Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

on the Roadmap it says just Xbox i believe , but would be good if it gets a patch on all Platforms

• Like Like x 9
  2. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Having just checked a scenario that has long been a problem for unlocking, I can confirm that it hasn't worked on the Playstation side

• Like Like x 10
  3. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

The 'MSB: All in Order' achievement is unobtainable since they broke a scenario with the latest patches: in 'Auto Runner' the train will immediately derail once you sit down in the driver’s seat.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  4. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

^^ yup,on ps5 the trophy is broken because the scenario is broken for the same reason: insta-gail derail

• Like Like x 9
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Still could not get 143km DB BR143 Dresden Commuter even though I should have gotten it but for the RSN version it tracks

• Like Like x 9
  6. Starkiller

hopefully in the next patch there will be all obtainable

• Like Like x 10
  7. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Good to see things getting taken care of. But still DTG JD just a friendly reminder that we are now entering our ninth month of a disfunction piece of DLC:

BR 187: A Long First Trip (since 14.10.2021)
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement itself is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    Now I know you said it’s on your radar. It should be of that list of things to repair though!

• Like Like x 10
  8. Starkiller

didnt seen that in the last roadmap from july , but why ?

• Like Like x 10
  9. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I was also wondering, all of a sudden it disappears from the routemap again?

Shortly after TSW 3 is leaked? A fix for TSW 3 is not the solution DTG, we already had this discussion with TSW 2020 and TSW 2 regarding "Cement Circle".

As collectors, we need a fix for TSW 2. And for all platforms.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

The importance of problems with the game is shown by Pringels advertising very well. Fixes are months, almost a year in coming. You have to fight for them.

But the placement of advertising in the game is date fair. :(

• Like Like x 9
  11. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

So there I now frankly already bet on DTG that the update is still coming for TSW 2 and vice versa it was not on the list of things that have been removed from the Routemap or?

• Like Like x 8
  12. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Yes, I also find it a bit confusing that other things remain permanently on the routemap, others are somehow in the background on it, but are not visible.

DTG, what is the now?
    Are the things still on the routemap or why were they no longer noted in the last update of the routemap?

• Like Like x 8
  13. imstylinonyabro

When they announced the preservation team, was one of the key functions of the preservation team to make sure all trophies/achievements work as intended. i believe so, so it begs the question as to why some of these multi-month to year long achievement/trophy issues still persist.

• Like Like x 9
  14. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

It's almost a certainty that DTG are going to do exactly the same as they tried to do with 2020 when they announce TSW3 and leave it the broken mess it currently is!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  15. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Yes, and that worries me. DTG does not learn from its mistakes and if it becomes here like with Cement Circle I am clearly out what TSW 3 concerns.

I haven't bought any DLCs for months because I've been waiting for the fix for Lok since October last year and before it arrives, I won't spend any more money.

If everything works again, I'll be happy to catch up again at the next sale.

• Like Like x 10
  16. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I can only agree with the previous speakers.

That it was not in the routemap again this time, especially with the comments that all platforms are affected by these problems, is disappointing as usual.

Slowly I really lack the words when it comes to DTG. Water textures, sound bugs or the speed with which the doors close can be fixed promptly, but for fixes for Trophies / Achievements you not only have to wait 12 months, but also fight.

The support talks to a wall, there is only the forum to reach whom.
    And that there are these problems has been reported by us not only months later, partly on the day of release. In both relevant DLCs were various things, also cosmetically fixed. The support had the messages, but it was simply ignored although it is a game mechanic.

That's just disappointing, so I'm split on TSW 3 at the moment.

• Like Like x 8
  17. imstylinonyabro

Add the MAG and LGV tutorial trophies to the list. Neither train moves in the intro route tutorial, so those can't be earned. just bought the routes today at a heavy discount on ps5.

• Like Like x 9
  18. coasterflo

Can you briefly describe what exactly is not working, if it is only on PS5 or also on PS4 (if you have both) and which trophies it is.

