Tsw3 Out This Summer - Leaked In Last Night's Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Jul 6, 2022.

1. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

How would I see a shortage, since I see them everywhere? To me they are available everywhere I go. So thats why I question this shortage thing.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Out of interest, I’ve just looked at availability in the UK. I could if I wanted get a Series X delivered tomorrow or pre-order a PS5 for delivery next month. I don’t need to because I bought a PS5 at a time when people needed to put a lot more effort into getting one than that. And predictions are that it is only going to get easier. I know that might not be the exact case all over the world but there is a difference now to when I got my PS5 almost a year ago.

People can bang the availability drum all they like but if DTG see what I can see they won’t use the availability as a reason to prolong gen 8 development for much longer, as it becomes less of an issue, and the knowledge that they can’t wait until everybody has one before discontinuing gen 8 development is obvious. Developing and testing for both is expensive and as soon as DTG can cut that extra cost they will as the future is safe with gen 9. Players not being able to afford an upgrade will not weigh heavily in considerations by DTG as it is simply not their major concern. Players have already upgraded, are upgrading now, and more will follow in the near future, and more will sooner if they have to. The balance is quickly tipping in the favour of gen 9 only development.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Exactly, if TSW3 were gen9/PC only, current gen 8 owners would be more likely to upgrade sooner rather than later.

4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I have had a look this morning and in the UK potentially you could get a PS5 disc based unit bundled with a game you don't want for under £600 but I want the digital edition and also don't want to pay for a game I don't need lol.

I think the supply issues may be easing slightly, but only if you want to pay a premium price, as retailers are using the shortage to get as much money as they can with the bundles. I will just have to hold on until the digital versions are more readily available, + when I actually have the cash again.

I do think that TSW3 will be GEN9/PC only as it is the only feasible point that DTG could realistically drop GEN8, its just a case of when will they release the 'official' news, this year or next, of course this is just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Stil you fail to see that others can't get their hands on one. You are commenting on people who indicate there is a shortage. Using your way of thinking I should doubt that you own a PS5 because I can't get hold of one so you couldn't have either. I don't see no PS5's in stores so in the entire world there shouldn't be no shop that has them.

Try looking at the world on a global scale sometimes?

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Think people are getting confused over this (frankly ridiculous) argument.

Originally it was availability & not cost, but now we have established availability, it’s cost?

I don’t think anyone with a lack of disposable income is really in much of a place to make any substantial purchases, and even so it’s not really DTG’s concern.

• Like Like x 1
  7. photonmonkey

For me it was the lack of availability and the increased cost of purchasing from scalpers.

At the moment the Digital Editions of the console are still hard to come by so there are still availability issues of the version I am 'prepared' to pay for. I (personally) never intended on spending over £500 on a console.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

None of the gen 9 consoles are over £500 (RRP), just had a quick google and you can pick up the horizon bundle either digital or disc for £409 or £499.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  9. photonmonkey

Would be interesting to see where this is from, not that I don't believe you :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Argos or Currys, also ShopTo have had a few restocks the past few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. photonmonkey

I checked Argos but it was again bundled disk drive versions for over £500, still at least it is improving.

12. antwerpcentral

and where can I find those in the city of Antwerp? I always find this very funny in topics about availability of PS5's how names of shops are being brought up no one else outside the UK or US has ever heard of. No restocks for PS5's every week in Belgium.

The most important game shop in Belgium still says on their website "don't ask us when the PS5 is available because we don't know. Don't ask in our shops, don't call us or mail us because we don't know".

Maybe it's because we all comment in English that people from the UK assume there is always a Currys, Shopto or Walmart nearby

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

At what point did I reply to you and say “they’re in stock in Antwerp” ?

Calm down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. photonmonkey

Argos UK site now saying out of stock for all versions as far as I can see, so that was short lived :) and that is the problem, as soon as they are in stock they disappear within minutes anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Lol

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Actually, at this point what I see is Sony not supplying enough probably because they're earning more by selling elsewhere... If they're shipping successfully to the UK maybe they make more money here so are short changing you guys in Belgium

• Like Like x 1
  17. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

how did reporting me go? I’m still hear, you just don’t like my opinions and that’s on you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - namecalling isn't helpful]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread is rife with speculation, and that's all it is. Until anything is confirmed everyone is offering their best "I reckon". This is fine, but let's not make it personal, and sniping at each other will only lead to the thread being closed.

• Like Like x 9
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

And Sam is just sitting there stroking his deaf cat, laughing if they only knew mwhahaha.

When in reality... he does!! LOL.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

I've heard Matt say that they ant dropping the Gem 8 consoles anytime soon, as that is what most people are playing on. I can see it happening, when? Who knows! I think DTG would be stupid to cut the PS4 players off this year, then again nothing would surprise me anymore.

Oh well I shall sit back and wait an see what happens. Sounds like I may be buying an xbox earlier then thought,

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

That was in relation to TSW2... Nobody's said anything about TSW3 yet

• Like Like x 1
  23. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Why not just quash the rumours and speculation rather than letting things get to the point of shutting down the thread.

There's multiple threads across the forum speculating and all DTG can say is "play nice or we shut down the thread".

This is a problem you could remedy with one post!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

I would think that would be unwise. If it is the expected news that gen 8 will not be making it to tsw3 then the backlash is going to be huge.

Best keep quite, keep taking the dlc money for tsw2 for now...or at least that's how I would do it if I we're inside the tent

• Like Like x 4
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The rumours and speculation aren’t the issue threatening thread closure. It’s people taking snide digs at each other, which isn’t tolerated.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Gen8 support has to be discontinued at some point. People will quickly get over it like they did when Apple killed the floppy disk, headphone jack etc.

