Dlc 2/3rd The Price Of The Game!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CFDIEGO88, Sep 11, 2018.

1. CFDIEGO88

CFDIEGO88 New Member

I know this is the DLC model dovetail uses on PC but i dont think console gamers will like this or get used to it. And i dont even agree with the DLC model to begin with 1 route for 2/3rds the price i paid for 3 that just doesnt add up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sVig

sVig Member

Yep. I don't care where they get their price model from though, I'm not paying it anymore. I paid for the the founders edition, then for the deluxe edition upgrade when it came out only 6 or 7 weeks ago, which is now on sale for £32 on the MS Store, and they want £19.99 for this alone. Not even a discount for having a MS Gold account or for being a founders edition early uptaker.

Thanks, but no thanks. Customer lost.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  3. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

You know you don't have to buy everything, right?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, these routes (WSR and RSN) are technically considered add-ons. And unlike many other games on consoles, it's your choice if you want it or not. As MCGermanyFan points out, you don't have to buy everything they offer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NekoNina

Oh and CFDIEGO88 TSW is like a model railway. You don't pay for small things, you pay for a whole new route which obviously costs more than $10. I suspect you are an average console player who plays games like GTA and so on. But TSW is something completely different than that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. CFDIEGO88

CFDIEGO88 New Member

I play a variety of games on PC PS4 and XBOX ONE. And i havent played gta for about a year so you can drop your idiotic PC master race agenda.
    I get that train sim world isnt like other games and you just buy what you want. But the majority of console gamers wont like this they are as you said casuals. This game has to sell on consoles as most of the hardcore fans are on pc. I just think this model wont work on consoles where 90% is not accustomed to it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CFDIEGO88

CFDIEGO88 New Member

Despite all that i still beleive there is no reason why a route should cost 2/3rds the price of the base game. This is just greed to me. A priced marked up to make maximum profit off of your fanbase and i dont like it. And yes i know i dont have to buy it but actually did want this route. But the price has put me off.

8. NekoNina

Guess what? TS18 costs $30 and DLC cost $40. With TSW it makes sense that the DLC cost that much because it is a lot of work to create things for that game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CFDIEGO88

CFDIEGO88 New Member

Yes I get how the business model works. I dont agree with and i think its crap and i dont think it will work with 90% of console gamers thats my point.

10. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Just to make it clear that the prices on console versions is pretty much the same value as the PC version. Whether or not you like it, that's how it is for TSW

11. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

CFDIEGO88 so what price do you think it should sell at - what do casual players think is reasonable?

Personally I’m not a big fan of comparing the base game price to DLC as often games makers will make the ‘starter pack’ cheap to get people involved. But I do get your point about add ons needing to be competitive. In the end people ‘budget’ and cost is a factor as in anything.

On the PC side, and in particular on Steam people are used to very significant sales at regular intervals. Those sales often don’t include the latest DLCs, you generally need to wait a couple of sales cycles for them to be included. However the PC crowd know how it works and takes advantage of it.

I would have thought it likely in the future that DTG will offer sale prices on older add ons, but the new ones may come at full price.

On it being the same price on the PC as I’ve said before if the console versions lack features that the PC version has (the upcoming editor) to me the console versions should be cheaper.

12. Samuel

Samuel Member

I don't know how works pre-order in console, but why DTG couldn't do it like in steam? If you pre-order, you will pay 10% less, for example

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

At the end of the day this is how it is. You dont have to buy it however if you dont Dovetail might realize there is no money in console porting. Therefore they move back to just pc. Yes id like it cheaper however i pay it so i can support dovetail and hope in the future they a) will bring more content to console b) maybe reduce dlc prices and c) show other simulator game studios that markets on console are just as profitable as those on pc. If not we all lose out!

• Like Like x 2
  14. sVig

sVig Member

I know I don't have to buy it and with this price model I'm not.

It was the same with Euro Fishing. Obviously content takes time but with that they wanted £7 to £8 for just a single fishing area. Hardly required a vast amount of resources and development for that...

