PC Red Signal On Northern Trans-pennine

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by 123hgt, Jul 12, 2022.

1. 123hgt

123hgt New Member

Ich versuche den Manchester Victoria-Leeds, Express in Kapitel 1 auf der Strecke Northern Trans-Pennine um 14:48 Uhr zu fahren (Siehe Screenshot). Ich habe einen Zwischenhalt in Huddersfield und treffe dort auf ein rotes Signal, was nach längerer Wartezeit auch nicht auf Fahrt wechseln will. Stellwerk sagt immer: Abgelehnt, warten Sie auf Signalwechsel.

2. 123hgt

123hgt New Member

3. 123hgt

123hgt New Member

I am trying to run the Manchester Victoria-Leeds, Express in Chapter 1 on the Northern Trans-Pennine line at 14:48 (See screenshot). I have a stop at Huddersfield and encounter a red signal there, which also does not want to change to running after a long wait. Signal box always says: Rejected, wait for signal change.

4. steve#6405

steve#6405 New Member

I just ran into this issue. I think it was around 15:30 when you are ready to leave Huddersfield. If you wait until 15:50 a westbound passenger train arrives and the freight off to your left leaves going eastbound. After it gets a ways down the line you will get a yellow. I was about 25 minutes late arriving at Leeds but still got a gold medal!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. robert.miller

robert.miller Member

Theres a problem with the scenario planner aswell. If you want to stop at platform 1 on a leeds to Manchester service, the feather signal routes you onto platform 4 where you get stuck on a red. I'm on Xbox One s. Only one other person has posted about this but I just wondered if anybody else has?

6. 123hgt

123hgt New Member

Have now made the timetable trip again and this time waited exactly as described and arrived late but with gold.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Is this one of those in Journey Mode? Might be the same one I had trouble with but put it down to the red signal save/reload bug, although that doesn't usually affect NTP.
    If there is a planned wait there then the game should really tell the player so they can go make a cup of tea or read a book for 20 mins.

8. steve#6405

steve#6405 New Member

Yes this was in Journey Mode. I ran it the first time and got stopped at the red. Saw no other trains near and gave up. I decided to try it again to see if it was just a random thing but got the red again. I walked over to the waiting freight and found that it was scheduled to start at 15:50. Grabbed a cold one and waited to see what happened.

9. OldVern

Thanks Steve, I’m guessing the other option might be to crawl along at 30 MPH to Huddersfield rather than sit there and wait time.

10. OldVern

Yes I can confirm this is the run and it occurs on PC with a straight run, i.e. not saving and resuming. Having arrived at Huddersfield @1535 now waiting time to see if the freight moves off then I can follow it.

Sounds like it ought to be a simple fix to the sequencing but will DTG even look at it?

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Is this the one where the freighter is a few meters forward of it's signal? I have seen that issue there before and did the whole waiting thing, but it never moves

12. OldVern

Yes that’s the one. The freight is supposed to move off at 1550 so will see what happens. Rather than sequencing then, sounds like the consist placed too far forward and consequently route locking the player train.

13. ARuscoe

That was my opinion too.

14. OldVern

Well luckily the workaround proved successful. Freight moved off at 1550 then a couple of minutes later I got a proceed aspect, just running 20' late. So still needs DTG to address the issue, across all platforms.

It makes me wonder how many of the other problems are encountered due to similar issues, i.e. carelessly placed consists. In this case just lucky the errant freight was booked to start within 20 minutes but if it had been a couple of hours, definitely game over.

15. ARuscoe

Probably a whole heap of them, and this is what the QA process is supposed to catch, but as DTG have said on stream, they don't (can't) check everything because that would mean every run, every interaction

16. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

I haven't played NTP since it got its update yet, but just wondering if this has something to do with the recent update to how couplers behave. It seems that on many occasions the loco seems to get a 'kick in the back' after loading a service now, and it feels like if the couplers/buffers are extending a bit making the whole train little bit longer.

17. ARuscoe

May well do

18. OldVern

Yes apparently it is also causing the first MSB freight run in Journey Mode to fall over with a derailment error.

Seems like some urgent attention is required here.

19. sbowness

sbowness New Member

I've had the same problem too. Tried it twice and gave up. There is a Google form to submit red light issues at the top of the forum and Ive submitted a short report using that.