Yet Another Tsw3 Leak

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MrSouthernDriver, Jul 29, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

spotted on the livery designer stream, look at the chrome bookmarks...

i got a feeling at this point DTG arent even hiding it. i think they might be leaking TSW3 deliberately for us.

anyway. its nice to know they are making a new UI for TSW3

• Like Like x 7
  2. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

They've got to be doing deliberately now, as "accidentally" showing something 3 times doesn't seem all that likely.

• Like Like x 4
  3. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed they drop old gen with tsw3

• Like Like x 18
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think these are intentional now as if JD had cocked up they'd have been some excrement hitting the fan about the ramification's of future leaks.
    I anticipate on the next stream they'll probAbly cut to Matt and Sam playing tsw3 and pretend it's fake :D:D

• Like Like x 6
  5. 5cip

5cip Active Member

something will be released what must be a game changer im sure and hope so too.
    for me a full working EBula and station announcement + upgrade to UE5 would be the ultimate burnerrrr !

• Like Like x 2
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Then you would have wait at least 5 years. Dtg said they are not going to do ue5 until after it's used by many developers lol. There's a lot of work required for ue5. Realistically speaking

7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

If and only if everyone has a next gen console lol and all the next gen console issues get fixed

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Ok but what’s so exciting about seeing it say TSW3? Doesn’t reveal anything. Just have some patience and wait for an official announcement where we actually get info about it.

9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

And make 70% of the TSW console playerbase not be able to play it anymore? Just because you have a gen 9 console, doesn’t mean everyone else has one. Most people I talk to have a gen 8. It’s not happening

• Like Like x 6
  10. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Where did you come up with that number. I remember them saying those numbers over a year ago or so.

And I remember Sam saying in a Let's play stream early in the year that it was closer to 50%.

No developer will wait for 100% to have the next gen. They don't care like that if they did then Microsoft would not have stopped production on all Xbox One consoles back in January.

Just thinking that way is foolish.

If they are willing to actually change the name to TSW 3 there must be a big change coming. Or else they would of called it TSW 2 Blah Blah Blah. Like they did last year TSW 2 Rush Hour.

It was called TSW when it came out. After minor changes they changed it to TSW 2020. When that changed to TSW 2 there was a big change in particular the physics were greatly improved and the game overall got a big upgrade.

So with that being said I agree that they won't be switching to UE5 and I think that is the point they will switch off the gen 8 consoles.

So possibly Dynamic weather, with lightning and arcs. And improved lighting by using ray-tracing, however the later won't be able to be on 8th gen.

8th gen users have to realize that TSW 2 has pretty much maxed out their consoles ability and there is no way they can continue to add very much in way of new features for it.

But I could be wrong and it could be the end of 8th gen. Its got to start somewhere and MSFS gave up on 8th gen already.

Also they did say they weren't planning on stopping support for TSW 2. But they never said anything about beyond that title. Maybe TSW 3 is going to be a PC and 9th gen upgrade and they will continue to release the same routes for both just one with TSW 2 features for 8th gen and one for 9th gen with TSW 3 features.

They already are kinda doing that with layers and passenger numbers so it not like it will be more work than they already do.

If they did drop gen 8 then possibly routes can be made faster.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

It’s closer than you think. Many triple a titles coming out in the next 6-12 months will not support last gen

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

I can't help think that gen 8 users (not all) are like the old steam train drivers. Love what they know, want it to always be supported etc etc

unfortunately it's not a case of if tsw starts lightening it's support to gen 8, but when.

Every company needs to remain competitive, current, forward thinking etc. we wouldn't have AI, robotics or software automation otherwise. It's about time the grave was being dug....

You'll never be told that hole is ready until the player dynamics shift more to gen 9, which they will.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

They can keep TSW2 at its current state insatlled.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Gen 8 consoles are done, the technology in them is ancient.

You can get a Gen 9 console now no problem. Should I choose to I could get either Gen9 XBOX delivered today in the UK. The rest of the gaming community should not be held back because some people choose to use ancient and outdated tech. This isn’t some sort of ‘no man left behind’ collective.

ps Without question, none of these TSW3 ‘leaks’ (including the first one), are an accident. DTG do this stuff all the time and literally no-one can be that repeatedly incompetent.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If you look at JDs body language on the stream after the first leak he is clearly worried and beating him self up over the mistake so I do think this was a genuine mistake rather than something preplanned.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

You wanna bet.................

