date 700s etc on the new version. Works for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

The LIRR isn’t being ported. At least not as a whole. Some of the assets and the equipment supplied have been converted. It’s the track work and scenery that certainly has been done over and to the specifications that TSC allows.

6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Also.. I too, would love to see an updated rendition of this route.

7. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

And as the old Brighton route Assets were used for a myriad of freeware routes over the last decade, plus of course it's also on Marketplace DLC as part of the Rivet Games Expansion pack to Reigate, so, I'm sure it won't be taken down.

Cheerz. Steve.

8. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

It would be good if DTG did it as a new DLC but it also updated the original route based back in the 00s so you're in effect getting two eras for the price of one.
    I'd also hope they extend it to Blackfriars and eventually fill in the gap to the Bed-Pan DLC officially, the St. Pancras - Bedford route is also looking a bit dated.

9. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I have personally made a suggestion that involves the Brighton Mainline, as well. I can't say it will ever happen - in fact, I would suggest it probably will never happen - but I did suggest something involving more of the Thameslink route.