Route Dlc Genie

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jedi247, Jul 15, 2022.

1. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Going off of simontreanor81's recent post about the Route DLC Genie, I want to know which 3 routes you would pick. Here are my top 3. Make sure you include route facts, 2-3 possible locos, rolling stock, locations on route, and time period.

Here are my 3 route wishes:

1. BNSF Cajon Pass: Barstow-San Bernardino

-Route length:
    82 miles

-Time Period:
    Modern (2015-present)

-Route features:

-Desert scenery
    -Barstow Yard and Amtrak station
    -Victorville/Oro Grande cement plants and Amtrak station at Victorville
    -Mormon Rocks and Sullivan's Curve
    -Verdemont grain silos
    -San Bernardino Yard, Amtrak station, and intermodal facility

-Locos I want included with base route:
    -BNSF GEVO (ET44C4, ES44AC, ES44DC, or ES44C4)
    -BNSF GP60 (either a Spartan-Cab GP60 or GP60M-3)
    -Amtrak P42DC Genesis

-Rolling Stock:
    -Intermodal well cars
    -Coal gondolas
    -30K Gal Tank Cars
    -Grain hoppers
    -Autoracks
    -Modern box cars
    -Modern reefers
    -Southwest Chief Amtrak Superliner consist

2. Western Pacific Feather River Canyon (Oroville-Quincy):

-Route Length: 70+ miles

-Time Period:
    1960s-70s

-Route Features:

-Keddie Wye
    -Oroville
    -Quincy
    -1% ruling grades
    -Include part of the inside gateway (GN/BN tracks)
    -Include Quincy RR tracks

-WP U30B (in both orange/silver and green/orange liveries)
    -WP GP20, GP35, or GP40/GP40-2 (in both liveries)
    -WP FP7/F7B (in orange/silver livery)

-Rolling Stock:
    -California Zephyr passenger consist with full interiors in all passenger cars
    -Several freight car types
    -WP bay-window caboose with full interior

3. Florida Brightline/FEC: Miami-West Palm Beach:

-Route Length: 70 miles

-Time Period: Modern (2018-present day)

-Route Features:
    -Stations at Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and WPB
    -Florida scenery
    -Freight and passenger services
    -Max 79mph speeds
    -Yard operations

-Florida East Coast (FEC) ES44C4 w/ LNG fuel car
    -FEC GP40-2/GP40-3
    -Brightline Siemens SCB40 Charger (used in pairs on either end of train)

-Rolling Stock:
    -Hopper cars for rock trains
    -Intermodal well cars
    -Intermodal flat cars
    -Other freight equipment
    -Brightline Siemens Venture Passenger Cars

• Like Like x 1
  2. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

These sort of tie into my Loco wishes.

1. The WCML, Euston to... as far as FTG will go. Ideally Birmingham. Set in the 90s.

The UK's main line, with Intercity, semi-fast, suburban and freight services. So many different types of services, such variety of traffic and with the best trains possible.

Rolling stock:
    Class 87+Mk3+DVT
    Class 86/90+Mk2 ACs
    Class 321
    Class 323 (or older units, eg 310)

Reusable/adaptable:
    Class 313 with pantograph
    Class 47
    Bakerloo line stock
    UK freight wagons
    Class 08

2. Cologne to Koblenz, via both sides of the Rhine.

Scenic route, very busy with IC, regional, freight and S-Bahn services. Until 2000 it was a massively busy trunk route, with 4 long distance trains per hour - not so much now, but it's still a key route.

Rolling stock:
    DB ICE1
    also ICE 2/ICE-T
    DB 110 + n-Wagen
    DB 103

Reusable/adaptable:
    Any German stock, to varying extents.

3. Zurich to Chur

A scenic route, following a couple of lakes, with domestic IC services plus expresses from both Germany and Austria. Regional trains too and a decent amount of freight.

