Rhein Ruhr Osten - Hibernal Heaven Scenario.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by daveking8, Jan 16, 2022.

1. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Is anyone having problems with this scenario ? I am driving the G6 at approx 25 kmh towards the failed train. At various places between the first signal stop and the failed train, the game has crashed four times. After the second crash I exited and verified the game files. Still no success, the game keeps crashing on this scenario.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

This is a known issue. There is a patch somewhere in the pipeline, but it’s not released yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Thanks for information.

4. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet ? I tried it again yesterday, managed to get to the broken down train, coupled up to it - then CRASH ! very frustrating ...... Has anyone got any further ? Thanks.

5. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Its not fixed yet. Maik Goltz will be the best person to answer when the fix might come.

6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Sorry but i have no answer to that unfortunately. The fix was made 2 days after the release of that DLC but is waiting since then (with other tiny fixes) to get re-tested and released. I can't do much about that.

• Like Like x 3
  7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Damn these blasted delays in patches!
    Really hope that Matt can get it sorted as it's been a source of user frustration ever since TSW was released.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1865780/Downfall__A_Slay_the_Spire_Fan_Expansion/

They just released this free mod on the 25th of March, and pushed out 12 fixes until yesterday. Even if TSW is on multiple platforms, how come that TSW only gets updated maybe once a month recently? Is it that hard to release small fixes? And to be completely honest, I don't buy this all platforms have to have patches at the same time thing. This is not a cross-platform multiplayer game, where it's important to have the same version for everyone. Surely, they could release a Steam patch on Monday, and if the next PS slot is available on Thursday, then do it that Thursday. With regards to answers, I'd like to gain insight into this, not the PR stuff that gets mentioned during streams... I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.

9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I confirm.
    Not being able to enjoy a DLC because of a blocking bug, although corrected immediately, but pending for 4 months.
    If we are within the time limit of BR 143 (7 months), this bug will perhaps be updated in June.
    The bug queue is getting longer and longer. Before Rush Hour, after the release of a DLC, we had a first patch within 15 days, now it takes months. And in the meantime, we paid for DLC that was sold as operational.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

It certainly doesn't really add up. I would suggest they are struggling to manage the complexity of the game at this point and as they add more content that problem will only get worse. We are in for a significant gap in new releases now so there is no excuse for not getting the preservation items through QA and out to the players. They don't have to theme them around a particular release (did they really ever have to?) and can just work steadily through them all.

In the time it has taken for these to go out there will have been more changes made and new features that also need backdating, so it is also an endless task.

I can forsee a new category of items: legacy. Legacy items will not get any updates but will still be compatible with new content e.g. via scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kurtosizm

One would hope that until Spirit of Steam releases, there are bug fixes and QA testing in the pipeline (as there's no other DTG route or loco DLC that they announced), but that's all wishful thinking. By quickly glancing through my Steam library, I can honestly say this is the buggiest game of all. With other games, you get patches every now and then, but at the end of the day, you don't read the patch notes, because you never really encountered any of those bugs. With TSW, I can always find obvious bugs and other teething issues, sometimes within the first 10 minutes (in case of a new route). Which makes you wonder how bad their QA is. Do I see any improvements, as this was promised on a stream around the New Year? Honestly, my answer is NO.

12. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

There has been multiple patch releases since the DLC was released. Dang! how long is that QA queue? DTG should prioritize and release it as it could be an easy win.

13. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Interesting there are so many sales recently and a slowdown in releases.
    Hope their finances are in a reasonable state.

14. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

They are a UK company, so they have to file their accounts which is publicly accessible. So I took a peek, they actually doubled their profits in 2021. The total earnings were also up by 30%.

• Like Like x 1
  15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Months to test a small fix? I guess the fact that tsg probably has ready the br 420 before the g6 fix is released would be another embaressing low for dtg.

No words to that. Sorry dtg, maiks content adds huge value to many ouf your dlcs.
    Giving priority to tsgs own product would be highly appreciated.

I hope its adressed with the preservation updates. But bakerloo still has wrong stopping points at willesden jct & wembley north after at least 5 updates, so there is clearly something wrong with their processes.

16. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

yeah. That stopping points is a bit of a saga. Its in every route. In Boston-Providence route, The loco needs to pull up so one coach gets to the accessible platform. But the stopping points stop the loco there instead.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

A diesel shunter bug fix update should always be a lower priority then bugs which affects the core game or a route DLC. Why? Because a core bug or a route bug fix is going to benefit more players.

What needs to be addressed is better quality QA prior to release so these bugs don't happen. Would it really be that impossible for QA to run though each and every scenario to ensure it works prior to release?

18. Maik Goltz

Spoken for the G6 DLC, it all was tested more than twice before release. Those bugs, that come up first time after the actual release, happen and are a pain for sure. I ran that hibernal heaven scenario maybe 20 times, maybe more and it never crashed. It was also tested by the QA a few times and also never crashed there. So there was no bug to fix. The first time i heard from a crash in that scenario was a few days after release. So what should a developer do against such behaviour of the software? Using the crystal ball? Mine was stolen 30 years ago and never found a new one... :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. redrev1917

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and clearly something is wrong with the process. Because this isn't a one off and all to often we purchase routes and locos with broken scenarios/services which take months to fix.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  20. kurtosizm

I remember I bought the DLC around Christmas, and finished the scenario without any issues. Maybe a patch released later kinda 'broke it'? We've seen weird things happening after core updates etc.

21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Use the whole quote:

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.”

― Oscar Wilde

• Like Like x 3
  22. redrev1917

Except I wasn't quoting anyone just making a statement of fact

23. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Actually, you obviously were quoting - if unknowingly:)

24. redrev1917

Virtually every sentence ever wrote could be attributed as quote using your logic

25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Little update...

I just reached this scenario in my Journey Mode for the G6 and the UE crash seems to have been eliminated.
    However what I did find following the scenario instructions it was impossible to get brake release from the leading G6 which is traction locked. In the end I had to go back into the second G6 and move the brake handle to release, though that then created the problem that the brakes will not apply at all except in emergency which immediately creates a wheelslide at any speed, whether using train brake or loco brake. The dynamic brake is incapable of holding a train that heavy on the 2.6% falling gradient so essentially I was a runaway coming down the bank. I eventually managed to get the speed under control approaching Wuppertal, but probably not exactly how the scenario is supposed to be completed!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Maik Goltz

Sounds like you forgot to set the master-slave things right? A brake handle in release on the trailing loco should not make any problems when the loco is set to slave, what is not possible when the levers are not in middle positions. So i assume you made a setup mistake somewhere. It's a hard scenario, but doable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I finished this scenario in journey mode in my 7th or 8th try. Sparks flying while sliding downhill, I was almost 50 km/h fast and my heart was pounding since I immerse myself way too much obviously :) Was fun though but yeah, I think this is not the intention of the creator ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Master slave was set up correctly but guess I must have overlooked something. Going by hyperlord's post above I'm not the only one!

29. Maik Goltz

As i remember you get clear objectives what to do in that scenario. Follow them strict or it might break stuff.