Tsw3 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag & The Unofficial Tsw3 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I tell thee, young un's today don't know how good they've got it. Luxury! In my day we used to get up three hours before we went to bed, walk twelve mile t'pit AND pay pit owner for privilege of working and when we get home at night our dad used to stab us to death and then dance backwards round our grave. Tell that to young un's today and they wouldn't believe you!

• Like Like x 6
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. It's ironic to see people complaining that there are too many DLC and DTG should slow down, now it seems the exact opposite.

I guess you can't please everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

This was always going to happen, in the end it's just going to die without an editor, that's what keeps MSTS and TS classic alive and kicking

• Like Like x 4
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I see the official announcement of tsw3 has been pushed back another week. Sam Is on SOS to stoke the fire more. I wonder the percentage of people who will tune in to see Sam vs the number SOS. I'm certainly the former

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Unless Tuesdays slot has been reserved for a big surprise announcement on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Yet further hints dropped in last night's Livery Stream - Cat's Chrome has 2 TSW3 tabs, one for TSW3 UI and one for TSW3 Dev Manage...

Screenshot 2022-07-29 131229.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. chieflongshin

With all these little hints you can’t help wondering whether it’s building anticipation or trolling us :D

• Like Like x 4
  8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

They’re just teasing us now :D

I’m pretty sure all these ‘leaks’ are fully intentional, to get us talking.

• Like Like x 9
  9. EntityNL

EntityNL New Member

They just keep putting coal on the fire... Let's hope the safety valve works and the boiler does not explode.

With the roadmap being postponed by a week, will this be related to an announcement?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Are we waiting for an announcement to announce tsw3 coming soon, then wait for more announcements for when it will be available for purchase?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not quite, but the constant need for reassurance that something new is happening is definitely a new thing, and probably leading many down a path to mental health issues...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I daresay I'd that were the case, they'd have advertised "Big Surprise Announcement" in that slot so people actually tune in for it. Though I don't doubt that there will be complaints Tuesday night from people who looked anyway, saw nothing happening, and are outraged that DTG let them down after clearly teasing the big TSW3 reveal by saying nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

While that's true some games do not need any hype and if the 'X factor' is the game the game will get a following, look at minecraft for example. Whether TSW2 has the X factor is up for debate personally I would say no especially with the lack of a decent editor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Minecraft has thousands of youtubers hyping it every day... Slightly different concept

15. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

No roadmap stream makes me think the big announcement will be sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 3
  16. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Big announcement next week followed by a roadmap with plenty of info the week after, maybe?

• Like Like x 5
  17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes they are not even trying to hide it now. A case of when, not if.

I would hope when the announcement does come, they won’t hold back on what routes and rolling stock are included.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. I would say you are right there. My 9 year old prefers tsc over tsw, a lot more content obviously. But he will spend hours building routes in tsc whereas tsw normally gets boring for him after a few minutes.

Looking at he's steam account that's not that old, tsc play time 1,167 hours. Tsw play time 360 hours.

The scenario designer in tsw is kind of like a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle with 500 pieces missing.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Ah, I watched the stream last night and Cat kept putting that screen up and commenting that she shouldn't be showing it so much, but I didn't notice that. Yes inclined to think that was a tease.

• Like Like x 2
  20. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

They’re playing with us, like a cat with a mouse, the little teasers, I bet Sam will be playing SoS next Thursday wearing a pointy hat with ‘I love TSW3’ on it

• Like Like x 3
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't really mind that there hasn't been any new content. I've just been playing tsc or other games more such as F1 22. There are other things frankly to pass the time by then playing this game.

It would be nice to know the progress of some of these bug fixes like the LIRR M7 propulsion audio issue in which the train has no propulsion noise whatsoever

• Like Like x 3
  22. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Don't be disappointed when nothing happens next week, even announcement-wise ... ;-)

• Like Like x 6
  23. dhekelian

I think they are doing it on purpose now trying to save JD's face? If so it seems it is OK for DTG to do trolling but when it is a forum member they get banned.

