Dlotgw Expansion Dlc.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gwrfan#3416, Jul 22, 2022.

1. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Intro
    So recently I've been playing dlotgw and I thought to myself, dlotgw is missing an lot so I made an list of what should be added in an dlc that would make dlotgw better so here's what I'm suggesting.

Improvements to the route.

Firstly I'm suggesting dovetail make the route look more like it's in the 70s instead of being an replica of GWE but with different locos which I might say have been copied and paste from other routes. I think they can do this by changing the stations and ifastructure you see on the route so it looks like its set in the 70s. Plus they should add the branchlines that are found across this section of the great western mainline like the greenford branchline, the slough-windsor & eton, and etc. Also I think they should expand the line to Oxford so we can actually operate an express train without stopping when we get to the loco's max speed and I know the Oxford is as I've been told not on the great western mainline but it's an part of the great western so I think it should be added. Additionally I think they should add an new line coming of Reading and I know this line ain't run by western region locos but I think it should be added the line is the Reading to Barnstaple line an short southern line that brings some new services to the route which will be clarified later in this poll.

Locos

My secound suggestion which I'm suggesting is to add new, western region diesel locos to Dlotgw that would help make the route feel truly great western. These locos are as follows..

Br class 42:

An underrated gem of the western region the class 42 (also know as the warships) used to pull top notch and semi fast express trains across the region that other locos would struggle with due to the unusual 12 coach load they had to deal with. But for me personally I love this class I consider them underrated and beautiful locomotives which br should have regret withdrawing so quickly.
    In game I can see these locomotives operating many express and goods trains across the line that would be challenging for other locos.

Br class 35:

The class 35 (Hymeks as they know as) were great mix traffic locomotives which were able to handle an lot of duties across the western region which most locomotives would have issues with. This class was able to handle nearly every role it was given like semi fast expresses, local stopping trains, mixed freight and more that make it an locomotive that should be added. In game I can see these locos pull local passenger and freight trains across the line.

Br class 121:

The class 121 an branchline classic which was found across Britain and despite not having the speed or capacity of modern dmus this one was crucial to many towns it operated services and to that it has my regards. In game I can see this class operating branchline services across the line providing an great experience for players.

Br class 117:

The class 117 an dmu that was well known for pulling heavy suburban trains across London and dealing with the challenges that come with it's job as an suburban dmu but I think it should be added as it's way better than the 101 and would make the dlotgw better than any other route in tsw2. In game I can see people trying to master the controls of this dmu as it operates to an strict timetable.

Br class 205:

An demu known across the southern region as an great stopping machine the class 205 while not being well known across the whole western region this class has proven its self worthy of operating on the line pulling suburban and regional stopping services across Britain. In game I can see this locomotive on the Reading to basingstoke line operating quick passenger trains that allow some sort of quickplay option in tsw2.

Wagons

For this route I think they around add new wagon to this route that give it variety with what you see getting hauled. For this which I'll make quick is they should add mk 1 rakes of coaches (bfk, fk, tso, sk, bsk and more), cemflo(which can come from tees Valley line), coal wagons that would make the route an whole lot fun.

Services

This dlc will add an ton of new services like slow and fast passenger trains that would make your time worth while. An example would be Oxford to paddigton non stop/fast expresses, semi fast expresses and more which would allow for an lot of replayability.

Other changes (which are minor).

• Stations redone.
    • Ntp and other locos added from other routes having headcode boxes that show the ehadcode for the service instead of domino headcodes. (Which is unrealistic for the year its set in 1973 where it wasn't introduced yet till the late 70s)
    • Pre tops and tops numbering for locos.
    • Fixes to bugs (which should be added for free)
    • Personal annocements system for stations.
    • Livery designer capabtability for locomotives.
    • Nameplates for locos including class 47s.
    • Correct liveries for locos and dmus (including class 43 hst).
    • Dlotgw timetable should be split into two parts one called early 70s and one called late 70s which have different trains running in different liveries.
    Conclusion

Thank you for reading this post any questions or things you like to say you can add below.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Whilst I don’t know if DTG would do a revamp of the route to give it a 70s look (although I hope they could) I completely agree with the addition of the new locos especially more 1st gen DMUs as all we have is the Class 101 and it would be nice to have more variety :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well we got an overhauled IOW route so the concept is not impossible and proves despite 5 years of denials from DTG that it is possible to rework existing routes.

Of course there would have to be quite a few track changes if you went back aways. No Airport Jn or Heathrow Line going off and Reading would be back to the old station with the Goods Lines round the back where the new platforms are now.

I still wonder though whether a 70's or early 80's era Basingstoke to Oxford might be a better overall choice than retroing the existing GWE.

Any and all of the suggested loco's/units would be nice to see.

4. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Might aswell make a full dlc instead

5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The Class 35, 42/43, 117 and 121 are all spot on locomotive choices with two further options being Class 123 and 128 dmus because they were all in frequent use in the early 1970s.
    As far as the route goes, there were many differences between 1971ish and 2015 but one that many miss mentioning is Westbourne Park Station which closed to Mainline services in 1992.
    I would love to see branches at some point in the future especially when two of them are good for extra freight services.

7. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

I just found this old video that I should've added to the original post but this video shows you what paddigton station and old oak common would look like.