Sounds To Improve Going Forward

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ghawk2005, Jul 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

BOGIE RUN SOUNDS

FLANGE SQUEAL / TIGHT CURVE SCREECHING

TRACK JOINTS

BRAKE RUB NOISE ON TREAD BRAKES ( Both internal AND external )

IN CAB NOISES, RATTLES, SQUEALS / WIND NOISE WHEN WINDOWS OPEN etc

I think bogie run sounds are a huge part of immersion, when you hear a train pass by they make A LOT of noise. Now thankfully, most rolling stock in TSW2 has an element of bogie run sounds to them, they are often way way too quiet and ‘polite’ for the type of rolling stock they are. Especially older stock.

Most rolling stock could do with a good enhancement of all the above. There are some locos without running sounds or brake rub noise ( or super quiet ) such as the 52 Western, 47 etc and I think going forward these need to be louder, and implemented to create a realistic experience.

An example of this are the HST coaches - great running sounds, air suspension squeals at lower speeds - absolutely lovely. The mk1 steam coaches released on SOS for the contrast, bogie running sounds are there but so so quiet and no coaches have audible braking rubbing externally, mk2s, WSR mk1s etc

DTG - The sounds and physics are improving all the time, but please pay more attention to the above sound features to create a much better ( and louder )and more consistent quality on releases.

• Like Like x 5
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One of the things which immediately captivated me on buying the Konstanz route for TSC and trying it out yesterday, was the classic European “grind” going through curves.

Re brake rub sound, one of the oddities on NTP is the Class 45 has it but the 47 doesn’t. You would have thought DTG would have a spec sheet as a minimum when determining what effects to apply on a traction unit.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  3. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Personally I’d actually like to see steam exhaust volume being replicated by having a pilot and second valve. There is absolutely no thrash with them in game which is really disappointing.

4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Did you of all people make an entire post about sounds without mentioning the 150? I'm almost proud of you ;)

But yes, I definitely agree with you on that post, DTG has done a lot of good with the sounds but there are a lot of little things which would be greatly appreciated to make the game really come alive soundwise

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have noticed with the 8F (not run the Jubilee yet) the sounds just seem to fall apart above about 25 MPH. So I suspect what the game needs is a thorough overhaul of the whole sound system.

6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. 8F more noticeable than the Jubilee.

• Like Like x 1