Rant: Why Does Dovetail Refuse To Make Any Line Which Contains Ashford Station?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jezzdabezz#1712, Jul 27, 2022.

1. jezzdabezz#1712

jezzdabezz#1712 Member

Like they have got close many times. They make HS1 BUT THEN THEY MAKE IT GO TO FAVERSHAM why ? if its south-eastern highspeed then build the whole bloody route! Why do they always make Medway route. I'm from central southern Kent and I don't give any fs about bloody Medway. So many routes go through Ashford many more important than the Chatham mainline or the Medway valley line. its a main junction on the network? For example the south-eastern mainline has more passengers and is more widely known , The line to Canterbury through the Kent downs and many others? its a major junction in the network. do they have a rule which says "If it has Ashford don't make it"?

2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Simple Awnser: it's a recreation of the London to Faversham route for TS.

Alternative Awnser: they don't have a grudge on Ashford, however it's a bit more boring just going full speed from London to Ashford with a couple of stops, and also means there couldn't be a loco DLC (465)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Moving this to suggestions. I'd also like to add, we haven't added Ipswich either. I'm sure there are others. I'm mainly bothered about Ipswich though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  4. jezzdabezz#1712

jezzdabezz#1712 Member

Sorry for being so angry... I just struggled to find any routes on TSW which I have a connection to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Longer routes means more dev time. Dtg have deadlines they have to meet and can't create everything or a full trainline unless it's within their budget and timeline

• Like Like x 1
  6. jezzdabezz#1712

jezzdabezz#1712 Member

7. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

SEHS would be an incredibly boring route if it was just a high speed line with 1 or 2 intermediate stop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You could say the same with any route. A major station is left out or something. You've got to accept it. Routes take a long time to make, many months of work. There's not only that but also other things such as making the trains, timetables, scenarios. Also extensions won't happen in the foreseeable future. They haven't gotten the tech yet to create a seamless timetable once you extend/merge routes together. But accept the fact that dtg can't include everything in a route

• Like Like x 4
  9. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

SEHS was originally meant to contain Northfleet too, but that got canned, and I'm still disappointed about that, and then there's the Airport branch on Reisa-Dresden that got canned too, we can't have everything in life

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Where is Swindon, or Newcastle. Carlisle is a pretty big omission too oh and don’t forget Birmingham New Street. With all the carp currently going down in the world, OP is whinging because Ashford isn’t in a train game. Unbelievable!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jezzdabezz#1712

jezzdabezz#1712 Member

I said I was sorry for being so angry? I guess I overestimated the size of dovetail? I always thought they where some massive company just sitting on their arses and not doing any work. when actually they are a small company with limited time and resources.

12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's okay, people are just having a bit of fun. All is well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ashford to ebbsfleet has no stops in between. It would be rather boring anyway. If dtg did the route you would get one train the 395 I doubt they would model a eurostar just for scenery.

Other routes from Ashford I don't think dtg have ever gone there on tsc. I think routes like that with a variety of rolling stock and branches is just too much for them to handle or spend time on anyway.

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There ARE no major junctions in Kent. The only line which can be class as "major" is HS1, which Ashford is on, but not even as an international station any more, so basically it becomes a commuter station
    Think about it, where do the lines there actually go?
    Hastings - not a major town
    Dover - used to be major, but no boat trains any more
    Canterbury - not a major city, even if it's the only one in Kent
    Thanet - erm, no
    Maidstone - County town, but not exactly a major town
    London - 56 miles in 80 minutes... Not a single class 1 train within the next four hours from anywhere other than St Pancras (ie they're all stoppers)

I'd be fine with Ashford on a route in the game, but the town isn't major for anything except SEHS trains because of the depot. Other than that there's very little difference between what goes through Ashford and what goes through Faversham except for the 171 and that's a once an hour slow train through lovely green fields and little else

15. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

But what about that major hub, of railway activity............... Johnston ?

• Like Like x 2