The Riviera Line: Exeter-paignton

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Digital Draftsman, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The Riviera Line
    My proposal is The Riviera Line from Exeter to Paignton, set in the same era as GWE. It's a very scenic and iconic British route, which would look spectacular in TSW.

OVERVIEW
    The line features a mixture of fast and stopping services, giving the option of watching the scenery fly past in a HST, or putting your driving skill to the test in a Pacer on a tight stopping schedule. TSW's open world format could allow the player to explore the cliffs and beaches to find nice locations to watch trains from.

Langstone_Rock_-_GWR_143621+143620_down_train.jpg
    Geof Sheppard, Langstone Rock - GWR 143621+143620 down train, CC BY-SA 4.0

ROUTE
    DTG have many of the required scenic assets from the TSxx version, which would only need a materials upgrade for TSW. Much of the research for the route will also have been done.

Paignton_-_CrossCountry_43301-43207_arriving_from_Edinburgh.JPG
    Geof Sheppard, Paignton - CrossCountry 43301-43207 arriving from Edinburgh, CC BY-SA 3.0

TRACTION
    Traction could include the current GWR HST, which could be supplimented with the Class 143 'Pacer' as well as a CrossCountry HST. DTG have already created the Pacer TSxx, so again much of the research has been done. DTG will also have sound recordings and 3D models which could be significantly upgraded for use in TSW. The CrossCountry HST would only require minor external changes and a new interior.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 16
  2. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

Not a bad suggestion - scenic, not much work needed on assets, and most importantly, pacers. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

I like this idea a lot! If DTG were to feel a bit more adventurous, they could also include Sprinters and Hitachi Super Express trains on the line as well, especially since the Riviera Line is the second main stomping ground for the new Class 800s and upcoming 802s alongside the Great Western Mainline nearer to London.

4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Yes this would be a fantastic route to use in the game. i have travelled on this route many of times and i love it, and it could be extended to Plymouth, where i was stationed in the Royal Navy

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just to add. If you wanted to get the 52 on a railtour somewhere. This route would be high on the list. Imagine the walks along the sea wall in UE4 too

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020