Spirit Of Steam.. Weaver Junc Speed Northbound

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jetgriff, Jul 16, 2022.

1. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

If you get the distant signal to go via slow lines for Weaver Jct (signal on left) northbound it brings up a 60mph speed, when you get to it it immediately brings up a 40 mph with no time to reduce speed, when you see 60 take it as 40

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is a limitation of the programme. It only shows the next speed change, regardless if there is a substantial reduction immediately after. The Trans Pennine route suffers the same issue.

Once you get to know the route it isn’t so much of a problem. However if we cannot have a display of upcoming speed restrictions similar to MSTS or the tickertape in TSC, IMHO it should default to the lowest upcoming restriction in the next mile.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

Just a case of "knowing the road" I'm ok with the Pennine ones and always get prepared, in time I will learn the WCML ones too.

4. Cellersaver

Cellersaver New Member

When I am learning a route, I hit ESC and check the pause screen frequently. It shows all the speed changes for the next 6 miles. It also will give you an idea of what grade to expect over the same distance.

George

• Like Like x 3
  5. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

i played TSC for the first time in months yesterday, and i gotta admit i actually prefer the TSC HUD (the minimal one) at the bottom of the screen, i set it to be fairly 'see through' so it's not hiding the MFA on the train i drive (i'd rather have it at the top of the screen tbh)
    But all the info for the route ahead is down there, speed limits that go down to 70kph, then 200 meters later drop to 40 for a set of points and then the speed limit that goes up after you are back on the main line 500 meters after that,

ok i also use TS-MFD when driving on TSC, so i have a working live updating EBuLa with all that info on an android tablet mounted next to my main screen (i only play German routes as you likely guessed)

The TSW2 HUD with bits of info all over the screen is just ... distracting, having to look all over the screen to get the info you need, but as we see here, it dosent actually give you all the info you need,

Not everyone likes playing the same route over and over, i have all the German DLC and like to switch between them all the time, no way i could learn all those routes and services that take different tracks and platforms etc,

Thankfully some people have made time table books for most of the german routes, and some have customizable ones that will even give you the stop times at stations,
    so having them up on a tablet next to the screen helps, not sure if anyones done similar for the british routes?

• Like Like x 1
  6. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Isn't this again a problem with approach control? Big speed drops should come with a yellow/warning signal. Or if it's really high speed to low speed a double yellow/or more caution signals well in advance?

7. OldVern

I agree Gazz. Likewise I divided my time yesterday evening between TSC and TSW2. Even the full F4 "Fisher Price" HUD in TSC looks better than the arcadey arrangement in TSW. The other thing which I mentioned in my SoS thread is that those distance markers to the next objective are set at just the wrong height to obscure gantry signals.

Old is sometimes better and I would actually have preferred something like the old MSTS F4 Track Monitor and the F10 Next Station box, or the subsequent implementation in Open Rails.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Vernon, you don't have the markers enabled !!! :D ;)

9. OldVern

I do - amateur that I am

10. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

You crack on and do whatever you wish buddy. Everytime i re-install the game. The first thing i do in the settings, is disable all those markers. Then once the game has been played once. I have to go back and do it again, as they don't stay disabled. Another bug from dovetail bugs limited.