PC Class 166 Cab Swap

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by J.Taylor, Sep 26, 2018.

1. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

Sorry for the nowbie question,
    I ran a class 166 to Paddington and then intended to run the service on its return journey several minutes later. Swapped ends of the train and set everything up as usual, but it seemed the brakes automatically applied and I lost power on the exit of Paddington’s 25mph limit zone. Was it something I did wrong in the opposite cab? Should I apply the handle to ‘neutral’ and lock the system.

I’m unsure of this routine, there must have been something I did wrong for it to apply the brakes.

Any help is appreciated as I want to run return journeys.

Thanks.

2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Make sure all safety systems have been turned off/disabled before swapping cabs. Otherwise they will still be active whilst you’re driving at the other end of the train, and will cause a few issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

Ok great, thanks. Perhaps I left them enabled in the other cab.
    So I select ‘neutral’ and leave the master key unlocked? After isolating the safety systems in the previous cab?

4. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

The cab you're leaving should be shut down fully with the master key locked. You wont be able to lock the master key with the reverser in neutral, it's needs to be in the 'off' position (all the way forward).
    Also make sure the TPWSIS, DSD and Vigilance systems are isolated. You then shouldn't get any problems from them after switching cabs.
    PS Also leave the brakes on full service.

• Like Like x 1
  5. J.Taylor

J.Taylor New Member

TrainSim-Luke,
    Thanks very much for the explanation, i knew it was something I was doing wrong!
    *actually I wasn’t even close lol.