No Liveries Available For Tees Valley Line Locomotives?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by british rail, Jul 11, 2022.

1. british rail

british rail New Member

Hi all,
    I firstly just want to say that I am new to trains as I am more of an aviation enthusiast so please correct me if I get any terminology wrong.
    As the thread title suggests, I haven't been able to find a single livery for any of the following locomotives:
    Class 31
    Class 20
    Class 37
    Class 08

The only loco that I have been able to find a livery for is the Class 101. When I go to the 'Creators Club' to find liveries for any of the trains mentioned above, not a single one can be found. None for the Class 20 or 31. Although there are quite a few liveries available for the Class 37, they are all for the other routes such as the West Cornwall Local. Not a single livery can be found for any of these trains for the Tees Valley Line route.
    In addition to this, when I want to create my own livery, I go to the 'Livery Designer' but again, from the Tees Valley Line route, I can only repaint the Class 101. Why aren't any liveries available for these 4 locomotives for the Tees Valley Line route?
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance,
    British Rail

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

TVL is part of the pre-TSW2 "preserved collection," in other words it predates the advent of Livery Designer. DTG has a staff artist bringing those older locos up to LD compatibility, but it's not a fast process and the TVL locos haven't got there yet, except for the 101. Have patience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. british rail

british rail New Member

solicitr Thank you very much! As I said I am new to the game and had no idea that it was a long process.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe when the locos are created the "skin" is part of the loco and to make it applicable to the designer it obviously has to be white, and the surfaces have to be paintable. If they've been created with a skin in place then this all has to be redone
    As solicitr says, this is not a quick process compared to some other processes and the preserved team "lost" their designer to the main team and had to replace them so things got further delayed

5. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

When did that happen? Was it hidden in yesterday's patch?

7. I have had alternative liveries for the mentioned locos for months? Or is the op in the wrong forum?

8. solicitr

The 37 on West Cornwall was LD compatible at launch, and the Class 101 was done quite some time back. But to my knowledge, until today the TVL 37 (and 20 and 31) were not.

9. I think the ones I have are legacy skins, found on train sim community.

They appear in tvl.

10. solicitr

Ah, OK. Those are .pak files, which are permanent and appear on every loco of the type so long as the mod is installed- the old-school approach.

11. british rail

british rail New Member

Yes as far as I'm aware, liveries for TVL are not available yet.

12. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Some of the pak livery creators seem to have figured out how to make them selectable like any other livery

13. british rail

british rail New Member

How do you download those .pak files?