Rolling stock:
    SBB 420
    SBB EC coaches
    SBB 460 + EW4
    SBB 512
    SBB Kolibri
    SBB 450
    OEBB 1116/Railjet

Re-usable:

German freight wagons, SBB 523

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

These are my choices for the DLC Genie
    Germany-Netherlands
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht
    Length 156 km broken down as 99km Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem 57 km Arnhem Utrecht. The main line between Amsterdam and the Ruhr Region of Germany.
    This is called HDU Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht. By taking the end points of Duisburg Hbf and Utrecht CS

Rolling Stock
    DB BR408
    DB BR189
    DB BR1429 Tri Voltage RE19
    NS BR193
    NS Dutch Railways VIRM
    DLC NS Dutch Railways SNG
    Unique Feature
    Introduces the Netherlands
    Requires special Crossborder stock to be equipped with 15kv & 25kv AC 1.5kv DC. Train Protection Systems PZB LZB Sifa ATB EG NG ETCS. Dutch Single Voltage Trains for Utrecht Arnhem. Brings the heaviest trains in Germany the DB BR189 C-AKv Couplers equipped 6 metric tons weight loaded 6.6 US Tons. Can layer to RSN for Oege Steel Works Falnqqs 130 to Werdohl Elverlingsen.
    At Mulheim an der Ruhr Styrum S3 from Oberhausen Hbf will follow a Zevenaar to Bochum Ehrenfeld freight trains in both Direction. While at Duisburg Hbf you start and end ICE DB BR406 & 408 services to Utrecht Centraal via Oberhausen and Arnhem. Basically making HRR busy
    Layered Trains
    185.5 185.2 Duisburg to Zevenaar
    146.2 143 112 Duisburg to Emmerich am Rhein RE5 services
    Whole Route DB BR406 from SKA 363 RSN Riesa Dresden Chemnitz since they are the Netherlands capable versions DB BR232 Ruhr Sieg Nord if it has ETCS ATB EG NG switches equipped
    Pre-2016 timetable Dutch locomotives can run to Emmerich and wait for German DLC Railtour trains to take over
    Locations Duisburg Hbf Startpoint is shared with HRR Oberhausen Hbf allows HRR S3 trips to start and end there Zevenaar Voltage change 1.5kv DC to 25kv AC Emmerich Am Rhein 15kv AC to 25kv AC. Arhnem CS and Utrecht CS Major Dutch Stations.

UK
    Calder Valley Line
    Length 50 mi (80 km). The True Northern Trans Pennine has a dead-end station at Bradford. LInks to the existing NTP the Huddersfield Line at Newton Heath and the Halifax to Leeds Area.
    Major locations Halifax Bradford Summit Tunnel Leeds City Newton Heath TMD
    Rolling Stock
    Class 170
    Class 195
    Class 158
    DLC
    Class 150/2 Modernized
    Class 155
    Layered Trains Class 66 Manchester Victoria to Halifax
    Railtours Class 101
    US
    NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line
    58 miles High Bridge to NY Penn via Bound Brook Raritan Roselle Park Newark Penn.
    Major Locations Raritan and High Bridge Line Terminus Roselle Park & Bound Brook this is where Raritan Valley Line meets CSX and Norfolk Southern Freight Trains Secaucus Junction Transfer Point from NJ Transit electric Lines and Newark Division Routes to Hoboken Division Port Jervis Bergen Main & Pascack Valley Lines
    Unique Feature
    Off Peak Trips to and From NY Penn Station from High Bridge and Raritan must change mode at Newark Penn Station. Selected Trains end at Raritan Station. 22:48 NY Penn to High Bridge plays like the 23:30 Meissen to Dresden Hbf due to it past Midnight.
    Rolling Stock
    ALP-45DP Comet IV-V MLV I & II
    PL42AC Comes with Comet IV-V
    DLC
    F40PH Comet I-II includes Comet IB II
    MLV III no power car or with power car Newark to NY Penn section
    Layered Trains
    ACS-64 & Rush Hour Train Pack Acela Express NY Penn to Newark
    AC4400CW UP Sherman Hill CSX Sand Patch Grade
    ES44AC Norfolk Southern Horseshoe Curve
    SD70ACE Sherman Hill UP
    Freight services from Bound Brook Roselle Park to Union
    All are Present Day

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Mine also tie in with my loco genie suggestions and I have tried to keep the amount of new stock down but every one of the routes does have alot of potential for more dlc:
    1. ECML Peterborough to York 102 miles(or more realistically to Doncaster 75 miles) in late 70s-very early 80s
    New stock:
    BR Class 55 Deltic with mk2 AC coaches
    BR Class 43 HST set with mk3s BR
    BR Class 37/1 with mk1s

Reused stock:
    BR class 47
    BR class 45
    BR class 31
    BR class 08
    BR class 40
    Mk 2 stock from NTP
    BR freight wagons

