Iow 2022 Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SprattyHeath, Jul 20, 2022.

1. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...T1IW1LEe8HoQird38VP-1zVvc6bC31XOVF2d1DW7NsZMI

Hello all, this is another thread for a potential new EP for the recently released IOW 2022 featuring the new Class 484.

I mentioned during the announcement of the new supposed IOW route that if I was interested enough with this new DLC I'd be happy to do some work to improve it further (and of course get rid of that absolutely nasty default livery!)

At the moment this is still very much a W.I.P but I thought I'd give a little insight as to what I've already done :)

Blender renders of the new SWR Reskin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screenshots of new SWR livery in TSW
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The skin has also received very slight weathering thanks to Shiiba of the TSC, much appreciated :)

Second (and a new for me), I have changed the screenshots in Route Selector, Scenario Selector, Loading Screens, etc, for consistency purposes.
    upload_2022-7-20_15-4-17.png

upload_2022-7-20_15-4-53.png

[​IMG]
    Another big thank you goes to Foobian for changing the Theme from NSE to the SWR logo, stops my OCD from going mad :)

This is just one of the few changes I've made so far, there will be a number of others that I'd like to make with both the Rolling Stock and the Route so keep an eye on this thread for posts later on.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 34
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. SprattyHeath

Evening all, this is another quickie just demonstrating yet more changes which you can expect to see as part of the IOW 2022 Enhancement Pack.

Recently I discovered this program called UAssetGUI with the help of another fellow modder which supposedly allows you to edit .uasset files etc

One of my few gripes about the new 484 is how agonisingly slow the scrolling of the destination displays are, so I set myself a task and experimented with various settings with the new program and I've managed to change not only the scrolling speed for all the PIS displays, but also reference a new custom texture for the front destination so that it's much smaller as it should be IRL.

I've enclosed a video below showing the much faster scrolling destination display.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hi there! Your work is looking fantastic, and I’m really excited to download your enhancement pack! However, if it’s not too much to ask, do you think you could maybe make a version of this mod without the different destination display on the train? I personally really like the current one in game, and don’t really want that being changed; but on the other hand, I would really like to have access to all the other cool changes in this enhancement pack. Thanks :D

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning Uasset GUI. Looks great as a tool.

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Looking great so far, looking forward to the release. Guessing the livery still needs its side island line logo doing.

6. SprattyHeath

Thanks, unfortunately because of how the mapping is done I cant add side logos unless someone does some custom child objects

7. SprattyHeath

Yet more changes to the route, first some changes to the station clutter.

The changes consists of new posters, plus the collectible which now shows a custom made texture inspired by the ones seen during the initial re-opening of the Island Line
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second route change is the plant pot at Sandown, the colours on the 484 have been adjusted as well as the livery itself and the ticket machines have also been slightly retextured too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At Shanklin the "Welcome to Shanklin" texture has been also changed. I actually took a picture of this myself when I visited the IOW several years ago prior to the 483s retirement.
    [​IMG]

The last change in this post (and this is a big one) is the inclusion of a brand new static bus mesh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like with my recently updated BML mod, this mesh had it's UV wrap redone in Blender specifically so it could be used in TSW, the model itself is based on a Dennis Mini Pointer Dart finished off in the Southern Vectis livery.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The livery on that 484 is wrong. Still, great work though. I'm excited to see how this update turns out.

9. SprattyHeath

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's down to how it's mapped, I cant change it without editing the model

10. Doomotron

I see. Is each half one texture which is reversed for the other end?

11. SprattyHeath

Yes correct

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Doomotron

Makes sense. In that case I retract my previous statement.

13. SprattyHeath

One final post before this mod gets the greenlight to be uploaded, one big thank you goes to Alexander L for creating some custom child objects for the logos, it definitely adds the finishing touches![​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. SprattyHeath

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

Hi I already have a mod installed that tweaks the sound of the 484, should I uninstall it before installing your mod?

16. SprattyHeath

I believe the sound changes that Bescot made are the same as the ones in my mod so I think you should be fine

17. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Great work Spratty...fantastic mod. Nice to see the real life Island Line livery on the 484

18. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Installed yesterday, but quickly removed, because the sounds of the train and the tac-tac on the rails disappeared. Shame

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

Since installing your mod, I've noticed that the train motor sounds are louder in one cab than the other.

20. SprattyHeath

That's odd, i've tested mine and they seem to work just fine, have you got any other IOW 22 mods installed that might be conflicting?

