Role Of Train Attendant

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by klashi_, Jul 21, 2022.

1. klashi_

klashi_ New Member

hey, i thought that it would be cool, if there where the possibility to do the job of an train attendant. Train sim world would be the perfect game for it, cause it includes the possibility to just be an passenger who drives from a to b. So you could use that this feature is in there game to add this new job. So it would be more divers and is a nice tiny thing in my opinion. And with that you would have the possibility for an multiplayer, which would be nice too.

• Like Like x 8
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What would they be doing?
    A "train attendant" in the UK is called a guard and generally they do things like opening and closing the doors at stations (ensuring passenger safety), issuing and checking tickets and assisting the public (especially things like disabled persons)
    How would you see this sort of thing working in the context of TSW?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I think if that was implemented it would be really cool to see because IOW 484 has gaurds panels, this would give players more reasons to use them in game. Multiplayer though probably won't happen.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So essentially the "guard mode" would be standing around waiting for the next station then opening the doors?

• Like Like x 4
  5. When tsw first launched I see a video where someone was walking along the train checking tickets. I don't know if this was a mod or something dtg intended to add but abandoned the idea.

My son sometimes joins me on steam. He can't walk around but he can do the doors and buzzer.

6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

that i think is a person who just video edited to add the tickets

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Not just that but helping passangers on board (disabled, elderly, ext) Checking tickets, door operations and making Anouncements.

8. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

It's a role that varies by country and operator, for example I believe in Germany doors are part of the drivers responsibility with the Conductor/Guard being responsible for the passengers (which has included providing the at seat service in 1st). In Japan Conductors remain in the rear cab and are responsible for doors and buzzing the departure.

SWR for example have 2 types of guard - commercial (role includes checking and selling tickets on longer runs) and non-commercial (doors only on metro services) - so even within the same operator there are different procedures

So it's something that can't really be done in a generic way, and is probably something that's a bit niche with a niche game

9. If you was to simulate the roll of the guard In the UK in recent times then it wouldn't be a lot! Open the doors close the doors and go and sit back down, go on strike because you work to hard and don't get paid enough.