2. East Lincolnshire mainline from Boston to Grimsby including the Skeggy branch which together would be about 58 miles and be set in early Br era from around 48 to 52 at the very latest.
    New stock:
    LNER Class V2
    LNER Class B1
    LNER teak coaches
    Fish vans
    Reused stock:
    Freight wagons from LPC

3. Great Central Mainline Rugby to Nottingham which is approximately 40 miles and would be set in late 50s or early 60s:
    New stock:
    LNER V2
    BR Standard 9f
    LMS Class 5 ( Black 5)
    LNER B1

Reused stock:
    LMS Class 8f
    LMS Jubilee
    BR mk 1 rolling stock
    BR LPC freight wagons

If I have been stupid enough to let a loco slip from my mind please let me know as this info has come from my memory which most likely has some gaps in it.

5. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

1. Musashino Line
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/musashino-line.45844/

Connecting: Tsurumi - Nishi-Funabashi
    Era: Current
    Distance: 72 km (45 mi)
    Rolling stock: 209-500, E231-0, E231-900 series (passenger), EF64, EF65, EF66, EF81, EF200, EF210, EH200, EH500 series (freight), DE10, HD300 series (shunting)
    Why: Diverse mix of urban+suburban areas, diverse rolling stock, passenger+freight services, expansion of TSW beyond the stale cycle of the Holy Trinity

2. Tauernbahn
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tauernbahn.26282/

Connecting: Schwarzach-Sankt Veit - Spittal an der Drau
    Distance: 80 km (49 mi)
    Rolling stock: ÖBB 1116, ÖBB 1293, ÖBB 1144 (passenger/freight), ÖBB 1216, ÖBB 4746 (passenger)
    Why: Amazing scenery, gradients, rich history, some of the best modern rolling stock, expansion of TSW beyond the stale cycle of the Holy Trinity

3. Flåmsbana
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/norway-the-flåm-railway.26945/

Connecting: Myrdal - Flåm
    Distance: 20 km (12 mi)
    Rolling stock: EL 18 loco+B3 carriages (passenger)
    Why: Amazing scenery, gradients, sharp curves, rich history, expansion of TSW beyond the stale cycle of the Holy Trinity

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

what about MBta commuter rail south station Worcester/Framingham line with the Hsp46 locomotive and the bilevel coach’s or north station line Haverhill line or Lowell line.

7. driverwoods#1787

I cannot fit that in here because it would be over the 3 route limits.

8. driverwoods#1787

1293 1216 Belong on Riesa-Dresden as a Bad Schandau Röderau Freight via Coswig or Avoiding Line. 1116 HRR HMA Eurocity Köln Aachen Nightjet leaves Köln Hbf at 06:58 Arrival Aachen 07:47.

9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

1. - West Coastway
    My suggestion is for the route to focus between Brighton and Portsmouth Harbour with the one-station branches to Littlehampton and Bognor Regis included.

Length:

Approximately 50 miles with the above combined.

Rolling Stock
    - Class 313: With the 313 being one of my favourite locos, I personally think the 313 needs a new route, namely the West Coastway – one of two routes it runs out of Brighton along with the East Coastway. I’ve played ECW too much and the drive to Lewes and Seaford gets a bit repetitive after all these years.
    IMG_20210529_105613.jpg
    Class 313 at Brighton.

- Class 377: The bulk of standard services consist of the /1s and /4s

DLC Layers

- GWR Class 166 which could operate as AI out of Portsmouth, plus the limited service to Brighton (as seen on London Commuter as AI)
    IMG_20211106_120305.jpg
    Seen here is actually a Class 165 alongside a 377.

- South Western – with Clapham Junction now in TSW 2, could this be a stepping stone for a new South Western route? If so, would add a majority of traffic around the Portsmouth area on WCW.

- Thameslink Class 700: Operates limited services to Littlehampton.

Stations on the route (not showing service patters/routes, just what there is):

Brighton, Hove, Aldrington, Portslade, Fishersgate, Southwick, Shoreham-By-Sea, Lancing, East Worthing, Worthing, West Worthing, Durrington-on-Sea, Goring-By-Sea, Angmering, Littlehampton, Ford, Barnham, Bognor Regis, Chichester, Fishbourne, Bosham, Nutbourne, Southbourne, Emsworth, Warblington, Havant, Bedhampton, Hilsea, Fratton, Portsmouth & Southsea and Portsmouth Harbour.

