Cow Do You Add Number Configurations To Ap Cl37

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Volvo B10M, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

Is there a way to add configurations to the AP 37 packs for liveries that would have never have featured in the same era as the ID, like if I wanted to feature 37003 in Colas or 37901 in any livery to use as a static 37/9 or is it possible to do this by adding something to the ID code to override the blank ID per that instance?

2. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

I have moo idea (sorry)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

So far as I know, it's not possible, and I've never managed to do this every time I have tried.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I think the way it automatically chooses the train prevents it. You can try LocoSwap though.

5. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Can't you still set the numbers manually?

6. Pookeyhead

Yes, but if you choose a number that wasn't used for that livery and time period, the train will not work.

7. Cyclone

So if the pack thinks it is not realistic, it refuses to function.

I am not sure I like an AI built into the numbering system telling the designer that he is wrong. But I just play the scenarios. :D

8. Pookeyhead

It's not AI. It just looks it up against a list of what numbers and livery that loco actually carried.
    But if he try numbering it D6700 in Inter City swallow livery, he would be wrong :)

9. Cyclone

I am talking about the standard Joe Schmoe, not an expert. ;) Of course, sharing a scenario would then lead to “The experts cry foul”.

10. Pookeyhead

Would the average Joe be designing a scenario?
    Well... if someone shared a scenario that was technically incorrect, then probably, yes... unless the author made it clear it was based on a fictional loco.

11. Cyclone

The answers are “Maybe” and “Perhaps”. :)

12. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

13. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

How do I get LocoSwap to add ID numbers?

I think D6700 might work in IC but with it's TOPS number (37029?) as it still existed during the ICS era. The issue is when it comes to putting numbers like 37901 in to Europhoenix to use as a static loco, this will not work as there are no 37/9s in either pack. I do want to try adding a privately preserved ID in a newer livery as apparently some apparently consider these as not existent, having been officially retired but I see them as surviving like in a discussion I had regarding 37109.

14. Cyclone

It's as simple as going to the train and changing it. Let's say I wanted to change the train number on LIRR's Hempstead 7's as an example. Note, as an official Career scenario I don't advise editing this one unless you know exactly how to keep it working; this is for example only and would remain working using this method on a non-official scenario.

Let's start by loading the scenario, and I presume you understand this part:

upload_2022-7-21_5-52-14.png

By the way, "Beth" for Train 2008 should be Ronkonkoma; if you want to edit the train name, you can change that in the editor on a cloned copy. Bethpage is a stop just after our route ends, which I think is where "Beth" came from.

The player train is 0717. For background, in 2019, this ID represents the 7:12 a.m. service to Bellerose and skipping the rest of the stops, a unique Peak service on the Hempstead branch. See the following for background:

upload_2022-7-21_5-55-11.png

Let's assume you were a rider on that exact service and you know the exact train numbers used. For the sake of example, we'll assume your knowledge is that engine 7050 was the head engine for this journey. Since these trains are often paired with the lower odd neighbour and higher even neighbour (7015-7016, 7023-7024), with odd examples due to cars getting wrecked (as has happened in a couple of instances), we can assume 7049 would be the second car in this pairing. So load up the train and select the engine.

upload_2022-7-21_5-58-19.png

Select the "Change number" button under the picture of the train. This brings you to a list of valid numbers for the units (BTW, fun fact, 7017 as in the scenario is not on it as this is an A unit, which was even; B is odd). Select the number from the list, or type your own at the bottom of this window:

upload_2022-7-21_6-1-2.png

Click OK, then repeat this task for the paired B car to select a7049.

If you want to edit further to put the destination in by default, you would edit the letter "a" manually. We're going to Penn, so you can go along the entire train and change "a" to "i" for the entire set. You can repeat this for any other train. Trains to Babylon get a "j", trains to Huntington get an "r", and so on. This will allow all AI destination boards to be set. To change just the letter, you would follow the same procedure on each car and edit manually instead of choosing a number from the list as before. Also, you can leave the player train as the default "a" and set it within the game using F7 and F8.

When done anything you want to change, you would hit Save...but I would advise cloning official scenarios before editing so you can test your chops at editing. :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  15. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I can change the number in the scenario editor as I am using custom free roam, the issue is if I change the number to one that is not recognised like 37198 in NR Yellow it shows with loads of body parts missing despite it being an existing example.

16. Cyclone

That is strange, then.

17. Pookeyhead

No it's not. The AP 37 numbering system is not just a number, there are a load of other parameters that also need to be present and one of them is period, and if you add a number that is not age accurate for that period, and livery, the train will not work. I thought you said you had the AP 37?
    Screenshot 2022-07-22 08.12.52.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  18. Cyclone

I do, I actually know that as I researched and spreadsheeted the details of each unit. I guess I forgot when I made that comment. LOL

Started looking at others, as well, but they weren't as complex in many cases.

