Ts18: Rail Travel Re-imagined

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Sep 26, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]

Photograph: Alex Profit/SNCF.
    In April 2016, we brought to you our fastest experience in the form of the popular LGV Méditerranée from Marseille to Avignon. However, with the advent of a new 64-bit era just over the horizon…

LGV Rhône-Alpes & Méditerranée: Lyon - Marseille is coming soon to Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 12
  2. QO1922

QO1922 Member

Great news! Merci beaucoup!

3. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Awesome news!
    Quite looking forward to this one!

4. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

What about the people who will still be on 32 bit? They won't be able to play it.

5. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

32-bit players should still be able to play it. Maybe they might have to split scenarios up to drive the whole length though but it will still run.

6. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Who is in 2018 still on 32-bit?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TrainSim-Steve

Hi Guys,

Just to be clear, everything we make will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit, we have no plans to change how we do things right now :)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Cool.. this will be one of the longest DTG routes available. I'm excited. Hope to see it extended to Paris eventually. Maybe in the next couple of years. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

Are you considering doing some French lines that aren't LGV? I would love to see Nantes - Le Croisic in Train Sim

• Like Like x 1
  10. Max1116

Max1116 New Member

Oh, that's great news! Thank you very much for doing French!

• Like Like x 1
  11. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

well yeah if they have 32 bit computer but for those who has a 64 bit computer the game will give a choice to play 32 or 64 bit

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we might get another train apart from a repaint of the TGV Double Deck unit.
    It would have been more interesting to have built the classic line from Lyon Perrache/Part-Dieu to Marseille then different SNCF locos and coaches could be used - seems strange to have the SNCF license and not release new trains.

• Like Like x 2
  13. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Steve. :)

14. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

Wow! This will be one of the LONGEST routes ever made in Train Simulator! 309 km equals 192 miles!

15. Bzefw

Bzefw New Member

Is it a tgv atlantique or tgv oceane or tgv duplex

16. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Good to hear that DTG finally comes back to France. What TGV stock will be in the addition? Will there be another TGV train, for example, the TGV Réseau? It would give this route the much needed replayability boost it desperately needs.

Other things that can be added are the Carmillion livery (the one posted on the photo) and Ouigo livery, which is a budget TGV that runs specifically on this section from Paris. Personally I hope DTG will include an old TGV Sud-Est red livery, as that by far was the most memorable livery the TGV ever had and also my personal favorite. Please keep us updated! :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I was expecting the first post 64 bit route to be some kind of long freight route, but this is excellent! I forgot about high speed routes, and now with the 64 bit update, longer routes like high speed routes can be made. Hopefully someday we can see high speed trains like the Shinkansen, Eurostar, or Thalys in this game.

18. TrainSim-Steve

Right now we're only able to do the TGV brand but we are working closely with SNCF to obtain the additional licenses we need to be able to do other things. The wheels turn a bit slowly as it's so much legalese it makes my head hurt but the future is looking really hopeful though :)

We'll have more information to share on what's included with the route later but I can confirm that something is on the horizon that I'm confident everyone will fall in love with ;)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 3
  19. trainman10000

trainman10000 New Member

Doesn't eurostar use this route?

20. lokbe16

lokbe16 New Member

Vraiement magnifique! I can imagine french TS fans already dancing "sur le pont d'Avignon" ;)

Since MarseilIe - Avignon is a prerequisite, I guess this will come as an extension to the existing route? Then I sincerely hope the broken KVB on that part will be fixed as well.

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

22. Is a peice of route in Italy?

23. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

It's in southern France.

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you read the first post it says - LGV Rhône-Alpes & Méditerranée: Lyon - Marseille is coming soon to Train Simulator!

25. JG100

JG100 New Member

Sounds great. It should be alot of fun. Although, my personal dream highspeed route would be the completion of the NEC Boston to Washington D.C. U.S.A. It would be DTG's biggest and best Project. I think 64 bit could make it a reality. We shall see.

26. Jonas07

Jonas07 New Member

Will there be any discount for owners of the addon "LGV Méditerranée from Marseille to Avignon"?
    Thanks for reply.

27. Blackhairs

Blackhairs New Member

Hello, the LGV not going on to the TS2019 ?
    what is the release date?

28. horrido

horrido New Member

the "big surprise" will most probably be either repaints of the TGV duplex in carmillion or OuiGo :( liveries, or the eurostar shown above. The thing that would have be most pleasing to see though, would have been releasing part of the classic Lyon-Marseille route, allowing to run both regional commuters/long distance corail trains and freight trains. This is not going to happen, as DTG seems to love to be embroidered in "licensed" stuff. As a user, I don't care about licensed stuff. releasing the trains with a generic livery like it has been done for BNSF stuff would have been the best way to go.
    Correcting the KVB "bugs" would have been done a long time ago if DTG had the ability the correct the game limitations; but this is not going to happen. DTG competences are limited to adding content to the game, not correcting or overcoming the game engine limitations. So KVB will remains with its current limitations or "bugs".

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The only route that I know of with unbranded BNSF Locos was the Chicago Racetrack which was made by Chicago & Southwest Productions and released thru DTG/RSC.
    I very much doubt that DTG would release any product that it does not have a License for.
    Having the Licence means nothing to you but the company could face a big Fine if they were to release something they don't have the right to.
    This is why there is no DRS version of the Class 68, why Armstrong Powerhouse had to pull the Virgin reskins from it's packs and why you cannot buy BNSF locos and stock outside the USofA

Peter

30. horrido

horrido New Member

you only need a "license" if copyrighted material (a.k.a company logo) appears on the rolling stock. Or do you imply that it was ok with Chicago & Southwest Productions to be fined by BNSF ? It as not been the case, as far as I know, as no copyrighted material appeared in their release. What I meant by saying that I don't care a dime about licenses, is that I don't care if the SNCF/Ouigo logo is missing from the rolling stock in a DTG release.

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm not implying anything,
    The problem lies with BNSF who is quite happy to have its logos on items Sold in the USofA but not elsewhere.
    So Chicago & Southwest Productions could make a product for home release but they would be in breach of their license if they sold the route with the Logos on the stock outside the USofA

DTG is not allowed to sell BNSF locos / stock outside the USofA

And I know you are not bothered about licenses but DTG are.
    Would it not be easier to get a reskin of the TGV in the livery you want as that would be Free if you owned the LGV Med route.

Peter

32. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

There can also be restrictions on the model itself. If BNSF have a fleet of locomotives built to their design and spec, it's very plausible that they also hold the copyrights to the model itself. Sim builders can expect a cease and desist letter if they juist build and sell a model of a BNSF train without permission.

Companies are usually a little more lenient when it comes to enthusiasts who release stuff for free as there's no profit motive in that case.

• Like Like x 1
  33. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

Can’t wait to have more news on this since TS2019 is out now.

34. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Another tweet has been released regarding this route:
    https://twitter.com/railsimulator/status/1069962959743582211

Looks nice, but unfortunately, I don't see any new train or liveries. Would be sad if DTG decided not to make any other TGV's or even liveries. Are there any updates regarding this?

35. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

We don't have the TGV Duplex in the livery shown in the picture at the top of this thread.