Service Pattern:

The WCW would have a wide array of services – long and short – to keep the route fresh, with an added bonus of additional ones coming from the Arun Valley Line and Brighton Mainline. This would make the route the most busiest around the junction at Ford station.

These comprise different stopping patterns which the player could drive to/from:

Brighton-Hove Shuttle

Brighton-West Worthing

Brighton-Littlehampton

Brighton-Portsmouth Harbour and/or Portsmouth & Southsea

Brighton-Southampton Central (driveable to/from Havant)

Littlehampton-London Victoria (drivable to/from Hove; originating to/from BML)

Littlehampton-Bognor Regis Shuttle

Littlehampton-Portsmouth

Bognor Regis-London Victoria (driveable to/from Ford; originating via Arun Valley Line, you'd drive this 4/8-car service)

Portsmouth-London Victoria (driveable to/from Barnham; in real life this 4-car service eventually joins up with the 4/8-car service from Bognor Regis (see above) at Horsham – located on the Arun Valley Line – once-an-hour before continuing to Victoria)

Southampton Central-London Victoria (driveable between Havant-Barnham; this 4-car service eventually joins with the Bognor-originating service at Horsham similar to above, once-an-hour)

Final Comments:

It fits nicely with London Commuter as you’d be able to drive London Victoria to Bognor Regis, Portsmouth and Southampton services as far as Three Bridges, then with the WCW route, you could then pick up the same services after they have traversed the Arun Valley Line (see below).

2. - Arun Valley Line

My next suggestion is for the Arun Valley Line. I believe this would complement existing Southern routes already available in TSW 2, plus using both existing and potential new DLC opportunities, would add to a really immersive network. Plus, it’s a relatively busy route with stunning scenery.
    IMG_20211109_133253.jpg
    Seen from a pedestrian footbridge south of Horsham, this Class 377 heads northbound to London Victoria and will eventually attach to another service before continuing on its journey.

One end of the route would start at Three Bridges (on the Brighton Mainline, and part of the London Commuter route), while the other end has multiple end points, which comprise either Bognor Regis, Barnham or Littlehampton (while these are technically on the West Coastway Line, they make a logical endpoint just shortly down the line; I’ll explain why below).

Length = 37 miles (60km)increases to 39 miles if the branch to Littlehampton is included.

Thus, the Arun Valley provides a link in between for services to/from London (Brighton Mainline) to the South Coast of England (joining onto the West Coastway).

Stations

- Three Bridges (technically on Brighton Mainline before immediately diverging to form the Arun Valley Line)

- Crawley

- Ifield

- Faygate

- Littlehaven

- Horsham (an important station of the route where trains divide, terminate and are stabled in sidings)

- Christ's Hospital

- Billingshurst

- Pulborough
    IMG_20211127_121447.jpg
    Pictured at a picturesque Pulborough Station, this sees trains stop every half-hour in both directions from Bognor-originating services – fast services to/from Portsmouth and/or Southampton pass though at high-speed – also at every 30-minute intervals.

- Amberley

- Arundel

- Ford (from here and listed onwards below, these are technically West Coastway Line stations as the Arun Valley Line has now converged onto it)

- Barnham (player-operated services would start/end here for services from/to Portsmouth or Southampton)

- Bognor Regis (a one station branch line that is the terminus for Bognor Regis-bound services)

- Littlehampton (a one-station branch line that turns off near Ford; while no Arun Valley Line services go here, it provides a nice little opportunity for bonus services using the Class 313 DLC, especially on the shuttle to Bognor Regis – see detail below)

Rolling Stock:

- Southern Class 377: The bulk of standard services consist of the /1s and /4s - these operate as 4-, 8- and 12-car formations to/from London to the South Coast.

- Southern Class 313: – DLC opportunity for those who own it to be used on the short West Coastway shuttle services from Bognor to both Barnham and Littlehampton – plus any relevant AI traffic on the West Coastway to/from Brighton.

- Thameslink Class 700: - These would be driveable between Three Bridges and Horsham (plus on London Commuter too).

- Southern Class 455: If ever released as a DLC for London Commuter, this could be used as both AI traffic at Horsham, along with depot moves here.

- British Rail MPV (Multiple-purpose vehicle) – Based at Horsham, used for track cleaning and provides some interesting drives to anything we’ve ever seen before on TSW 2.

- Any BR Blue rolling stock: Can be used for rail tours.

- Class 66: Any maintenance or related moves.