• Like Like x 4
  27. photonmonkey

Of course Gen8 will be discontinued 'fairly soon' but timing is everything IMO and no matter what some people say on here there 'is' still a PS5 shortage (the severity of which clearly depending on where you live) and Sony would not still be producing PS4's if this was not the case.

I just think if there is a TSW3 in development it would be foolish to cut off Gen8 users this year when DTG can still make a profit from further TSW2 DLC, maybe next year we will see it announced, there is still a hell of a lot to clean up in TSW2 and also Preservation Updates to be released.

• Like Like x 2
  28. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Some of our friends here tell us or hope, that DTG could make pressure on people to change to nextgen ẉith a TSW3 nextgen exclusive. That's so funny. Even the absolutely blockbuster game from Activision for this year will be for lastgen again. If anybody had that influence to force people to nextgen it would be Activision or another bestselling publisher. :)

• Like Like x 2
  29. bakedpotatos.jm

Both Jedi: Survivor and Forza Motorsports that come out in March 2023 are next-gen exclusives. So it's not as far off as people think. Or as quick as others believe either.

I figure 1 1/2 to 2 years and all the major developers will be making gen 9 exclusives.

And thats even 2 more years than we usually get during a generation switch.

• Like Like x 2
  30. antwerpcentral

Sure but the topic title says "this summer" you are already talking about next spring. You are also talking about companies who can afford to do a gen9 only release. In the case of Forza Motorsports it's even in the interest of Microsoft to have a gen9 only title to push hardware as Microsoft has no shortages in gen9 hardware anymore. The Series S is on shelves in stores (probably everywhere) and Series X can be ordered directly from Microsoft. Sony still has shortages so trying to push gen9 only titles is not in their best interest as it upsets users who can't get hold of a PS5.

• Like Like x 3
  31. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

I just want the day when PSVR2 is released and DTG suddenly announce TSW for VR. I can dream

• Like Like x 3
  32. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess some gen 9 users can't sympathize with some who can't get a gen 9 console for whatever reason. I guess if it's available in all my local stores then anyone can get it.

What a load of nonsense

• Like Like x 4
  33. ARuscoe

Sympathy for the common man went out with orange flares and brylon
    "Sod you Jack, I'm alright" is the new way

• Like Like x 3
  34. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Gee who knew mentioning an xbox only title would be relevant.

I guess F1 22 should've been a gen 9 exclusive then but I digress

• Like Like x 2
  35. docsnyder1911

It's a simple thing. Yes Sony sold 20 million PS5 (And a lot of them sleeping senceless in scalper hubs till some super smart desparate people buy that there:) ). On the other side there are 117 million PS4 in customer living rooms.

Question:

What will the mayority of software publishers will do?

Publishing games for 20 million customers instead of 100 millions? :)

• Like Like x 2
  36. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

I've made the decision, if DTG drop gen 8 then that shall be the end for me. I'm really not going to go and do everything all over again. I've supported this game from its release. I make a move to flight sim on xbox.

Anyway Ill sit back and wait and see what happenes.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Remember that a potential TSW3 could be playable on last-gen consoles through streaming, which is available on Xbox. I'm not sure about PS4 but I believe it has been done before (possibly with Hitman?)

• Like Like x 2
  38. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It could be just the name change like DTG did with Train simulator 2021 which is now Train simulator classic. As they have said that don't want to to tsw2020 move to tws2 again

• Like Like x 2
  39. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

The only reasons I can think to make TSW3 an entirely separate release would be to move the game away from gen8 or another major UE upgrade like TSW2020 to TSW2.

I believe that Microsoft/Sony policy is that a game released on gen 8 that has a gen 9 upgrade version is still counted as a gen 8 title and new content cannot be produced EXCLUSIVELY for the gen 9 variant as the product is still a gen 8 one by technicality.

So in order for DTG to move the game away from gen 8, they would need to rerelease TSW as a brand new title that is on gen 9 only, this would be a possible reason for a TSW3. Gen 8 would then be left with TSW2.

Of course, TSW3 could just be a name change to the game and you get an updated splash screen when you download the TSW3 route pack, ala Rush Hour.

Until DTG announce something though, we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  40. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Dovetail will have to drop gen 8 in the next 2 or so years though and people will have to get over it like they did. Take Windows XP for example. Many people who were using it at the time had computers that would run Vista+ very slowly or not at all. When microsoft killed it, partly due it the fact that it was ageing and very old, people eventually got over it. In our case, Windows XP is our last gen console and Vista is TSW2, 3, 60, whatever. It struggles to run and has severe lag problems. PS5s, Xbox Series X/S, and PC are going to overtake last gen in user share soon, and TSW2 is already heavily limited on last gen, such as lack of Munich and Brighton layers, no GWE Greenford services, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  41. docsnyder1911

I think the discussion is in a circle. Both sides repeat their opinions multiple times. Nothing really new. :)

• Like Like x 5
  42. sloth#6387

sloth#6387 New Member

I think we're about a year away from TSW3. I believe summer 2023 is when we'll get it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

One indisputable fact we do know - DTG will never drop support for gen 8….. on TSW2, and any DLC purchased will still work on it.
    Of TSW3, we know nothing at this point. Worst case scenario, gen 8 will still be able to play TSW2, and TSW3 can be bought further down the line once the necessary hardware is procured (whenever that may be).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Next week we get to find out the fate of the ps4.

Queue Terminator 2 music....

Bada baba baba baba