21. NicRus

NicRus New Member

Many thanks for the mod, but there are, in my opinion, flaws:
    -the volume level in the cab has become lower, the sound of wheels at the joints of the rail is quiet
    - the sound of the doors opening and closing does not correspond (the doors have not yet fully opened, some kind of blow is heard).
    Accordingly, the question is, did you record sounds from a real train?
    P.S. sorry for English, I don't speak it well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Hi, in answer to the questions about sounds, I'm sorry there was a bug where one cab was too quiet when you started from Ryde and too loud when from Shanklin. I hope we'll fix this today in an update. It was intended to make the cab sounds some 25% quieter than original, as Rivet built the cab audio with no occlusion from external sounds.

No actual sounds have changed, just the mixing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  23. SprattyHeath

As mentioned above by Bescot, I have now updated the .pak file to incorporate the bug fixes, please download with the link posted above and replace the original.

Apologies all.

24. SprattyHeath

Hi all, I've also followed in the steps of londonmidland and decided to experiement around with the station lighting on the IOW22 Route, I've found by default the lighting to be much too dim and doesn't cast much on the surfaces of the platforms etc

From the photos that I found, it seems that most of the stations along the IOW are surprisingly well lit.

This is still WIP as I've got to individually change each LightComponent at every station, but the end results are Night & Day (no pun intended)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  25. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I just tried the new file. I have the 2 Bescot files and I drive the exterior view (with the arrow) and with your file the sound is too low.
    So, I tried removing the 2 Bescot files and it's the same.
    Translated from Google translate

26. SprattyHeath

Then I'm afraid I don't know how to help you, sorry

27. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Top work really takes the route to the next level.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  28. RizGE777

RizGE777 Member

Very nice enhancement pack. It really adds to the realism. Thanks SprattyHeath and for all your other mods for TSW2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

Hi again sorry to be pain, I noticed that in one cab you can't hear the wipers since I installed your mod.

30. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The modders do a really great job with all the enhancements since the begin.

While i usually use all available enhancement packs, i dont nessecarily want install every single sound enhancement.

My suggestion is to put sound enhancements for a loco in a seperate pak file.

Visual improvements can be judged by "closer to real" easily, while sound / sound immersion is a rather subjecting thing.

• Like Like x 5
  31. SprattyHeath

They have always been silent, I've not touched those

32. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

I temporarily removed your mod & the wiper sound can now be heard in the No.1 cab, then I put your mod back in & it can only be heard in the No.2 cab.

33. SprattyHeath

You'll have to ask Bescot about that then as he's the one who changed the sounds

34. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

Thank you for this mod. I really like the train livery being on all trains, and the dino in the rear cab was a nice touch. I'm not so happy with the sound though and would prefer to have original sound balance. Also the bus windows are opaque grey, which seemed odd.

35. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Re the sounds - they are more realistic in the mod than default - train cabs are well insulated from external sounds, you won't hear cows mooing, passengers on the platform chatting in the seat of a driving cab in real life.

There is a Rivet bug with the wipers - internal wiper sounds only work in one cab, soundclass C_WiperInt doesn't play the sound in the other cab. Therefore what you're hearing on default is unoccluded external sounds playing full volume inside the cab. Because the mod increases occlusion in the cab you are no longer hearing the external wipers inside.

You can always whip out the audio folder from the mod pak with unrealpak and 'enjoy' the original sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

For me I prefer the balance from a passenger perspective with less sound isolation. Good example is LU 1972 stock on Bakerloo. I know it might not be technically correct for driver experience to be hearing the sliding passenger doors rumble as they do, but for immersion and nostalgia that particular aspect is sorely missing.

I did like some of the low-frequency in your mix of 484. I wish that was louder in the stock mix.

37. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I tried to do this but the mod isn't loading. I am using Unrealpak 4.26 with compress. There is nothing awry in the log file.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  38. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

I've no idea how to mod TSW, I would like to learn though as there's some mods I'd like to do.

39. meridian#2659

bescot

I dont want to be annoying, just have a question:
    Wannet to ask if its intentional that the brake "hiss" sounds form the brake air arent audible anymore (when releasing the brakes)?

• Like Like x 1
  40. SprattyHeath

That wasn't changed by Bescot, that was done by myself as I geuninely hate the air hiss sound it emits, it's not even accurate either.

• Like Like x 1
  41. meridian#2659

ok thanks. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  42. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Just wanted to mention this works on TSW3

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. meridian#2659

Wanted to make a request to include the "air hiss" sounds again. Even if Rivet has overdone them in terms of loudness, the sounds are defintetly there. To be honest im not even sure on the D stock if they are from the brake system or the equalizing air suspension.

Its just a suggestion, i know you modders do this all in your free time and DTG can be happy to have people, who enhances their content in a way they will never be capable of.