Player-driveable Service Patterns

Southern

- London Victoria to Portsmouth and Bognor Regis (driveable between Three Bridges and Barnham – splits/attaches at Horsham) – Operated by Southern Class 377/1s and 4s

- London Victoria to Southampton and Bognor Regis (driveable between Three Bridges and Barnham – splits/attaches at Horsham) – Operated by Southern Class 377/1s and /4s

These two sets of services above split (southbound) and attach (northbound) at Horsham depending on the direction.

Typically, throughout the day, Victoria to Portsmouth and Victoria to Southampton and vice versa each run hourly, thus there are two trains an hour when both are running. In general, each of these services typically has a portion of the train that heads to Bognor Regis (hence why the divide and attachment takes place at Horsham).

These trains normally consist of 8- or 12-car formations. As a whole, they generally call at just Crawley before going fast to Horsham. Then, the front 4 coaches, once split at Horsham, will run fast along the rest of the Arun Valley Line before making their first stop at Barnham and eventually continuing on to either Portsmouth or Southampton.

Meanwhile, the remainder portion of the split train at Horsham (consisting of either 4 or 8 coaches), calls at all stations on the route i.e. from Christ’s Hospital until Bognor.

Thus, this gives variation to the Southern services which would be available thanks to a mix of fast or slow stopping patterns. The same patterns as described above occur for services heading to London Victoria, except the trains attach at Horsham. The slower, stopping service originating from Bognor will call at all stations on the Arun Valley Line first, meanwhile the fast portion from Portsmouth or Southampton eventually catches up and joins to the rear at Horsham just mere minutes later by the time its gets to there – thus you have your 8- or 12-coach service to London Victoria.

Bognor Regis to Barnham (fully driveable) – Operated by Southern Class 313s

- Bognor Regis to Littlehampton (fully driveable) – Operated by Southern Class 313s

Okay, just to be clear, these are not on the Arun Valley Line, but on the West Coastway. These very short services (around 10 and 20 minutes respectively in duration), offer a real decent opportunity for those who own the Class 313 DLC to have these as extras. With Bognor a key destination for Arun Valley services, it’s logical for these to be included to increase playability and interest.

Thameslink

- Horsham to Peterborough (driveable between Horsham and Three Bridges) – Operated by 12-coach Thameslink Class 700s

While these services will generally be quite short (around 20 minutes), they add a lot of variation. For example, they operate a stopping service to all stations between Three Bridges and Horsham (although Faygate is served mainly during peak times).

Depot Moves

- Horsham: This station features both a large yard and sidings which provide many depot and empty stock moves for both Southern and Thameslink rolling stock.

- Three Bridges: Home to one of the Thameslink depots, plenty of related moves here, plus several Southern Class 377s are stabled around the station in sidings.

Miscellaneous Moves

- Network Rail has several British Rail MPVs (Multiple-purpose vehicle) based in the yards at Horsham. These diesels are used for track cleaning and can provide interesting moves up and down the entirety of the Arun Valley Line, plus as a DLC on other UK routes.

- Rail Tours: A plethora of existing BR Blue diesels will be suited to such services in the picturesque setting of the South Downs. In real-life, the Pullman Train passes through the Arun Valley Line occasionally (I last saw one in person pass through Pulborough Station in late-November 2021 from London to the South Coast.)

AI Traffic Service Patterns Only

To provide a more realistic setting, several of the stations along the route would see AI traffic. These comprise:

- Horsham: Southern Metro services that originate from London Victoria via Dorking terminate here. In real-life, these are operated mostly by 377/6s and /7s, although the Class 455 makes a rarer appearance (I saw one there in late-November 2021). These services, which can in-game be operated by Class 377/1s and 4s as per London Commuter – unless any of the former are created at some point, they may generate depot moves to sidings around Horsham.

- Three Bridges: Southern 377s, GX 387s and Thameslink Class 700s would provide as AI traffic on the Brighton Mainline – also providing depot moves (explained in previous section).

- Ford/Barnham/Littlehampton: These stations would all see AI traffic traversing the West Coastway Line from Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton etc (just to add, Littlehampton has its own London Victoria service, although operates via the West Coastway – what you eventually see on London Commuter)

Places of Interest:

The scenery set in the South East of England features some of the most stunning countryside views in the UK thanks, in particular, to the South Downs (a series of rolling Chalk Hills).

The most prominent landmark on the Arun Valley Line is Arundel Castle. It can be clearly seen from the line and provides a nice backdrop to admire as you drive past.

