Island Line Will Not Be Getting Achievements?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by L89, Jul 13, 2022.

1. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

This will be the first route outside of those included in the core game that will not have Xbox achievements. There are collectibles, a new train, scenarios, tutorials, journey and a new timetable... I think it should get the usual achievements treatment like the other Isle of Wight route. It's also not dependent on owning other content.

There is no limitation on adding more achievements to the Xbox game (fair use) as far as I can tell and this is all down to the PlayStation trophy lists limitation. JD did mention in the stream this may happen later. It really should be there at launch especially if you are going to explore the route getting all the collectibles.

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be an issue with me if you spend the time doing the training, scenarios and collectibles and then they introduce achievements which I would not be able to get because I had already completed the relevant tasks.

It bugs me that just because Sony have a trophy limit that we all have to suffer. It doesn’t affect other aspects of the game. For example, they don’t stifle layers on Gen 9 and PC just because Gen 8 can’t run them. Xbox is not limited to 64Gb of DLC just because Sony has decreed that Playstation should have this limit.

Features should be available dependent on whether the platform can handle them.

• Like Like x 8
  3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I agree, I use the PlayStation version but don’t think other platforms should have had no achievements on loco packs. They should have continued adding them on PC and Xbox then reinstate them on PlayStation when the trophy limit issue gets resolved.

• Like Like x 4
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That's why I am not optimistic the achievements will be added in post-release. You'll get someone saying they already finished the tutorials, scenarios, collectibles etc. Only cumulative achievements like loco distance unlock retroactively (when you start a service with the relevant loco). I suppose you could leave 1 collectible or they add 1 bonus collectible to the database if there is an achievement for that later.
    I feel like it's going to be a long while before Sony even address this. There aren't many games with the level of DLC like TSW so they probably don't see it as much of an issue?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  5. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

What a joke!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Indeed, just look at how long Steam and XBox players were enjoying crossplay on a bunch of titles while Sony refused to allow it with Playstation even as some devs had the network code ready to go.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Does Steam still get achievements.

Xbox players should still continue to get achievements. It's like playstation has haptic feedback & impulse triggers in there controllers does that mean game companies can't use that because an Xbox player cant use it. No it should be implemented because it enhances the users experience and they have access to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SonicScott91

Steam only gets the same new achievements that Xbox gets. I think the only Steam exclusive achievements are the ones for the 313 though they're "hidden achievements" until unlocked.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on Steam though. Train Sim Classic has over 1,000 achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I would consider it a major achievement if this route releases only minimumly broken.

• Like Like x 4
  10. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I'm confused as why DTG have classified this as loco DLC instead of the full route it obviously is! No other loco DLC I have has collectables with it so they need to get their thumbs out and get this out right!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Its annoying but they separate trophies into groups on PS you have the base list then they keep the rest in groups, makes you wonder how they did not know this limitation while developing for PS5 (PS4 does not have this limit they can add another separate list) for example a route and train dlc say Tees Valley Line and class 20 / 31 could have been grouped into one group saving on using more groups especially if they only have like 5 trophies in them.

At least with a potential TSW3 they can redesign the achievements to fit. Most games will never reach a limit as they never will have support over many years TSW2 simply imported TSW 2020 trophies in so maxed out rapidly. Not sure if I want to keep repeating the same achievements / trophies from one version to the next.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hells.high.lord666

As far as we know there isn't a limit on Xbox either. If there is then we can safely say that it's around the 700 mark as that's how many there is in the Halo MCC and TSW 2 is only about 2 thirds of that

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  13. SonicScott91

I think the way they will go is not to have trophy sets for previously released content in TSW3. This would give them their full trophy quota for the new game, meaning every DLC can have new trophies again. It's the only solution I can see for PlayStation at least. Still not a reason to hold back on them for PC/Xbox though.

14. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

How much difference is there between the new island line and the older route? Is it worth me getting the newer remake of the line as I’ve already got the older line? Will have to wait till I get paid though, if I go for it!

15. hells.high.lord666

Other than the obvious new loco they've changed the platforms to better fit the new units and added the passing loop at Branding. There are a few other differences from the original IOW but on the whole it's a decent route. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't have achievements despite being a new route and not a loco DLC