Elizabeth Line Cab Video

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thundergaming11, Jul 30, 2022.

1. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Paddington to Abbey Wood. Hopefully someone at DTG has had a look at this and though "hmm, should we?" ;) But if the day is to ever come I really hope they pay attention to the audio :cool:. Won't be too long till services go through from Reading to Abbey Wood/Heathrow to Shenfield.

• Like Like x 1
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn’t go for a route that is almost entirely in tunnel. However, redeeming features would be if you could get a good walk round each of the stations, which are all different and if you can ride on the incline lifts.

3. thundergaming11

The full route will be Reading to Abbey Wood or Heathrow to Shenfield, it's just not integrated yet. I wouldn't expect just a Paddington to Abbey Wood route unless they added the other 2 separate routes as DLC

4. junior hornet

I agree the full route would be good but most of the overground section would be a repeat of what is already in GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The core section will be problematic for those who are not used to Class 345 is that when running on CBTC Overlaid on ETCS Level 2 there is a potential to get a game ending Stop Signal Overrun the US NTSB Terminology for UK RAIB and in-game signal passed at danger

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Really quite boring.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I could only see this really working if they did a GEML south, but had both Liverpool Street mainline and Liverpool Street Liz line in game, but you only drove the above ground part
    Maybe include the tunnel section but that would be the boring part for me, only opening and closing the doors and pressing the go button

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Bakerloo has been gathering dust in my " closet " for most of its life. A couple of runs back and forth with virtually no AI trains and repetitive station models were enough to put subways at the very bottom of my wish list.
    The above-ground and the " cut-and-cover " portions of the Underground might be more palatable.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

Announcement volume would annoy me. Is the braking automated to get the doors to line up with those on the platform?

10. ARuscoe

In the underground section the whole thing is automated. You press go, it drives and brakes according to the automated controls and stops at the right place. The only thing the driver does is close the doors when told to by the platform staff then press go again
    Even the turn around at Paddington is automated...

• Like Like x 1
  11. thundergaming11

Start and stop is CBTC. Driver closes the doors once the driver gets Movement Authority signal in cab/when a white light (Ready To Depart Indicator) illuminates on the PSDs. Yes it is automated but drivers can under special circumstances manually drive the train by putting the train into "Staff Accountable", this is only really done if there are signalling issues where the train stops short or overshoots the accurate stop marker or point to point working.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

Don't need to be driving an entire timetable in special ops mode...

13. thundergaming11

No where did I mention driving an entire timetable in special ops mode. However, for a route that's partially automated, driving in manual could be something involved in a scenario.

14. ARuscoe

Absolutely
    Don't need people suggesting (as they have for the underground) that you could have full runs in manual mode, hence previous comment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. junior hornet

They could set the route at a time when A stock trains were running, or maybe during the crossover period so that you have a choice of driving A stock (fully manual) or S stock (part manual, part automated).

16. ARuscoe

That would be the subsurface underground lines, this post is above the Elizabeth Line

17. junior hornet

Oops! My mistake. Wasn’t concentrating :(

• Like Like x 1