3. - East Coast Mainline South

My third and final suggestion would be ECML South from Peterborough to Kings Cross and/or St Pancras. Sorry, this is not as detailed as the above two routes, but rolling stock would include Class 700, 717, 387 etc.

For Thameslink services, they link to the Brighton Mainline (London Commuter) with services from Horsham (starting from the Arun Valley Line - see above) to Peterborough as well as from Brighton to Cambridge (which go as far as Hitchin on the ECML before diverging towards Cambridge).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

Excellent Idea for AVL and WCW. These should be modular meaning you can drive the whole Trip to Bognor Regis Portsmouth Littlehampton from BML if merged

• Like Like x 1
  11. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

1. Waterloo - Southampton Central
    Distance: 69 Miles/ 112km
    Journey time: 1hr 2mins
    Rolling Stock: Class 444
    Class 450
    Class 455
    Class 158/159

2. Heuston - Portlaoise
    Distance : 97km/ 60miles
    Journey time: 50 mins
    Stations: 11
    Heuston (all)
    Park West cherry Orchard (ICR)
    Clondalkin Fonthill (ICR)
    Adamstown (ICR)
    Hazelhatch Celbridge (ICR)
    Sallins & Naas (ICR)
    Newbridge (ICR)
    Kildare (All trains)
    Monasterevin (ICR)
    Portarlington (ICR)
    Portlaoise (All trains)

Rolling stock: Mark 4 + 201 Loco
    Class 22000 ICR
    071 Loco For Frieght
    [​IMG]
    Class 22000 “ICR”[​IMG]
    Mark 4 + 201 Loco[​IMG]
    Claass 071 Locomotive

3. Dublin Connolly to Dundalk+ Howth Branch
    Distance : 73km/45Miles
    Journey time: Direct: 55Mins/Stopper:95min
    Stations: 19
    Connolly (All trains)
    Clontarf Road (Dart)
    Killester (Dart)
    Harmonstown (Dart)
    Raheny (Dart)
    Kilbarrack (Dart)
    Howth Junction and Donaghmede(Dart, Commuter, ICR)
    (Howth Branch)
    Bayside (Dart)
    Sutton (Dart)
    Howth (Dart)
    (Back onto Mainline)
    Clongrifin (Commuter, ICR)
    Portmarnock (Commuter, ICR)
    Malahide (Commuter, ICR)
    Donabate (Commuter, ICR)
    Rush and Lusk (Commuter, ICR)
    Skerries (Commuter, ICR)
    Balbriggan (Commuter, ICR)
    Gormanstown (Commuter, ICR)
    Laytown (Commuter, ICR)
    Drogheda (Enterprise, Commuter, ICR)
    Dundalk (Enterprise, Commuter, ICR)

Rolling stock: Mark 4 Enterprise + 201 loco
    Class 29000 “Commuter”
    Class 8100 “Dart”
    Class 8500 “Dart”
    Class 22000 “ICR”
    [​IMG]
    8600 “Dart
    [​IMG]
    8100 “Dart”
    [​IMG]
    Class 29000 “Commuter”
    [​IMG]
    Mark 4 Enterprise + 201 Loco
    [​IMG]
    Class 22000 “ICR” (DLC add On)

Services :
    (Drogheda/Dundalk Service)
    Connolly - Dundalk
    Dundalk - Connolly
    Pearse(Connolly)- Drogheda
    Drogheda - Pearse(Connolly)
    Connolly - Drogheda
    Drogheda - Connolly
    Pearse(Connolly) - Newry(Dundalk)
    Newry(Dundalk) - Pearse(Connolly)

(Enterprise)
    Connolly to Belfast (Drogheda Only)
    Belfast to Connolly (Drogheda Only)

(Dart)
    Malahide - Bray(Connolly)
    Bray(Connolly) - Malahide
    Howth - Greystones(Connolly)
    Greystones(Connolly) - Howth

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

1) Aalborg to Aarhus (including Aalborg Airport branch and Aalborg Østhavn freight branch)

Route length:
    about 115km or 70miles

Time Period: Modern (2020-present)

