Playstation Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david.hurst, Jul 20, 2022.

1. david.hurst

david.hurst New Member

Hi all. Has there been any update on the trophy limit issue recently? There’s nothing on the roadmap and it’s not been mentioned for a while. Is this still something that Dovetail are looking to solve, or it is an unfixable issue?

2. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Most recent discussion was regarding added them to routes released without them. Skipped as they aware of the limit that’s around the corner, or bend in this case.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ps5-trophies.53154/

the DLC without is as follows
    313,187,Cornwall and the recently released IOW2022.

on the previous post, not much from JD and a pretty good answer from Sam. Basically saying don’t hold one’s breath.

I won’t digress to the busy TSW3 excitement thread but with the game near it’s limit….. (you can work out what I want to say but won’t ;))

3. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

But, if TSW2-Addons will be playable with TSW3, and that’s what I expect, we will have same problems with TSW3 from the start on

4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

we wouldn’t need to play the routes and look to earn some of them a third time round so if TSW3 ever happens (not getting in to that lol) then make them available but only TSW3 exclusive routes get trophies

5. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

This is the way, if they release TSW3 with the same trophies I got on TSW2020 and TSW2 I don’t know if I will cope haha!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hehe digging up this fairly recent thread again.

looking at the FAQ
    “Train Sim World 3 will have new achievements on all platforms. This will include new add-ons and Train Sim World Compatible add-ons, so achievements will not transfer between Train Sim World 2 & 3. We are investigating whether progress achieved on Train Sim World 2 can contribute to achievements in Train Sim World 3, but this falls into the game profile progress mentioned above.”

Older DLC will work with TSW3 but the above isn’t very clear.

dtg_jd when you have time as imagine you are busy. Can you confirm what trophy’s or achievements will appear for older DLC installed?

hoping you’ll say none as instant limitation but the info on the FAQ hints they will be present but isn’t 100%

myself (like most maybe?) don’t want to to see the old list a second or third time round.

• Like Like x 3
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Every route in TSW3 will get 3 achievements (trophies). The core game has 14, which can be progressed across any route. Matt did say in tonight's stream these 14 will get you the platinum trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

great stuff thanks for the info, couldn’t stomach the steam after the previous ones.

14 for the base/core game? Wow that is low.

burning question still, old TSW2 routes, will they appear again in the trophy list or just run in TSW3 with no way to earn?

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think it was said something like 170+ being in TSW3 so I am expecting we'll see 3 trophies for every compatible route. The base game trophies won't be anywhere near as grindy as TSW2. Max distance you do is 500 miles compared to 10,000. The route trophies may take more effort but these haven't been published.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Train-Sim-World-3/achievements

(ok so it’s the achievements but we can work out what’ll be bronze etc)

wow zero thought gone in to these and a super easy plat for the hunters too. Underwhelmed here.
    Such a low amount excluding DLC. Guess the new routes will have their own. Wonder if it’ll be 10 per route as usual?

can’t help worry about the limit and what plans have been made.

DTG if you are listening, retrofit the missing trophies on certain TSW2 content now you have a solid plan with the new release!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Wow, looking at those achievements it is quite possible to get platinum trophy for base game before 6th SEP if you'll pre-order :D
    The most hard to earn seems to be the one when you have to complete any set of route task.