186 Fret Strasbourg Paurt-du-rhin - Frankfurt (main) Scenario Failure

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by jeff.engle, Jul 25, 2022.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

[WORKAROUND] Wait for signal to change - DO NOT request to pass danger. The tracks don't switch ---> STILL A BUG!!! If you get a pass danger approval it should WORK!

Windows 10, latest update on Train Simulator. Getting Game Over Derailment due to junction switched against train (186 FRET Longitude=7.79359 Latitude=48.57423)

I start the Career Scenario 186 FRET from Bahnstrecke Strasbourg - Karlsruhe - a mixed freight, since the train has already been started I just have to place it in forward, release brakes, turn on headlight and apply power.
    15 seconds in request pass through red, and get request to pass danger approved
    at 1:18 I join the mainline and get the scenario failure.

When I check the map, there are no switches for me to change, so it looks like it's set up incorrectly to begin with. This scenario came with the route.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Your workaround is the correct procedure. This is a scheduled train, so just wait for your slot and the signal to switch to Hp1.

It's better to only use TAB when scenario tells you to, or you have reason to enter an occupied block. The bug is the dispatcher allowing you to pass the signal while your path (Fahrstrasse) has not been set yet. This is done when the passing train leaves this signal block.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2022
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have come across the Dispatcher allowing trains out when the route is blocked.

I was stood at a signal on another German route and having used TAB I was told I could pass the signal at Danger but the route was not set and the train derailed on a set of trailing points

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Like I said, don't use TAB unless instructed to do so. Just await your turn.

I am not a route builder so I can't tell where the bug is with the signals. Tabbing should be foolproof. On most american TS routes, you'll only get permission to enter an occupied block if your active instruction is of a CoupleTo type.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2022