Been trying to get into F1 22 myself but having real trouble with the ps5 controller on the pc.

• Like Like x 4
  24. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if nothing new was announced. I haven't bought a new dlc anyways since Dresden-Chemnitz so I'll be fine

• Like Like x 5
  25. dhekelian

everyone has their favourite dlc and I could easily buy 4 or 5 routes now np, I won't though cause DTG seem to not take their customers seriously. If I buy a dlc with a 24hr timetable I expect to drive a train in any of those 24hrs not just the ones 'where you can see'.

• Like Like x 2
  26. redrev1917

Announcement and overview Tuesday formally announcing TSW3 and that it will included SoS, (perhaps with a 3rd steam engine, possibly a shunter or small mixed traffic tank), A German & US route and presale starting, the following week 3 streams
    Tuesday Roadmap with with new features and updates to core,
    Wednesday - Preview of first new route
    Thursday - Preview of second new route

Following Tuesday TSW3 releases.

• Like Like x 4
  27. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Perhaps that "something special" could be a focus on the realism of driving a train and a better representation of railway procedures?

This could attract those railway enthusiasts who are completely uninterested in TSW2 because they don't enjoy playing trainspotters and collecting plush dinosaurs.

It could also activate customers like me, who do play TSW2 but don't buy new DLC because each DLC disappoints them with its lack of realism and playability.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Exactly they've told us the "break" is to work on bug fixes, yet we are still waiting for fixes that told us over a year ago were ready - Cough, Cough - Peninsular Corridor and Oakville. Yet what DLC they have released recently is half finished and suffers from all the usual problems, missing collectables, broken Mastery, the list goes on........

Hands up who thinks in a few months time TSW3 will be rushed out, breaking even more things than it fixes? We will still be waiting for the fixes this time next year.

Played SOS for a while, gave up on the new IOW route as the mastery won't unlock. I've now gone back to Train Sim Classic and have just remembered how much content I've bought in sales and never played!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  29. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Is this confirmed?

30. chieflongshin

Unless this is from a reputable source stop drinking the sauce ;)

• Like Like x 3
  31. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

If they have any sense they will remove Mastery for TSW3. For all the man hours spent implementing it, I wonder seriously what real value it adds to the game (when it does work).

• Like Like x 11
  32. redrev1917

No just hypothesising

But its Friday night

33. redrev1917

Given the number of inflatables dotted around Island Line 2022 Im actually wondering if a "feature" of TSW3 will be more than 4 types of collectables.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Disintegration7

This seems quite plausible to me.

Cajon Pass is my US route prediction, with BNSF making its TSW debut. I've no clue on the German route tbh.

35. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

i think its safe to say now. TSW3 is way closer than we could have ever thought when it first got leaked by JD. i got a feeling, possible announcement for this, is any week now, but that is a very big maybe

• Like Like x 5
  36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Lots of people have been saying all along that it is this summer’s release so not really ‘closer than we could have ever thought’. More like exactly when we thought it would be. As jigsaw puzzles go this has been quite simple to piece together. The leak of TSW3 made a lot of other things suddenly make much more sense. The only thing that doesn’t quite fit is that it hasn’t actually been announced yet but that may be down to a short delay or just DTG announcing things closer to when they release the same as it was before the roadmap came along. If it isn’t this summer’s release then the current tumbleweeds and radio silence go back to being a bit of a mystery.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. heliq

heliq Active Member

TSW 3 wants longer routes. For example from Warsaw to Berlin or to Paris. Stops along the way.
    Tired of pieces of the railway a few miles. Too boring.

• Like Like x 6
  38. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

They may just drop it as a ready to go announcement rather than the hype building. In that case it's here's what your getting instead of constant to and fro with hints and articles for months.

I have seen this in the model Railway world with Bachmann realising a new tooled 37 the other week straight out of the blue and it was available to buy straight off. They of course had been working on it for years and did the same with the Class 47 previously.