15. Samuel

Samuel Member

Cheesypuff2 , i agree with you. Actually i already bought it yesterday. But the main thing that would be great to have almost the same like on pc. There are pre-order for two weeks.
    Also on consoles need to improve graphic in the cab. I could compare it because i have TSW on PC and could run just on low settings.. And on consoles actually almost the same graphic(but this is another topic)

16. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

Yea i wont say there isnt improvements and i expect them to come eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

I'll be buying the DLC I want, but I'll wait till it's on sale just like I do on TS on PC.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

But haven't we already established the console version is cut down from the PC version? No Heavy Haul, less traffic etc.. so shouldn't prices reflect this?

19. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

I read somewhere on the forum that the recent patch made the HSTs (I think) longer. I think it said there were 4 passenger cars but now they are 6. Could be wrong though.

20. deaks1

deaks1 New Member

The cost is a rip off

• Like Like x 1
  21. NekoNina

No, it's not, don't be silly.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The cost is not a rip off, I believe what we are paying in cost is fare for the amount of time put into making the route.

• Like Like x 5
  23. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

It sucks, but that's how it is.

On 'Train Simulator 2018' for PC, I usually wait till the DLC I want is on sale, then buy it. I've only got about 5 DLCs total for it. I'm not interested in everything. I mainly buy Japanese routes, which there aren't many of.

24. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

Only buy the DLC you want, it's as simple as that. TSW is a niche game, it's never going to sell in the millions like COD or GTA so they have to price DLC to take that into account and the effort they have put into it. I'm glad they are making this game (and DLC) for console as i don't have a PC powerful enough to run TSW and probably never will.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Eric261992

Eric261992 Member

I bet you will buy dlc regardless

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dawidowmaker999

Dawidowmaker999 Member

You have to realise Simulators aren’t like racing games or shooting games where lots of people play it. The amount of people who play simulators is small. End of the day they have to pay their workers because they don’t work for free. If you find it a rip then don’t buy it and moan because I’ll like to see you make a Sim game.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

To play devils advocate, it technically IS cheaper than the PC, because each time they release something on console, they have to pay licence fees to Microsoft or Sony. And as somebody has pointed out, these won't sell in anything like the numbers that a shooter or racing game will - they have to pay the wages somehow.

My only gripe with the cost, is that there aren't that many scenarios to play through, taking into consideration the length of the tracks. And of course, if the higher quality assets have been created for the P.C version, then it would be nice for Xbox One X or PS4 Pro users, to have access to those instead. It is quite jarring to be playing some games on the Xbox One X, that look incredible, and then come to this game, and it be a long way off resolution-wise.

• Like Like x 2
  28. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

There's a very simple solution to this nonsense: if you don't like the price, don't pay it -- of course, that would deprive you of all the attention you're getting.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Of course that's an option, but then if enough people took that option, then nobody would be getting any DLC on consoles, because it wouldn't be financially viable to do it.

Why shouldn't we have the discussion? Should we blindly accept everything at whatever the developers set the price at?

Much as I like the game, it's certainly not without it's faults and as said above, why can't we get an X/Pro enhanced version? By all accounts both are as powerful as a reasonable PC.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Well for me personally I'm happy to keep buying it in order to encourage them to keep releasing stuff on console. I'm on the lookout for a new laptop to get back into TS 2018, but until then this tides me over nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  31. gangrel

gangrel Member

Just buy it when it goes on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  32. deaks1

deaks1 New Member

Backwards and forwards to Reading how boring have removed this game now from my console total utter waste of money

33. Seb94

Seb94 New Member

[QUOTE = "MCGermanyFan, post: 48984, member: 4425"] Devinez quoi? Le TS18 coûte 30 $ et le DLC, 40 $. Avec TSW, il est logique que le contenu téléchargeable coûte autant car il faut beaucoup de travail pour créer des choses pour ce jeu. [/ QUOTE]

34. Seb94

Seb94 New Member

Lol bcp de travail 30 euros 1 ligne et une loco ça devient du vol pour moi

35. jokerice

jokerice New Member

the hole doventail colection is a rip off . this isent the way you treat your comunity. i dont injoy paying 30 euros for a addon that doesent have that mutch content in it. Mark my words Doventail will fall we all just have to w8 untill that happens . thay dont cear about the comunity thay just have a lust for money . what a shame so mutch potential

36. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Some of you kids need to get better paid paper rounds.