Route features:
    • Non-electrified route
    • Travels through the largest forest in Denmark
    • New signalling system
    • Beautiful scenery and views of the countryside
    • Nice mixture of Freight and Passenger
    Rollingstock or locos:
    • DSB IC3 (passenger services between Aalborg and Aarhus)
    • Nordjysk Jernbane Siemens Diesiro (local stoppers between Aalborg and Skørping)
    • DB/DSB Class MZ (freight)
    • Habbins freight wagon
    DLC available:
    • Ex-DSB Class MY (freight)
    • DSB IC4 (passenger between Aalborg and Aarhus)
    Services:
    • Aalborg to Aarhus (DSB IC3/IC4)
    • Aalborg to Skørping (NJ Siemens Diesero)
    • Aalborg Lufthavn to Aalborg (NJ Siemens Diesero)
    • Aalborg Lufthavn to Aarhus (express (DSB IC3/IC4))
    • Aarhus to Aalborg Østhavn (DB/DSB Class MZ/ex-DSB Class MY)

2) East Cornish Local - Plymouth to St Austell (including Fowey branch and Looe Valley Line)
    Route length: roughly 40 to 50 miles

Period: 2015 to present

Route features:
    • Royal Albert bridge
    • Beautiful 19th century architecture including viaducts and station buildings
    • Stunning scenic Branch line to Looe and similarly to Fowey.
    • Freight services commonly linked to Cornwall
    • Completes the Cornish Mainline on TSW2
    Rollingstock:
    • GWR Class 800 (passenger)
    • GWR Class 150 (local passenger)
    • DB Class 66 (freight)
    • CDA China Clay wagon
    Additional services:
    • GWR HST from GWE
    • PCA wagons from Class 31 pack for Moorswater freight services
    • Jubilee from SOS with MK1s for a railtour
    DLC:
    • GWR Class 158
    • Cross Country HST
    • Cross Country Class 221
    • GWR Class 57 with Mk3 Sleepers and Day coaches
    Services:
    • Plymouth to St Austell (GWR Class 800/GWR HST)
    • Plymouth to St Austell (Local (GWR Class 150))
    • Liskeard to Looe (GWR Class 150)
    • Plymouth to Par (GWR Class 800/GWR HST)
    • Plymouth to Par (local (GWR Class 150))
    • St Blazey to Fowey (DB/EWS Class 66)
    • Moorswater to Plymouth (DB/EWS Class 66)
    • Plymouth to St Austell (Jubillee)
    • Plymouth to St Austell (Class 57 Sleeper)
    • Par to Plymouth (GWR Summer service (Class 57))
    • Plymouth to St Austell (Cross Country Class 221/Cross Country HST)
    3) Extension of BML from Keymer Junction to Lewes
    Route length: 8 miles

not much to say about this, except that it would allow for a proper terminus for the Eastbourne and Ore services plus it would complete the triangle between Lewes, Brighton and Haywards Heath.

(bit if an anticlimax) :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

Do you mean merging BML with ECW? That means the Wivelsfield connector line. On Eastcoastway you have 2C96 London Victoria to Seaford which turns out to be the Front section of 1F96 London Victoria to Ore which was the rear 4 carriages. Joe told me about 2C96 being the same train as 1F96 on BML.

14. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

My 3 choices?

well i got some and i even made suggestions for them before,
    1. East Coast Mainline: Newcastle - York 1980s:
    Deltics, HSTs and Class 105s, this route would make a Perfect remake of the Classic Route from TSC, 73 Miles of English country side and some 80s High speed trains would be awesome, as i said we got the Deltics Classic workhorses of this Route, but also HSTs making a return, along with some new Class 105s for the Commuter side of things, this route would also have Plenty of Layering opportunities with Both NTP and TVL,

2. Calder Valley Line 1980s:
    Sticking to the 80s British Topic is This line, Running between Manchester Victoria and Leeds Although dont confuse it for NTP it is in Fact the most Northern Trans Pennine route, When i made a Suggestion for this i have suggested including a Class 110 a First gen British DMU Common on this line at the time and a Class 40 with Split Headcode Boxes, also with some Coal wagons mostly because of the Coal services along this line, you may have guessed it but this line would be a Perfect Sister Route to NTP With so many Layering Opportunities,

3. CSX Keystone Subdivision: Rockwood - Connellsville: a Potential Sister Route to Sand Patch this route is Meant to expand upon CSX’s Roster with some New Locos and a new route to use them on, the Locos i selected when making this Suggestion was an SD70MAC a SD50-2 and a GP39-2 although similar to the SPG’s Locos its really meant to add Veriety, and yes it should Totally layer with SPG

and those are my 3 Choices for routes i wish that one day they would come to the Game.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1