Ferry Sim World

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TSW Nathan, Jul 28, 2022.

1. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I think dovetail games should make a ferry Simulator. Delivering passangers at ports. Being able to walk around the port and ferry.

3 Base Routes:

1. Caledonian MacBrayne
    Drive the MV Isle of Mull and the MV Loch Frisa (only at peak time for MV Loch Frisa)
    Between Oban Ferry Terminal and Craginure Mull. Crossing time is 50 mins

upload_2022-7-28_9-34-43.png

2. Wightlink
    Drive the Victoria of Wight between Portsmouth Harbour and Ryde Peir Head. Crossing time 22 mins

upload_2022-7-28_9-35-33.png
    3. Staten Island
    Operate the Staten Island Ferry from New York to Staten Island. (30 mins)
    upload_2022-7-28_9-35-58.png

Become a the captain or be part of the crew in these 3 ferry routes in Ferry Sim World.

Captain- Drive the boat safely to it's destination

Crew: Operate the Car and Passanger doors directing vehicles and providing customer service throughout the journey.

Ik this is the off topic section but I didn't know where else to put it. Dovetail games could use the water features from tsw and Fishing Sim.
    This game could have scenarios such as having sharks pass by or having trouble with the doors. Please make this because it would be a really cool game to see that no good developers have done. Please make it available to Console players as well. upload_2022-7-28_9-34-43.png upload_2022-7-28_9-35-33.png upload_2022-7-28_9-35-58.png

Additional DLC
    Land and Sea Puttgarden Rodby
    Drive the Scandlines Hybrid ferry from Puttgarden to Rødby, Denmark. Perform passenger operations and load train carriages onto the ferry.
    View attachment 95752

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I do quite like the idea of piloting a huge boat, but i think that it's too big a task for DTG at the moment. Maybe a larger studio?

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A ferry simulator might be a nice way to spend a couple of hours. It would need much better distant scenery than TSW has because the close scenery would be water and not that interesting, and the approaching distant scenery would be a bigger feature than a train simulator needs. It would also be a bit too slow and boring for mass appeal and I’m not sure it would be commercially viable without a certain volume of sales.

• Like Like x 4
  4. TSW Nathan

Okay, thanks for your thoughts.
    If there is any Devs you know that could maybe make this then please let me know so I can reach out to them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There's supposed to be a new ship sim releasing this year: NAUTIS Home - Ship Simulator (vstepsimulation.com)

It looks promising, but has already been delayed by a few years. Made by the same company who made Ship Simulator Extremes, 2008 and 2006 (which were alright games, though a bit troublesome and lacked a stream of new content to keep you interested).

PC only so far, and I believe it will be subscription based (due to a niche audience, but that somewhat detracts from the appeal IMO).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ubisoft made the silent hunter series.

They would be capable of making a ferry sim I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TSW Nathan

Ok, thanks

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Why not make a German route that can integrate with Train Sim World like Puttgarden Rodby Denmark pre-2019? That way once your shift at the ferry has ended you can drive a train out of the Train Ferry. Excellent Idea

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Nice one Woodsy.
    At least the train ferry allowed you to stretch your legs after sitting on the plastic seat in the Bm232 coach, all the way from Hoek Van Holland on D231.

As for the OP, well funnily enough I started a thread earlier which suggested DTG look at sailing or maritime simulation, so why not a ferry game (would definitely need a save game for the longer crossings). I assume the Fishing World/Bassmaster games already feature some rudimentary water physics to give a start.

Holland-Skandinavien-Express.JPG

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

The Woodhead Line Class 77 NS Dutch Railways 1500 runs Hook of Holland to Bad Bentheim where a DB BR103/110 runs Bad Bentheim Hamburg Hbf DB BR218 Hamburg Lubeck Puttgarden where a DB BR363 shunts the coaches on the ferry. With in Ferry Sim World Train Ferries must play different than a Lorry Ferry because those are top Heavy I had to take this from Wikipedia for the risk. If the Train Ferry has a deck for the lorries then you play them like a Ferry for Lorries and Coaches. In the case of Puttgarden Rødby when playing it in Ferry Sim World you must turn on the Brakes for Bm232 Existing Train Sim world Habbiins Zacns Roos-T due to the crossing being 18 km long.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

How many bugs will come that will take two years to fix if this game were to ever happen?

12. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It would work but I reckon you would of need Sea of thieves water tec. Incredible draw distance and scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TSW Nathan

Interesting. Do you have one in mind?

14. TSW Nathan

Like the idea of that. Could come as a base route or even a future Dlc

15. driverwoods#1787

Sure that can be called Land and Sea Puttgarden Rodby

• Like Like x 1
  16. TSW Nathan