• Like Like x 2
  37. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

TSW including all DLC is the most realistic Simulation for consoles at the moment even having some bugs. Sure it's a bit expensive. But I have so much fun every time if I do a service with TSW. Using the locos gives you the feeling of sitting in a real one.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

As long as TSW's the only game in town, there's not much to be done regarding pricing- also as others have said, when you compare to model trains, it's pretty reasonable. Maybe if the new Flight Sim does well, MS will think about getting back into train sims? Competition tends to lower prices in the long run.

Some aspects are baffling, though- still can't understand why there's no preorder discount for DLC on Xbox- has there ever been an official explanation?

Don't get me wrong, i love TSW and i've bought all the DLC except the Class 33 and Class 52, and i'll buy those if they ever come to a route other than WSR.

• Like Like x 2
  39. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Dam my spelling isn't always prefect but dam,you make me look good.with spelling.Anyway you more time in spelling class and less time in tsw.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

So I'm supposed to listen to you but you can't even spell. DTG won't fall out like you did in school.

41. jcalex023

jcalex023 Member

This still going on from sep 11 2018

42. Big Papi34

It's like a good meme that died and somebody revived it and made it even better.
    images (3).jpeg
    Yes I'm showing my immature side.

• Like Like x 1
  43. jokerice

jokerice New Member

lissen am not on about my dam spelling f that atleest you all can read it . its about the pricing of stuff . most game dont shoot up the price that high and thats realy a downer for me i like train games. but i dont like developers not fixing stuff like with TS2019 its call now
    the lack of support or even after so many years not fixing the bugs in the game . is not a plus point for a game . for one train and i mean just the train you shoudent need to pay 10/15 euros come on realy thats over over priced. the only thing i like about tsw is that thay ar going to bring out the editor so more hopefully FREEE content. and one plus point is that its unreal engine . and i realy realy hope that thay give the best support in there tutorials on how to make custom content and yes i do hope that other company brings out a train sim that isent over priced. stop all acting like theres nothink wrong with the game jesus wake up :| but never mind you always keep kiddys on a forum.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  44. Big Papi34

Would someone please fix this poor persons spelling. And no one said there was nothing wrong with the game there's plenty of bugs. And compared to model trains the price is reasonable. And when the editor comes out user made routes will mostly likely have to be paid for. Not "FREEE" as you stated.

• Like Like x 1
  45. SHINO BAZ

You know i offen see people say that someone who acts like this unhappy gamer is...is just a really bored troll,whos looking to liven up his or hers pathic life but all the bad spelling errors make me wonder if there no older then 10 yrs old.

46. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by the fact that user made routes won't be free?
    Community made routes in TS were always free but they required paid content to work (preferably something that most people have like routes from the base package) so they will be free in TSW as well.

47. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The game is priced reasonable imo. You can always wait for a Sale for the Content you would like to buy. Its a Simulation afterall and therefor creating these models isnt an easy task and requires time. The price reflects that.
    About the Editor, dont get your hopes up too much. The Editor is coming, yes but how and if they plan to bring over selected Mods to the Consoles remains to be seen. It will initially be PC only where you can download the mods.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Big Papi34

I realize that they were free but you still have to pay content to make them work.

49. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Their rule related to the editor is something like "release it on PC and then worry about bringing it to consoles". I think that they will make a free "curated mods" dlc that will contain some copyright free and tested mods (assuming that you can uninstall DLCs on an Xbox). Certainly no open workshop sice you can't just copy stuff into your game files (at least I think).

50. SHINO BAZ

Hey,if your on pc,you get tsw sale almost monthly but consel gamers have way bigger gaps between sales so if this complainers on pc,he or shes lucky,if he or she on consel then maybe there slightly justifed in there unhappy,DT says blame microsoft and sony for lack of tsw sales,they control them ,not DT.