Then I can update the problem list so that the forum people can pass it on.

• Like Like x 7
  19. imstylinonyabro

Both are for the LGV and MAG route introduction tutorial that it forces you to do when first entering the route. In both the trains won't move at the end when applying throttle (by button shortcut on controller or manually in train itself). Since you apply power, the narrator continues babbling, but the scenario never completes. you're just there, at the station, not moving. I even waiting 20 minutes and nothing happened. It should also be noted on LGV the train reverser shows as X instead of forward, despite moving it to the forward position.

MAG: master of munchen
    LGV: TVG trained

those are the two trophies affected on ps5. have not tried as i'm not putting the ps4 list on my profile. Who knows with DTG, but i've skipped route intros before and the training module trophies for that route wouldn't pop until i did the route intro module, so these are very likely not possible to earn right now.

UPDATE: I got them both, thanks to some help from others

LGV: the train isn't turned on. you need to start it up manually.
    MAG: you need to close the doors.

It'd help if they actually TOLD you that in the instructions. However, how am i to know to do this, considering you don't need to in the other "cut and paste" basic intro tutorials to routes?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

LPC: complete all tutorials hasn’t unlocked for me on Xbox series s

• Like Like x 7
  21. stimp#5938

coasterflo DTG JD Here are two achievements that are not mentioned in the first post. They are marked as unobtainable/discontinued on Trueachievements.

OSD: Master Class
    Complete all training modules on Oakville Subdivision

LPC: Fixing a Hole

Complete all route tasks on Spirit of Steam: Liverpool - Crewe (players mention: Crewe yard north coal pile collectible not found)

A shame because I really wanted to give Oakville Division a go. Sure won’t now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  22. stimp#5938

Just a friendly reminder DTG Alex DTG JD that we are now close to entering our tenth month of a disfunction piece of DLC:

G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'FromAachen to Ehrenfeld'

• Like Like x 8
  23. stimp#5938

TSW3 I strongly advice this whole community to be very careful about buying it. From what I read on this here forum TSW 2020 is a mess and TSW2 still has a lot of problems and dysfunctional trophies and achievements. TSW3 is a hard pass for me. Clearly Dovetail does not improve.

• Like Like x 8
  24. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Well 2020 they tried to abandon with broken achievements! The community had to get a petition up for them to fix it! DTG planned to abandon the game but leave it on sale a broken mess. Strongly suspect they will do the same with TSW2!

• Like Like x 9
  25. Starkiller

DTG JD Hi do you have new infos for us we waiting every month for thoes 2 little patches we see , sounds and everything gets patched even on the trains where we need the patch but its not anymore on the Roadmap and we dont hear anything here from your team , pls dont let us just wait give us some news and pls let it be good news we payed for them and we waiting over 10Months

• Like Like x 9
  26. dertobi

dertobi Member

Frankly, this looks exactly like the action they brought to TSw 2020 and it's starting to bust my neck.

On 16.08 comes the announcement with TSW 3 and then it's over with the support and patches for TSW 2. I mean on the Routemap are also 2 routes, apparently for TSW 2, but I see the somehow no longer for TSW 2, but for TSW 3 releasen.

DTG: We need the patch for TSW 2, us as collectors brings a solution only in TSW 3 nothing.

• Like Like x 9
  27. coasterflo

The current list is thus:

