Custom Routes/trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blakeiok#7021, Jul 15, 2022.

1. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

So this is about non dtg products. There should be a feature to allow people to create custom routes and trains, like train simulator classic. For example this would allow people to have more routes and probably higher demand for TSW 2 in purchasing. This would make the game more fun and the routes could be over the dtg route mileage limit. The seats inside and the inside in general could also be created, it would be fun to have custom assets as well. It would be nice to see this in game.
    blakeiok.

• Like Like x 3
  2. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

Riding them would be good too and waiting at stations.

3. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

One last thing which I forgot is that the person making the route would have to put trains and timetables in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The issue with this comes down to licensing issues. They've wanted to do an editor way before but will not release an editor and it comes down to licensing issues. If people were to create a train with a livery that dtg does not have the license of, then it could mean dtg never gets permission from the operator ever again. It becomes a problem of dtg allowed it to happen without asking for permission. It causes the operator to lose trust in dtg and no license after all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

I would love this. I have so many routes I want to make but can't because I don't have Train Simulator Classic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is this really the problem? We have the livery creator, surely this would be in breach of those licensing terms?

This is just a guess but I'd imagine it's down to Sony or Microsoft or maybe dtg themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Actually making something independently in the livery designer is no problem. It's sharing a licensed livery that's the problem, hence why only certain brands are permitted on the creators club

• Like Like x 2
  8. But they are still shared online and used on tsw. 100s of videos on YouTube of unlicensed liveries.

If it really was a licencing issue then dtg are still responsible for the unlicensed liveries that show up on their simulator everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's probably cuz it's not through dtg. For example, if you go on the tsc website, bunch of liveries are available to download, even unlicensed ones. Modders can do whatever they want. If the the livery is shared on creators club for example or if dtg were to create a train that had an unlicensed livery then that results in a loss of trust between the toc and dtg, meaning the possibility that we may never have the livery. People may have unlicensed liveries that they created through other software or through livery designer, but if they were to upload it to creators club, it would be taken down. They are also probably not shared to the public.

Liveries in creators club can't be any unlicensed ones and if you try to upload one, it would be taken down

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well DTG are pretty adamant we are not getting a route editor, though I personally think that is a rather large bullet through the foot for them.

Of course a route editor is only the half of it. What restrictions would DTG and their associates place on referencing assets from existing routes, if even possible? Some like Thomson or Rivet already try and prevent this with their TSC assets by making them unpickable, unless you hack the bin file with RW Tools. If you want to make custom assets then you will need a 3D modelling programme and paint/graphics that supports TSW's particular variation of UE4. That may well come at too high a price for the hobby modeller, unless something like Blender and Paint dot net or Irfanview supported and then would need relevant exporters creating.

• Like Like x 1
  11. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

The livery would not need a logo if it didn't have the licencing, what I am also suggesting is that dtg try and get more licenses for this to happen, I know its not easy proven with SWR. but I just thought it would be a cool feature to the game.

12. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

People are discussing licencing on this thread,
    this thread's suggestion doesn't necessarily need logos etc, just as realistic as possible.

"If dtg does have licensing, great! This would mean you would get licensing, etc. But I was just debating that it would be a cool feature to the game and attract new players, with the suggestion you would have a chance of your local station being involved and how cool it would be to have it in a game and it would be fun for if we had another lockdown and couldn't go out."
    Blake.

13. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, custom contists rather than custom trains (even mentioned custom interior) should be a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

I mean maybe even just custom routes because that would still be good,
    EG: West Coastway - 377 / 313.
    I guess you could add more trains if dovetail gets licenses and adds them.

15. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Custom routes is a good idea, as we've got something like this already on TSC.

16. blakeiok#7021

blakeiok#7021 New Member

A year later this has basically confirmed, Editor.