Pc Specs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Can any of you kind people suggest specs or even a link to a tower to run TS?
    I'm not interested in TSW as have it on PS4 and it isn't really providing the enjoyment I once got from older versions of TS on PC.
    I'm not bothered about running the latest games either so hoping TS doesn't require the latest cutting edge tech to get decent FPS.
    Thanks!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you look at one of the Add-ons it tells you about minimum specs to run a route/add-on.
    Some routes are more demanding then others and a good graphics card in a computer will make a difference.
    GEML is quite demanding - https://store.steampowered.com/app/..._Eastern_Main_Line_LondonIpswich_Route_AddOn/
    And on that page it says

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Thank you!
    I have looked at spec lists previously but in particular the graphics card says 512mb with pixel shader - does that equate to a 1050/60/70 etc?

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

You might get a better response on the Steam TS forum or search that forum for similar questions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi.
    Pixel Shader 3.0 support has been a staple part of pretty much all graphics cards since 2007. If you're looking at new or new-ish cards, you don't need to worry about Pixel Shader, it'll have it.
    1050/60/70 cards will definitely work fine, maybe even a bit overkill. Just make sure you've got a good processor to match, and once TS19 launches with it's 64-bit upgrade, your RAM also needs to be considered. I'd recommend more than 4GB of that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Thanks Luke!

7. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to ask this very question, my old (and stuck in storage) dedicated train simulator and omsi pc's were built around 2011, both overclocked to over 4ghz, one running 2 gfx cards in sli mode ... i think thats the term for it....i've prolly used an STD term tho :)

I can't remember which simulator the twin gfx cards worked best on... might have been Omsi... i just remember one of them it made no difference, the other a good difference.... i do remember i didn't need the heating on in the room whilst playing on the simulators.

So, i'm looking to re-use the case and psu (decent quality 1Kw jobbies... i assume that's enough power still today?)

I'd need a new main board, processor, memory, coolers to match, an SSD of about half a gig?? then a decent gfx card to run TS with every slider maxed out... i imagine the GFX card will cost as much as the other components together... BUT, do i really need that, doesnt TS still mainly use the main processor.

I think i need to get on the 'overclockers uk' forums and start asking... that's where my brother got the specs and stuff from when he built the last pc's... i can't ask him for advise anymore as he's no longer around,

But i remember the mainboards and processors could be bought with the overclocks already in the bios.. all tested to be stable, and the option to run the standard or overclocked verson with a simple selection at start up. ideally i'd get a setup that will run TS wihtout the overclock, and then the overclock can be used for a new lease of life a few years down the line if TS evolves like that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I've found that a Ryzen 2600x paired with a R9380 gives really good results :) also putting TS on a ssd will help out too

• Like Like x 1