DRA: Dresden Commuter (since 09.09.2021)
    G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not react no matter with which BR 143 one drives the
      kilometer. Therefore it does not work.
    • I ran the following tests:
      1. Ingame main profile had already before the DLC more than 143 kilometers, but no Achievement.
      2. New ingame profile and again 143 kilometers with the DB BR 143, but no Achievement.
      3. I also tried this with all versions of the 143, also after the latest Update.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    G10 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement itself is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • The Achievement does not seem to be correctly linked to the game. Even though the in-game statistics record the scenario as completed, the information is not passed to the Achievement.
    OSD: Master Class (since 24.11.2021)
    G10 - Complete all training modules on Oakville Subdivision
    • The "route introduction" cannot be completed, the others training modules worked.
    • The problem exists only from Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, but apparently not on Xbox Series S and X. So only on the "old-gen".
    LPC: Fixing a Hole
    G15 - Complete all route tasks on Spirit of Steam: Liverpool - Crewe
    • Players mention: Crewe yard north coal pile collectible couldn`t be found since an updat

• Like Like x 8
  28. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

So me the Routemap has already calmed down at that time but I admit. Somehow the fear is slowly growing to have the next Cement Circle here.

Personally, this not only ruins TSW 2 as a collector of Achievements, but also the anticipation of TSW 3.

I just hope DTG that you do not leave us hanging. Would be nice if this time it is not a fight like 2 years ago.

• Like Like x 7
  29. Starkiller

would be nice to get a answer in here what the next step or plan from DTG is

• Like Like x 8
  30. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

I totally agree, it's exactly the same pattern as with Cement Circle back then.

DTG: Oh there is a problem, we have passed it on and it is being worked on.

DTG: TSW 2 is coming in a month.

DTG: Then we'll directly stop support for TSW 2020 as well, so even for commitments that we had already made.

The silence of DTG worries I think not only me, especially because one of the Achievements is a third-party DLC. :(

• Like Like x 8
  31. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

I can only agree with you, I would also like to hear again how the situation is DTG JD

• Like Like x 6
  32. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. Have been off the past week, so apologies in the delay in replying.

No news - we have been pushing for these to be improved, but, as with all improvements and fixes, they have to be prioritised against other work. Not what you want to hear, I know, but they are high on our list.

33. stimp#5938

This is very sad news. “High on our list”…. That could mean anything and says exactly nothing. Tell that to your CEO.

• Like Like x 7
  34. RustyBucket21

RustyBucket21 New Member

HSC still not unlocking (August 2022) along with all the above mentioned not working.
    So I have today written to M.S. suggesting that the game be pulled from the Game Pass until these problems are fixed as it seems DTG have no interest in helping at all. Yes they say there are other priorities but surely before they work on anything else all the released DLC and game should be working. But obviously money comes first, forget about the hard pressed gamers that actually pay their wages
    There will be no more DLC's or games from DTG until they get their fingers out of their ar**s and do the right thing..

• Like Like x 8
  35. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

strangely enough TSW2 is coming off Game Pass in a few weeks!

• Like Like x 6
  36. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I think at the end of the day the core of the sim is not very stable and quite frankly needs to be rebuilt from the ground up with the lesions learned from TSW 2020 / 2 to avoid problems in the past. TSW3 is needed and maybe just new routes built from the ground up not any old stuff ported over because of the issues unless the newer engine can resolve these problems. I feel that TSW2 issues are simply too much to deal with especially with the need for more dlc all the time. In effect they need a sim they can release products that are in full working order on release or just need a small patch to fix a few minor bugs. How it is now is simply unsustainable

• Like Like x 7
  37. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

This answer means nothing other than the lie of Cement Circle udn TSW 2020 will repeat.

TSW 3 is announced and all of a sudden this goes under the table until enough people write petitions and get the bigger player Microsoft or Sony on board.

That TSW 2 leaves the Gamepass is but a great argument that these problems must be fixed. At least Microsoft prescribes that.

So I can only ask everyone here. Contact your console support. You probably have to go back over the companies that are interested in their customers and sell finished products or fix their error.

• Like Like x 6
  38. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

There one is simply speechless :mad:

And regarding the priorities, like you others ... higher priorities, I have after this answer and almost a year now also other ... higher priorities when it comes to buying games. :(

• Like Like x 4
  39. Starkiller

i understand that they have alot work to do , but it would really be lovely if thoes 2 Achievements get a patch , so we finally could complet the game , we know that it has priority but why not give us a little present finally after nearly 1year

• Like Like x 5
  40. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I don't think enough players play Dovetail Games for the console makers to care.