• Like Like x 5
  17. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

The biggies have been that they accidentally and repeatedly released the FGW liveries, they accidentally released the Dev build (which has conveniently allowed the amount of modding we’ve seen and likely kept the PC version alive) and they’ve accidentally leaked that TSW3 is on it’s way (which will have taken the sting out of what I believe is coming). There are loads of smaller leaks that have occurred on streams, normally in the form of Matt or Adam saying something they shouldn’t and Colonel going through his whole ‘oops, shouldn’t have said that’ routine.

The reason I’m pretty certain this is all part of their ‘thing’ is it’s not a single person. They’ve all done it at points in the past and as I said, can it really be that such a wide range of different people are that incompetent?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The accidental leak on purpose.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I do not see DTG using ray tracing in TSW3, it’s just too expensive in performance terms for the benefit it would bring. Gen 8 should be dropped and gen 9 settings made on parity with PC. There should be no more need to lower settings for consoles, such as draw distance and passenger variety. Checkerboard rendering and FSR 2 can be leveraged to ensure good frame rates.

• Like Like x 2
  20. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

They already are. Gen 9 consoles use virtually the same sort of settings as the "High" graphics option on PC's, with the exception of like one or two things. It's been this way with the dedicated Gen 9 applications on console, since around the time Rush Hour released.

This was talked about on one of the roadmap streams from a year ago. Especially around the 40 minute mark and onwards.

21. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Oh and personally to me, all these leaks don't really sound very pre-planned. It's more likely that maybe JD really did have an oops moment, but DTG looked at all the feedback and just decided to go along with it. :D

22. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I'm hoping TSW3 turns out to be a major update for TSW2 and not an entirely new release. I don't think it's a good idea to keep releasing new base game every two years, but it seems to be a pattern so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I am well aware mate, not my first rodeo. ;) The two settings I mentioned have been talked about by Matt in more recent streams. Yet I believe there is room for parity if the technical solutions available on consoles were leveraged. At the time it was easier for DTG to make drops in settings to keep frame rate up, but there are better ways out there.

24. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Working for DTG, i will leave you to make up your own mind. But i know what i think buddy.

• Like Like x 4
  25. 5cip

5cip Active Member

finally we will see what will happen
    personally i believe it first when i see the announcment.
    when we look at TS Classic and how there the updates where handled each year maybe it goes that way for tsw too

• Like Like x 1
  26. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I wonder if he got a warning over this? I bet in some circumstances he might even had been sacked for leaking such info. I would have sacked him based on his football team and would be justified for doing so! (that was a joke DTG don't get offended now)
    DTG are clearly trolling us and using staff members for this purpose. I doubt if Cat wanted to do this but it was suggested for her. It seems when DTG do the trolling it is OK for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  27. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Pretty, pretty, pretty good, DTG!

• Like Like x 2
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  29. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Actually, I guess we will get something official in the next few days. I think the first teaser of TSW3 could come in the next few days, as they postponed the roadmap stream to next week instead of tomorrow. But who knows!

• Like Like x 2
  30. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yeah i agree, JD's whole "look" after he accidently leaked the word "TSW3" was kinda "I want the world to open me up and swallow me whole" kinda look. I think genuinely it was a mistake. Personally I think they have named the TSW 2 tools what they use to the the new TSW 3 working title. To be honest I await to hear the official announcement as to what's in the update let alone any new routes. The next couple of months are definitely going to be interesting. :)

Hentis

31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And this, boys and girls, is why savvy developers use internal code names. If those files were tagged "Chepstowe" or "Algernon" instead of "TSW3," none of this would have happened.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  32. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

My speculation is that the time they said they were going to take after SOS to fix bugs is actually the time they are using to finish developing TSW 3, so they had a good excuse to justify all this silence we currently have in terms of news. They are calmly developing without so much pressure and so are we because we believe they are working hard to make a better game. And it's true, it was just a little white lie on DTG's part that we will gladly forgive them when they tell us about all the wonderful new features that the new version is going to bring us.
    These little leaks are deliberately meant to create hype and keep the community speculating in the forums.
    My bet: TSW 3 release for gen 8 and gen 9 before Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

As long as they not forget about fixing some really nasty bugs. Derailing cargo trains all over the place after a fateful SoS "Up"date, for example.
    The DTG Dance: 2 steps forward, 5 steps back will become notorious and go down into the memories of quite a few simmers. IF they don´t address TSW2 bugs and launch a sucessor.