It could be a change in PR strategy is happening. Or not and we will be told soon that an announcement about an big event is scheduled in 4 months time.....

• Like Like x 3
  39. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The hype cycle was very much still there, but publishers who knew they had a lemon on their hands would hold back review copies during launch month and the magazines would have to go out and buy a retail copy and they got 3-4 weeks of sales before the 1/10 reviews came out...

• Like Like x 1
  40. Princess Entrapta

I mean, I'm sure many of us could drum up more interest among friends if they added network code to let us run services with someone else as driver and guard.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Without MP, announcements and such features, it makes no sense to buy TSW3. It makes no difference whether I press A and D on TSW2 or use RailDriver or on TSW3 without any new features.

• Like Like x 3
  42. ARuscoe

Many people have zero interest in multiplayer
    If they invest their time in making it so people can zoom past each other at 250mph closing speed they're not fixing issues, making better gameplay etc

• Like Like x 19
  43. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

Multiplayer would be one of the most useless things they could bring into a train simulator.
    Imagine the mess and blockades on the tracks if someone is not capable to move the train for whatever reason. Or just the griefing potential.

• Like Like x 13
  44. chieflongshin

I couldn't care less about multiplayer if I tried . I juts don't see how it can be implemented without people blocking lines and causing mayhem. As for standing on a train and opening the doors whilst my friend drives.... well wow, let me pay £25 to play with a guard panel for 25 stations on a route.

i know a lot want guard mode but I'd take VR and immersion rather than the human equivalent of an unranked red signal glitch

• Like Like x 11
  45. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

A driver and fireman would be an obvious multiplayer, it doesn't have to be multi driver players on one route; however I cant see this being something many would want and only really applies to steam locos, I doubt mp is high on their list, lets have DI controller allocation first

• Like Like x 1
  46. Princess Entrapta

What griefing?
    You invite a friend to a co-operative session where you both operate a service together, they fill the other roles in the train crew. It'd make it more realistic and potentially quicker too, having a player handling things like brakeman roles to sort out coupling and setting the points correctly, etc.
    I don't imagine most folks would start a multiplayer session with someone intent on causing trouble and they'd see a swift unfriending if they did.

I expect the engine would fall flat on its face if they tried to add anything beyond that anyway, like operating different trains.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Disintegration7

I mean this sounds cool for those who are interested, but my concerns are more:

How much of the development budget would MP take, and what other features would be left out as a result?

How much confidence do we have in DTG building the infrastructure needed for MP? Do they have the right staff on hand? I haven't played any of their fishing titles, but do they have any MP modes?

If so, that would give me a little more confidence that they have those skills available in-house.

• Like Like x 1
  48. redrev1917

You can park MP just above creators club for features I hate.

Trying to do 1 hour run just to find some moron has parked his train right outside London Victoria blocking all paths.

The dispatcher can't even cope with 1 human train, expecting it to be handle 5+ humans including one doing their best to break the game is going to be chaos

• Like Like x 6
  49. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Multiplayer pointless. As I remarked previously, tried it in Run 8 and it’s basically a chat room for a player clique, if you’re not one of the regulars you get ignored. Even with the so called persistent world in Run 8, I parked my player train up in one of the Bakersfield Yards with a note I’d be back later. When I did return the train had been deleted completely from the world, not even moved up the route a little bit so I could take over again, making the previous 40 min drive session totally pointless.

Even if TSW3 offered some means of having players doing signalling or despatching, unless the whole system got a radical overhaul there is no flexibility to regulate or deviate trains from the preplanned path. Then you have to legislate for Joe Bloggs at signalbox A calling it a day which means the AI has to be capable of taking over with the same intelligence and skill as the human signaller.

• Like Like x 9
  50. ARuscoe

So you invite a friend onto your high speed service, so they can do what for the 25 minutes between stops?
    That's the main problem with MP. There is literally nothing to do other than shovelling coal or opening doors. Pressing the "now shovel" button would be tedious and worse for "now do nothing until the next stop"

• Like Like x 4