Swansea - Bristol Parkway Fgw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Jul 21, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Hey guys Jack ere today Im requesting a route that Im guessing will probably never come into the game due to Branding, Licensing and journey times but Anyways In requesting the Line from Swansea to Bristol Parkway + Bristol Temple Meads Branch So anyways let’s get Detail, Operators, Stations, Rolling Stock and Summary
    *Details*
    This route runs from Swansea in the South of Wales all the way over to Bristol via Cardiff and Newport It is 61 Miles long or 97 Miles and should take maybe 2hr 56 Miles. I Personally think that this routes Journey time is wayyyy too long for DTG unless this is a base route in TSW3 Since this route has 3 Operators It has the possibility of being Included in a rush hour pack. Im my opinion I would love if this route is set in the late 2010’s or mid 2011 So we could have the chance to use the faulty 180 and use the FGW livery and Arriva livery. ¡edit! The express trains take only 1hr and 27mins to reach there. The max speed of this route could be 125mph or 110 im not sure as the sources don’t look too accurate and This could be our first Cross-Country route But anyways let me get into operators and Rolling stock
    *Operators*
    1. First Great Western During this time FGW were on the verge of switching the livery to the Purple one that was recently taken away But I think it would be cool to see the white and purple streak livery. This train will be operating services to Paddington, Bristol pkwy, Carmathen and Cornwall/ Devon This Operator will have 2 trains included + a Layer from GWR

2. Arriva Trains wales Sadly this was before the much loved and missed green and white livery Arriva recently stopped using before the franchise became Transport for wales but this operator will use the First arriva Livery and Will be running services from Swansea towards Manchester, Crewe, Pembroke and Chester. This operator will use 2 trains

3. CrossCountry(Not sure)
    I’m still on the verge of seeing if I really want this but If I do it will be running services from Cardiff towards Birmingham and Mannychest will be using current livery This operator will have 1 train with 1 Posssible layer

*Rolling stock*
    1. FGW: For the first train I wanted to use the problem train. The class 180 Adelante fault train This train could run services such as Paddington to Cardiff, Newport, Carmathen and Swansea. I think it would be a cool unique train to drive: an Intercity DMU
    This train was built by Alstom in 2000 with FGW initially giving some back due to faults. It has a Max speed of 125mph and I think this could be a great Train.
    [​IMG]

Next we have the class 158 which is another DMU used by operators like GWR, EMR, SWR, Scotrail, Northern and TFW It was built by BREL in 1989 For Sprinter services. I think this could be used for fgw sprinter services such as Bristol PKWY to Cardiff, Bristol TM, Newport and more. It has a max speed of 90mph and is usually found in 2,4 or 6 car formations [​IMG]

Next is the last train from FGW and it’s the Goat that needs no Introduction… The Mighty HST[​IMG]
    This train could be used on the exact samme routes as the 180 and Im hoping it’s either the purple livery or this one [​IMG]

2. ATW: Next we have is Arriva Trains wales and For the first train it’s going to have to be the class 175 Coradia built in 1999 by Alstom and is part of the same family as the Adelante! it has a max speed of 100mph and is used only by arriva it could be used in formations like: 2 car, 3 car and couple to 4 car, 5 car and 6 car. This train would be used on routes like Milford Haven to Manchester, Newport to Pembroke and Swansea to Chester, Crewe, Birmingham and Holyhead[​IMG]

Next train we have is the class 150/0
    This train would be different to the one we have on West Cornwall as this had no Doorway on the front of the train which means you can’t cross between them if it’s coupled up so Congestion could be a big issue. These trains were built in 1984 by BREL and used by some operators only naming a few being Northern, TFW and FGW and have a max speed of 75mph this train could be used on Arriva commuter routes But unfortunately im not sure if Arriva use this or the 150/2 if so this paragraph was useless and could be layered from WCL[​IMG]

3. CrossCountry: Since this train is rarely on this line Im dumbing it down to one operator being the class 220 voyager. not the HST, the super voyager, or turbostars just the Voyager it was built in 2000 by Bombardier Transport and has a max speed of 125mph this could be used on Cardiff - Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield lines[​IMG]

*stations* this line has a grand total of 18 stations + Bristol TM branch having 4 extra stations bringing it to 22 Being :
    Swansea
    Llansamlet,
    Skewen
    Neath
    Britton Ferry,
    Baglan,
    Port Talbot Parkway,
    Pyle
    Bridgend
    Penceod
    Llamharan
    Pontyclun
    Cardiff Central
    Newport
    Severn Tunnel Junction
    Pilning
    Patchway
    Bristol Parkway
    *Bristol TM Branch*
    Flinton Abbey Wood
    Stapleton Road
    Lawrence Hill
    Bristol Temple Meads

*SUMMARY*
    Overall I know half of the info is left out but remember this was made at 4am by a very sleepy jack who was bored please tell me your opinions on stuff I left and out and tell me if I got the speeds, Rolling stock or anything Like that wrong anyways have a good day
    - Jack travers

• Like Like x 5
  2. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Would you want a 166 that accelerates at the speed of light as well?

• Like Like x 1
  3. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

I believe FGW aka GWR don’t want to be mention in games any more

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Where's your source for that?

5. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Well when GWE first released it was originally going to be in FGW but GWR said change it to GWR but the GWR livery is hidden in folders

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Swansea to Cardiff might be a realistic proposition at 46 miles or stretch to Newport but depending on the exact time period there would be a shedload of freight yards and facilities to put in plus major depots at Landore, Margam and Canton. SWML would actually not be a bad choice for the next steam route.

7. ARuscoe

So maybe they only want their current livery used under their current license with TSW2 which isn't to say they don't want ANY license or won't agree a new one under different terms.

8. ARuscoe

South Wales in the steam era would be a nightmare with all the coal lines!

9. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - unnecessarily hostile]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1