19. Pookeyhead

So you own all these AP products... yet have no idea how they work, and not one of your 170+ YouTube videos features a single AP product.... Hmmmmm

20. Cyclone

First of all, stop baiting me with antagonistic comments. It's not appreciated. I have a lot of trains. It's easy to forget something temporarily here and there.

Second, I am working towards adding them. I actually have plans to get the 37 featured as soon as I can, and I might be at a point I can do that soon. I just had to play LIRR first or it might have come sooner. Meanwhile, I played some original 66 scenarios using the AP model, but the recordings wound up becoming lost (the quality was also questionable due to lots of complaining about the poor timings and such) and I have to redo them. I soon plan to introduce Edinburgh-Glasgow, home of some of the scenarios for that, and will probably pre-tape new 66 runs at the same time using both the original and AP versions to show the difference in operation. My goal has always been introduce the original before using enhanced versions (Deltic will get that treatment care of ECML as well; I have the VP pack and the AP sounds). But enough talk about my channel, this isn't the place for that.

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Read The Manual - it shows how the number should appear in the Scenario.

Example locomotive number
    37013;Config=Early90sUnrefurb;BR=1;DP=5;plough=full
    Key:
    37013 - Locomotive number
    ;BR=1 - British Rail plaque
    ;DP=5 = Cardiff Canton depot plaque
    ;plough=full - 3-piece snowplough

22. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I have read the manual but that does not cover the issue. I am trying to create instances of locomotives that do not work with either of the AP packs. For example 37198 which was painted in Network Rail yellow, but when 37198 is entered to one with the NR livery it just shows as non existent as it seems to have been omitted. Creating a stationary instance of 37901 in Europhoenix sat on a siding (non-running due to sounds) is something else I wanted to do is also not possible as the 901-906 are not in the database.

Also, in the event a loco in the future that has been preserved for a while is returned to mainline it will likely not work in the livery it is painted in unless it is updated as the affected loco ID will only work with older BR liveries. The same applies to my fleet of "ghost" locomotives, some of which were scrapped before some liveries even existed. I have had to keep them in more original liveries for now, although 37012 doesn't seem to mind WCRC.

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The AP Class 37s are heavily scripted and unless the number/letter combination is correct it does not work.

It is possible someone else might have done repaints for the loco you want but it may or may not use the AP Class 37s

24. Pookeyhead

You can't do what you want unless you edit or rewrite the scripting, or reskin one of the liveries into Network Rail yourself, but then you would lose the one it is replacing.

25. Cyclone

I suppose one could always contact AP and ask whether it is possible to have them modify the scripting to support a train that is known to exist? I mean, it never hurts to ask; the worst they can do is say no.

26. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I was looking for a file that listed the data for locomotives permitted to exist in that livery, as I was hoping to create a clone of an existing loco but with different numbers (creating a copy of 97302 and changing the ID to 37198). I just can't find a file containing such data for the livery variant.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  27. Pookeyhead

They'll be in the .bin files. I doubt there's a list anywhere.

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is a list of numbers that can be used for each Livery

Start with the livery you want - NR_W1
    In the folder are two files, 37-0.dcsv & 37-0_2.dcsv
    Opening 37-0.dcsv gives us
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <cCSVArray xmlns:d="http://www.kuju.com/TnT/2003/Delta" d:version="1.0" d:id="1">
    <CSVItem>
    <cCSVItem d:id="2">
    <X d:type="sFloat32">0</X>
    <Y d:type="sFloat32">0</Y>
    <Name d:type="cDeltaString">97301;Config=Late10sUnrefurb</Name>
    </cCSVItem>
    <cCSVItem d:id="3">
    <Name d:type="cDeltaString">97302;Config=Late10sUnrefurb</Name>
    </cCSVItem>
    <cCSVItem d:id="4">
    <Name d:type="cDeltaString">97303;Config=Late10sUnrefurb</Name>
    </cCSVItem>
    <cCSVItem d:id="5">
    <Name d:type="cDeltaString">97304;Config=Late10sUnrefurb</Name>
    </cCSVItem>
    </CSVItem>
    </cCSVArray>

It mentions the config for each loco is found in
    \Assets\AP\Class37Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class37\CommonResources\Configs\Late10sUnrefurb.txt

If you look how the files are put together you might be able to add an entry for the loco you want.

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Pookeyhead

That should be fairly easy to add to. I'll give it a go when I have a minute.

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not perfect due to the number placing
    Screenshot_1 - Test Centre_51.10781-6.22636_12-03-40.jpg

31. Pookeyhead

Yay! Just shows you.... never give up... like I do :)