D78 Stock & District Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 24, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Logically it would make sense for Rivet to reuse the 484 shell and model it as D78 Stock on the district line. But at 48 miles and a whopping 60 stations the full line is probably not going to get modelled.

So my question to you all, is which part of the district line would you like to see modelled and why?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be in suggestions?

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I would say the southern and western sections, Aldgate East or Mile End to Wimbledon and Richmond. Maybe Olympia. The Edgware Road service was operated by C69 stock and if you don’t go to Barking or Upminster you avoid all the parallel sections running with main line rail.

However I can’t quite see Rivet having the skill base to pull this off, more likely in DTG or perhaps Just Trains purview.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

Sorry didn't realise you was now a mod!

It's hardly a suggestion is it really? This is more of a discussion over which section they should model if they where to utilise the existing 484 model and back date it.
    But if admin decide it sits better in suggestions then they are welcome to love it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

Not a mod else would have just moved it...
    Well it kind of is, same as the things in the suggestions are "discussions on whether people would like to see something in game"

6. redrev1917

Where did I say I wanted it in the game? A suggestion should have a detailed breakdown of the route along with details of what services could be included. I have limited knowledge of the line and just know that the 484 is derived from the D78 so not able to provide a detailed suggestion. And had I put it in suggestions then no doubt I'd have got wanna be mods like you moaning at me for not including enough detail.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

That bit...
    Not really. We see loads of "Hey, how about the district line?" type posts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_line
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU-ISBRtJrbo-4xAN4uyeam9roiYHsyN7

JD recently put a comment in the subs section to say it's fine to just put "I want" (even if people will moan, hey we all love a good moan...)

8. redrev1917

Like I say if an actual mod has a problem with it then they can move it.
    You aren't the forum police so quit acting like one.

And learn to read, asking a question is not making a suggestion.

9. ARuscoe

I asked a question. It's a valid question...

10. redrev1917

No it's not, there's a report button if you feel any post goes against the forums rules. Trying to police the forum your self is nothing but antagonist and going off the topic of the thread.

11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Either 100% of the districtline or no district line at all.

Im just tired of those lines ending at 50% of the route. We have enough fire and forget, and tsw lacks its most on using potential of routes (networks)

I agree, the entire district line for the usual 30 euro is unrealistic. So one option is a 2 or 3 part dlc, with the middle part as base route and the others as extensions.

When planned in the begin, there is really no excuse that its "not possible" and other blabla.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. redrev1917

Well as the D78 didn't run the full line, a section had platforms too short. Would you feel it was acceptable to omitt that section?

• Like Like x 1
  13. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

All or nothing. Likewise a bit annoyed with this we'll do half the route because we didn't have time/license etc. If they don't have what they need to do a full route, they shouldn't bother. The only time I feel like half routes are acceptable at the moment is with really long routes like London to Manchester.

• Like Like x 1
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Good question, but to be honest cutting routes to the usage of partial train operations shouldnt be an option in tsw in my opinion. In tsc yes why not, but a next gen train sim needs a bigger vision than "60 min driving experience, half routes & all the wasted potential".

The reason is simple, once released a section, the chance to get the full route is almost 0.

I have a rather strict opinion about the choice of routes. Dtg went big with spirit of steam. Now its released without manual firing, no loco dlcs on the horizon and on top tsw 3 got leaked.

I really hope dtg has planned something big, but this waste needs to end. To name the problem, still routes which are way to empty to call it an experience.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 20220724120631_1.jpg 20220724120644_1.jpg 20220724120652_1.jpg 20220724120659_1.jpg 20220724120706_1.jpg

Here's what we have in tsc. Must be possible on tsw?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  16. OldVern

Or even better, the time when CO/CP and R stock was running side by side with the D78's (up until 1982 I believe).

• Like Like x 2
  17. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Disregarding size, my main concern with producing the District Line would be having no AI traffic at points where the line runs alongside and interchanges with other lines. You've got SWR services at Wimbledon and Richmond, London Overground between Gunnersbury and Richmond, c2c services east of Bromley-by-Row across to Upminster, and all the Circle and H&C line services which would use different stock entirely. The result would be a route that could end up feeling very dead - Bakerloo is bad enough having an empty WCML (and I don't see enough routes being made anytime soon to provide the appropriate layers).

Maybe instead for reuse of the Class 484, a Class 230 could be produced for a shorter route like the Marston Vale Line (I made a proposal for this a few days ago on the suggestions page).

• Like Like x 1
  18. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agreed, I wouldn’t want half a sandwich and half a route with half a timetable

19. OldVern

And of course Ealing Broadway, forgot that in my previous thoughts about the western end.
    Mind any route in TSW has the chance to end up as a one trick pony - Cathcart probably the worst case in point.
    Then again if you look at the TSC Metropolitan route, it’s only got the S7 and S8 surface line stock. There’s nothing running on the Jubilee line tracks or on the adjacent NR (shared north of Harrow) in respect of Chiltern services, at least so far as the route is supplied.

20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

With most routes it would be difficult to get every service represented, the District Line would be one of the most difficult. The Circle Line and Metropolitan Line would be better contenders, the former only seeing main line AI around Royal Oak (which could be layered on from GWE) and the Met Line could use a Class 165 in Chiltern livery for playable Aylesbury services and AI for Marylebone (part-built from the Class 166 we already have). Otherwise the only stock used is the S7+1 and S8 stock (which are virtually identical apart from an extra carriage and some interior seating tweaks). You could even include the D78, C69 and A60/62 stock here.

• Like Like x 1