Underground

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anthony.norman2005, Jul 17, 2022.

1. anthony.norman2005

anthony.norman2005 Member

Hi guys!

I would personally love to see more London Underground lines introduced to the game, preferably ones that somehow link to the bakerloo line so we can get some more immersive gameplay as this would allow the opportunity for us to be able to change at stations.

An example of a line that could work is potentially part of the northern line, this could be from Charing Cross to Morden and battersea power station. This would mean that there is changeovers possible at charring cross, embankment and Waterloo, further expansion up to Elephant & Castle would mean a link there too!

I recon this would be a great addition as I feel right now that the bakerloo line isn’t enough and it doesn’t feel busy enough to be London.

Separately to this, I definitely believe that DTG should make another game for the underground as they would be able to do what they did with TSW but for the underground, I believe that would be a great idea but that is outside of TSW so I’ll leave it for now…

• Like Like x 4
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why a driver would "change at Charing Cross" given it's not a terminus (used to be, but no longer) A more natural link would be at Elephant and Castle, though still not sure drivers change line like that

The main problem with the underground as a driving concept is that much of it is automatic, with the drivers only operating the doors and pressing the GO button. Essentially they're there as safety monitors (with the ability to take over in exceptional circumstances)

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If you want to make the tube interesting then it really has to be set pre ATO, irrespective of the exact era. Apart from the performance and OOM issues, Just Trains did a nice job with their Met Line for TSC and that really should be the minimum standard for anything else LT/LUL based in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've missed most of the dtg streams. This is why I'm curious as to why just trains, ap etc.... aren't developing for tsw?

Thanks.

5. OldVern

Well Just Trains are supposedly doing something although they have given no indication as to what and it’s all gone rather quiet. Can’t say about AP but maybe they just don’t see the platform as being able to emulate their success in TSC. Who knows what hidden limitations are under the surface that only DTG and a select few under NDA are aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

JustTrains have recently put up a UE developer post ad on Facebook so they're definitely doing SOMETHING on TSW
    AP have said they won't be developing for TSW... Maybe they don't know the software or can't make a commercial case for it (from what I've seen and heard it takes a lot more to develop for TSW, and with no direct publishing channels their overheads would be much higher and profit much lower)

7. I see. Thanks.

8. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

I'd love Northern Line with interchange and 1956/59/62 stock.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldVern

A person after my own heart. Set it in the era when the stations at Angel and a few on the Morden extension still had narrow island platforms...
    [​IMG]
    ...you could get an achievement for holding your nerve by standing on the platform for at least three arrivals and departures.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm all for some more underground routes. Only if dtg can model the tunnels properly next time though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lethal at peak times.

12. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Would love a full LT route, but not modern era.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I'd like the district or circle lines. Since there's the class 484 they could tweak that to transform it into a D stock.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

AP are working on TSW - but as a contractor for DTG - they are providing the raw audio for a lot of the UK stock - But mixing is still not there yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. ARuscoe

I've not seen evidence of that as an arrangement. DTG have bought sounds from AP (which AP have used in their own packs and EPs on TSC) but nothing to suggest DTG have contracted AP to go out and get sounds purely for the use of DTG in TSW

16. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I totally agree with you name can make the Bakerloo line a bit more busy especially at every single station because the Bakerloo line the next London Underground I would like to see will be even there Piccadilly line all the Jubilee line 27 services Piccadilly Line has 53 stations are above ground and some of them are underground another London Underground route on to SW2 please like and comment and let see what let's see what trains to my to digi back disc I would like to see another London Underground route in tsw2