• Like Like x 3
  34. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Yes of course, I mean they are also going to use some of this time fixing bugs as they told us, but that is not the only thing they are working on.

They are using all this "we are just going to work on fixing bugs" time and also the previous "we are just working on steam" time to develop TSW 3 without the pressure they put themselves under last year with rush hour.

I say all this with the certainty and veracity that comes from the 3 cold beers I just drank.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Maaaaan, which part of the world are you? Australia, Japan? ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And all the broken Journey mode elements which are accumulating steadily across all routes and traction add ons.

• Like Like x 2
  37. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Uninstalled the lot here, TSW2 and TSC. Quite happy playing ETS2, which doesn't cost a fortune with all the free mods and addons. Also runs happily here with all settings maxed out. DTG's fail track record goes right back to 2007, enough is enough.

• Like Like x 7
  38. OldVern

Bit like me with Trainz Mike. Rage uninstalled TRS19 earlier, now putting it all back on but not paying for a FCT to put the DLS content back. Clears out all the crud. ETS2 still rocks and along with Snowrunner my go to happy place when the train sims get wearisome. Hopefully not long for West Balkans now.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The one thing I really miss on PC is ETS2 and ATS. Just can’t get ‘em (yet) on console. Those and Transport Fever 2.

• Like Like x 2
  40. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Hahahahahaha, Vern you haven't had a cooling down period yet buddy. To decide if you want TRS19 back on, really. :D A mate of mine had Mudrunner, but no mouse steering again. Looked very good though, so guessing Snowrunner is as good ? Oh blimey you are not invading the Balkans. i can't keep up with all this, who is doing what, to which country. :D :D ;)

• Like Like x 2
  41. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Not on any console, very suprised at that rabid ( i know that nick from somewhere )

• Like Like x 1
  42. OldVern

I suspect a conscious decision made by SCS not to go multi platform. Obviously doing okay financially out of PC only and none of the complications of developing and supporting several versions.

• Like Like x 4
  43. solicitr

All of them introducing new bugs on top of the unfixed old bugs.

• Like Like x 6
  44. chieflongshin

What if..... there's no tsw3 and this is all just bug fixes. How anti climatic will that be

• Like Like x 5
  45. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think DTG would have quashed all notion of an impending TSW 3 if it wasn’t happening.

• Like Like x 6
  46. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

and have the forum full of people bashing their latest flagship DLC release again?

• Like Like x 1
  47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Interesting and for TSW 3 DTG will try to make it on UE5

48. chieflongshin

NO…. no no no no no no no.

upload_2022-8-1_21-26-32.gif

Why does everyone think tsw3 is coming to an engine that isn’t widely adopted, someone released one fancy station clip and everyone thinks ue5 is the beacon of hope tsw3 needs.

if tsw3 released on ue5 with that level of detail, you’d likely be looking at needing a rockstar size studio (which they don’t have) and a gta 6 development time (which they won’t do for a £25 game), which would like need a high end 30series card (which most don’t have), ruling out most console players (which DTG do have)

Come back to the ue5 dream in a couple of years

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone expects the level of detail shown in that clip in TSW ever. The two things aren’t connected. The game engine is just that, the game engine. What gets put in that game engine can be at any level of detail depending on the developer’s needs and skill. UE5 isn’t that much different to UE4 and TSW will just look a bit nicer in it due to lighting differences etc. and hopefully work better. TSW3 may or may not be UE5 but it will not look like other games or demo clips just like it doesn’t in UE4. I’ve had a guess that it could be UE5 because DTG are known to be developing with it and it’s fairly backwards compatible for games that were in 4.26. It is unlikely but not impossible. The engine doesn’t need to be widely adopted for any company to work with it or release games with it. It gets widely adopted by companies releasing games with it. DTG are confirmed to be one of the earliest companies to be using it, whether they are close to a release or not, that is still a fact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  50. solicitr

TSW could look great in UE4, had DTG bothered to master the graphics tools it has. Changing platforms will not magically fix the textures, lighting or anything else: it all still has to be programmed. (At a higher level than recycling old Kuju assets).

• Like Like x 13