Update 1.88

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

What was actually updated?

Nvm

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

3. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Wonder what the PS5 patch delay was caused by? Route best have a full set of trophies this time round :D:D

5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We confirmed in the stream last week that for launch Island Line won't have trophies.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

They’ve apparently fixed the water on the original IOW dlc on PS4!

YAY! Fair play. :)

No trophies on the new IOW dlc? That ain’t going to go down well with some on here. :|

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Exactly! Any DLC without trophies or with a reduced amount (compared to other gaming platforms) is a DLC I won't consider at all.
    This is just a typical method of amateurs, if we can't solve it, we can at least omit it ....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I assume this is supposed to represent gout? It's the same on the opposite side.

Well, as PS4 players we just have to put up with being unloved stepchildren. Maybe they just forgot to test it. It can happen...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

WoW really? Found time for the road map stream but not the route stream. Thanks for the comment JD. Too bad neither DTG or Rivet took the time to work on fixing the IOW2020 release which still only had a poultry 4. I know I know memory issues etc have been here before :cool: just a shame.

10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Trophies don't bother me and never have so I don't mind if there isn't any.

• Like Like x 1
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It’s a disgrace that just because PS4 cant have trophies due to a Sony restriction, the rest of us have to suffer as well. Using the same logic, Gen 9 consoles shouldn’t have layers because Gen 8 consoles can’t have them. This is clearly wrong as is the lack of achievements on PC and Xbox. In fact, TSW shouldn’t be available to anyone because the ZX Spectrum can’t run it. Let’s all play Southern Belle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is this trophy thing the same on steam? Why do "stock" features or newly implemented, quickly disappearing features keep being omitted?

it makes me wonder whether sparks will be confined to the Dresden night lighting bin

13. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Humm. I gave this latest update a YAY! earlier in this thread but the water effect on the shores of Ryde really isn’t great is it. Still it’s a lot better than it was I suppose but they really do need to fix this water issue once and for all.

14. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This is an unproven assumption, and I wouldn't believe it either just because DTG claims it. Btw, did they? Where and when?
    Even if that were true, these restrictions would have been in place since day one of TSW. So why couldn't they have thought about it much earlier? In any case, it is not the customer's fault, nor is it Sony's fault. DTG cannot pass on the responsibility to someone else.

15. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

It's not because of PS4, as they added a 4th list when Harlem line release, it is the PS5 that is restricting trophies due to the way the lists are made up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I noticed it too. Maybe it's a scaling problem with the foam texture decals. To save memory on 8th gen consoles, the UE4 shrunk the decals instead of lowering the decal resolution. In the 2022 version everthing looks as intended.