[mod] Modified Time Of Day System For Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by annadess, Jul 26, 2022.

1. annadess

annadess Member

Hi all!

I managed to port over DRA's TOD system to RT. However, some bits of lighting and weather behaviour didn't really match my expectations, so I adjusted the lighting for sunset/sunrise lighting and made it so a lot less light can pass through clouds, eliminating the pesky hard shadows that used to be present even at full cloud strength. Other minor changes include other cloud, shadow and night/moon changes.
    Here's a link to the mod itself!

Screenshots and videos uploaded here are used with the base game Engine.ini file, for custom ones your experience may vary.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have fun with my mod!
    -Aurora Bee

• Like Like x 8
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Woah awesome!!! Could you please team up with londonmidland he is currently working on station light upgrades. I think you two are up to something fundamental big

• Like Like x 1
  3. annadess

annadess Member

I don't know how big of a priority Rapid Transit's lights are for londonmidland, but I'd imagine he'd first want to improve a few more UK routes' lighting :P
    Anyway, I don't really plan to make any improvements to the lights for this route, I know especially with this mod, it really shows how lighting wasn't a big concern in the early days of TSW and it can look really ugly at times, but it would also take a lot of work to change this. Not only are there a lot of stations on the route but also just a lot of places where lamp posts next to the track seem to be missing the route would really benefit from, so idk if anyone would be willing to take on a task like that. ^^'
    Otherwise all knowledge I gathered from making this mod is there on the Train Sim Community Discord where a lot of our modders are on. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Ah great you share your knowledge in the TSC!

Anyway, I'm hyped to try RT again today (with your mod) - the route I "learned everything and PZB" years ago since it was my first ever played route in TSW1

• Like Like x 1
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don’t own Rapid Transit (or any non-British DLCs)

• Like Like x 2
  6. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

The Day / Night Cycle is another thing thats totally broken in TSW2 currently...just like the lighting, DTG needs to fix this soon!
    Great Mod.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. RT has always been one of my favourite "underdog" routes that I feel doesn't get the attention it deserves, but I can't deny that the ambient lighting of the route is all sorts of off. This really kicks the enjoyment up a notch.

TSW2_Callum_1658833006_00.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  8. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG Alex
    Will DTG look into the many lighting issues that a mod like this fixes?

9. annadess

annadess Member

Oh my god those images are amazing! I'm just a bit dissatisfied how snow can look like in TSW in general, espeically at night, but you found a really really good time and nice settings to take these pics, love it!
    And yeah the underdog feel I can get, but I'm also a local so that also helps me kinda like this route a bit more (and of course want it to be even better)

10. Callum B.

It was completely by accident! I just chose a random BR 182 service from the Journeys tab. I was also surprised by how much better the trees looked in the snow than I remembered.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. Callum B.

There is a bug with this mod that curiously disables the Scenario Planner for the route. The button becomes greyed-out and unclickable. I hope this can be fixed because I was really looking forward to doing a run with the BR101!

upload_2022-7-27_14-11-49.png

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  12. annadess

annadess Member

Whoops, very good find, thanks! I'll see what I can do about that, there's also another mod in the making for RT that creates the same bug actually so this helps me in more ways than one. I'll let you know when I've got a fix ready.

• Like Like x 3
  13. annadess

annadess Member

Hi! This should be fixed with the latest update available from the TSC site. Mod Manager should have the update too in 1-2 days, when opening you'll be notified when you can download it. Hope this doesn't break other stuff

• Like Like x 1