Xbox Some Gwr Services On London Commuter Affected By A Missing Call-on Signal Aspect

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Apr 18, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

A recent issue I've come across is now that several of the GWR services on London Commuter have been affected by a signal bug which I've not noticed before recent updates.

For example, approaching Redhill Platform 1, both from the Reigate and Earlswood direction, the correct signal shown should be a call-on aspect (a red with two white lights) to show clearance to enter an occupied platform - where you share the platform with a 377 that goes to/from Tonbridge.

However, the call-on aspect does not show, thus with just the red, you've got to wait nearly 20 mins for the Tonbridge service to depart before you can continue. It makes a roughly 5mins service take 30mins! Have tried different GWR services, some seem to work, others don't - see below for ones I've tried. I'm pretty sure this is a recent bug as this has never occurred before for me.

Don't work as signals approaching Redhill missing a call-on aspect.

- 0731 1O05 - Reading-Gatwick pt 1 - wait outside Redhill until 0753.
    - 0800 1V06 - Gatwick-Reading pt1 - wait outside Redhill until 0822.
    - 1133 1O13 - Reading-Gatwick pt1 - wait outside Redhill until 1200.

Works without incident as signal showed correct aspect, allowing to enter occupied platform with the Tonbridge service.

- 2135 1O33 - Reading-Gatwick and return 2158 1V34 Gatwick-Reading

Just to add, I've noticed AI trains are also held up and wait until the Tonbridge service departs.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Agreed. Same on PC - Another thing that broke on that last patch. The calling-on signal doesn't trigger when there's already a train at the arse end of Redhill platform 1 and the dispatcher won't let you pass the red signal at all. I noticed on a service you didn't mention, so I guess the devs need to check all of them

• Like Like x 2
  3. cloudyskies21

Yeah unfortunately it seems to be most services from the looks of it. Every time I've checked the map when I've gone past Redhill I've, for the most part, nearly always see the 166 held outside that station. It's also strange seeing AI services on the departure boards shown as being delayed.

4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Another issue is if you chose to drive a Reigate service from Victoria, Everynow and again a GWR Reading-Gatwick gets stuck at Redhill, It'll have the green to proceed but it doesn't depart and eventually services start backing up as it affects the South Eastern service as well as the shuttles and the 313 ECS movements

This is on PS5

• Like Like x 2
  5. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Didn't work for me on PC.
    I hope it gets fixed... some day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Can confirm I'm getting the same bug on PC - very frustrating to not be able to complete the GWR services.

The services that run into Redhill P0 (that terminate there) appear to work fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cloudyskies21

Thanks for both confirming, hopefully means this fix will be a priority for DTG. Yes, very frustrating, especially when the services actually worked fine as intended before this. :|

• Like Like x 3
  8. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I too am experiencing this same issue - also on PC (Steam). I've confirmed that the following additional services are affected:
    1O15, 1O17, 1O19
    I think it's safe to assume that this signal bug affects many more services that require you to share a block with another train on track 1 at Redhill.

FWIW I submitted a ticket (#47192).

It's one thing for something to have a bug on release, but it's quite another for something to break when it was working fine to begin with. I wish there was a way to opt-out of updates.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cloudyskies21

Hi DTG Alex - I was wondering if the devs currently are or planing at looking into the missing call-on aspect signal bug on London Commuter which is still a highly frustrating issue?

10. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I noticed this service a few days ago. This is stuck on red. Heading to redhill from gatwick. Am on series x. DSC_0039.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. cloudyskies21

Indeed, having to wait for the Tonbridge service to depart beforehand.

12. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Thats silly

13. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

same issue on xbox x and pc

• Like Like x 1