PC In The Name Of The Community - Analysis Of Past Polls

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Holy hell why has this thread stirred up so much?
    The poll isn't trying to be anything more than it is, so presenting the results of a forum poll is perfectly fine and interesting.

The survey size is decent enough. Of course there is a tonne of variables. For example, the fact the survey size is of people interested in the game enough to have an account on the dtg forums and to check it enough that they saw the poll threads, but still it doesn't discount it is a legitimate snapshot of thoughts and deserves to respected as such.
    I feel like personal beefs are fuelling the vitriol in this thread way beyond the relevancy of the poll itself.

Why can't this just be regarded as an interesting snapshot?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

jamesbaby286 I hoped that it would be seen as an interesting snapshot and not as a source for the most fiery discussion ever LOL.
    But anyways, my idea with this seemingly boring and excessive poll was to disprove DTG's claims that the main wish of the community was to get route DLC's.
    All the conclusions we can draw along the way are bonus.

Cheers,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

That isn't really our claim.
    We'd like TSW to have more content, as it stands there's not a lot (compared to Train Simulator 2018 at least). The content that we do make, of course, supports further development.
    We know that a lot of people also want more content, as evident by the suggestions and requests we receive on a daily basis. But we also get a lot more people asking for the editor and bugfixes. We've known for a while that this is the biggest wishes, so the results of the poll weren't surprising.

Could I also ask for people to take their personal grudges elsewhere and keep the discussions on the forum constructive and pleasant?

• Like Like x 7
  4. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

While I do admit, my initial reasoning for having even posted on this thread in the first place was actually to address the fact that a feature on this site, everyone is entitled to use, is taken so offensively, when it shouldn't be.

To answer your question. For one, it doesn't represent the community as a whole, or even enough of it, as not everyone actually apart of this forum participated in whatever poll this is about. Secondly, DTG didn't create this poll. Nothing wrong with having polls, just can't assume based on the little bit of info which is more than likely inconclusive, as a solid representation of the community. Of course, we want more content, Of course, we want content we pay for to all work. Different aspect/features of this game are more important to some than they are to others. But the fact of the matter is, people of this community invest their time and money into a product that they want to provide a healthy level of replayability.

Not many people are keen to sit and play the same 5-6 routes averaging 30 miles a piece. So they also may want to see more content to help keep them entertained. Also, not many people are keen to play a game that constantly crashes on them. Remember, crashes are usually based on the individual experience, not everyone who owns TSW can run it as well as others for different reasons. I have a system capable of running the game at near or at max settings, but still experience crashes, to which I'm not fully aware as to why, but that is a whole different topic.

So, in essence, what I'm saying is... No aspect of the game at this point can be deemed as conclusive by someone outside of DTG as being more important than another. Especially when they, like many of us, more than likely lack any direct insight as to what it takes for them to create and maintain a product that helps them remain in business.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Only thing I will say about polls -- in 1946 the Polls showed Dewey would win the Presidential race and again in 2016 Polls should that Hillary was a shoe-in. :) nuff said...

• Like Like x 2