Lirr: Skyline Upgrade As In Ts Classic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sparmi, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...saw the latest screenshots from the upcoming TS Classic LIRR DLC and was astonished, what can be done to let the background scenery look like the real NYC. In direct comparison the TSW version looks pretty empty and buildings are just TSW standard models, as seen on other routes too. Especially around the large Sunnyside Yard or Hunterspoint Avenue, the Manhattan skyline is almost non-existent or not visible at all. Importing the newly made buildings from TS into the UE4 settings and adapting the materials accordingly, shouldn't be a big problem for the preservation crew. Of course it would also be a lot of customization work at the same time, but if it manages to make it look like in TS, it would be a huge immersive step forward. This would make LIRR come across much more convincing and be able to keep up with the visually well-implemented Harlem Line. As the saying goes: after the update is before the update! ;)

Skyline Updates LIRR.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Ouch. That is quite a difference.

3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...and maybe also an official indication that all of NYC and its routes have been revised in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And to think that TSW is supposed to be the future of Train Simulation....

Here's a video if your interested that shows the problems with the current LIRR route in TSW2

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. tallboy7648

I agree that the route can use scenery updates but I highly doubt the preservation crew will do anything in that nature. The LIRR update on the roadmap is listed as small. The LIRR route we have was simply rushed and didn't have enough care to make it as good as it could've been. The TSC version seems to look alot better than the TSW2 version probably due to the amount of time and effort that was put into the route compared to the TSW2 version.

The TSC version will go to Hicksville but I suspect someone will make an extension to Ronkonkoma.

Personally I just think that the LIRR route in TSW2 needs an overhaul

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll extend the route to port Jefferson or Huntington.

7. tallboy7648

It is possible but not probable

8. CrazyDash

Tbf I'd prefer them going to Huntington, and then extending the mainline down to Ronkonkoma. Although I also really like the Oyster Bay and Port Washington Branches as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I’d probably prefer the port Washington Branch and oyster bay Branch sometime in the future on TSW 2 maybe with the M9 locomotive.

10. CrazyDash

They definitely would expand LIRR's variety a lot. A diesel-dedicated line is definitely needed, and Oyster Bay is definitely the best one imo. The Port Washington Branch is definitely one of the more unique electric LIRR lines. Also has some great scenery. Ronkonkoma and Huntington Branches are more about making services longer. If anything, I think they should extend the route to Huntington, and then add the Port Washington and Oyster Bay branch

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for Port Washington Branch you run 45 minutes from end to end. East of Hicksville towards Ronkonkoma stations there were Single tracked since they date to the December 28th 1987 electrification Project Hicksville Ronkonkoma. Until 2018 when the Ronkonkoma Branch dual track project was completed after almost 30 years of single track sections between Hicksville and Ronkonkoma.

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This is what annoys me, an old sim keeps trouncing their flagship for detail

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

I feel like the devs in TSC get more time when it comes to route development to make it the best it can be scenery wise. But with tsw2, despite having larger teams, routes are sometimes rushed like LIRR or are just riddled with inconsistent quality. The only issue with the LIRR route in tsc is the low framerate because of the M7. I have been getting back into tsc myself recently so I may pick up the route myself when it's on a sale and that issue is sorted.

I do wonder though if the same signaling and atc system that is in the tsc version can be ported to the tsw2 version. It would finally allow the original timetable that was made for the route to be implemented and would allow for the route to be extremely busy thus making runs along the Hempstead and Ronkonkoma Branches feel more lively instead of feeling like your just playing Track Sim World due to the emptiness of the route

• Like Like x 2