It's such a niche market and they only sell a quarter of what EA's NHL, FIFA, Madden or even Sony's MLB the Show make in sales on consoles each year. So i don't see DTG as a big influence on thier desicion making.

41. imstylinonyabro

is there anyway to pose this as a question to one of their road map streams? thought they were gonna be more transparent so we weren't left in the dark. sure seems like being left in the dark to me. Saw a new patch today on PS5 but it wasn't for either of these dlc as far as i could tell.

• Like Like x 4
  42. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

That was to help with a derailment issue, which is a higher priority than Achievements not unlocking.

43. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

So derailment problems in one of numerous services has higher priority than the "Route Intro" of a DLC ?

So something you play first in a DLC is less important than one of many copy-paste services that you also find 10 to 60 minutes later in the timetable?

I could understand if something like that is more important in the short term, but after a year and more than 10 new DLCs in the meantime you should also find time to stick to rules of services like Gamepass (keyword: Developer Rule Microsoft - Achievements).

• Like Like x 8
  44. coasterflo

So from experience and as you can see from many other examples, I Mircosoft already behind.

There is an own (here already mentioned a few times) developer rule for it.
    Especially games that are in Gamepass (like TSW 2 currently still) are there with the exception of DTG really fast to solve such problems accordingly.

There seems to be internal deadlines at Xbox how long a developer has time to become active, then refunds, removal from the Gamepass are possible. Developers who are often conspicuous will probably be excluded from sales and Gamepass.

Regarding the DRA: Dresden Commuter (since 09.09.2021) + BR 187: A Long First Trip (since 14.10.2021) you can also submit corresponding applications for complaint in the meantime.

I would rather argue the other way around and say, even big developers have to make the effort to comply with this little rule. For games like World of Tanks, Rainbow Six Siege and others, extra Achievements would have to be "rewritten".

Conversely, there is actually no developer that I know of other than DTG that has Achievements that cannot be unlocked in games "permanently" (i.e. not, for example, due to disabled online services) and that appears in Gamepass or, with newer games, in sales at all.

• Like Like x 5
  45. FullCircleFullService

FullCircleFullService New Member

So I can absolutely understand your frustrations and basically share your opinion. But to be fair, this update will make someone in the community happy.

That DTG and priorities is a difficult topic, I think, knows everyone here from the forum.

I find your second argument much stronger. Regardless of priorities. This problem was reported by some here immediately on the release of the DLC in early September 2021 (related to the first Achievement), there was even a forum thread before this one about it, also with several pages.

Regardless of priority, it should be possible to fix less important things within a year.

• Like Like x 5
  46. imstylinonyabro

And that's plenty fair, as long as these achievements/trophies get fixed. As some are approaching a year, you can't blame us for beginning to wonder.

• Like Like x 7
  47. Starkiller

the only thing i hope is that we get thoes patched before TSW3

• Like Like x 6
  48. FullCircleFullService

FullCircleFullService New Member

Regardless of when TSW 3 comes out, I don't think I'm the only one for whom this PATCH needs to come BEFORE TSW 3.

Until this is fixed, I will not buy TSW 3. If I buy it at all.

This is the second TSW Xbox game now and both had a fight like this. I love the game but I'm not risking my account completeness on Achievements for Train Sim World and paying 30€ each for 20 DLCs.

• Like Like x 6
  49. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

So TSW 3 will probably already be presented on 09.08.

It will be exciting whether the TSW 2 Routemap on our problems were then still implemented in TSW 2
    Think it's time that we make more active attention to the problem.

• Like Like x 6
  50. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

So I really don't want a second endgame problem like in TSW 2020 with Cement Circle, as much as I actually like to stand behind DTG.

If they haven't learned from the last time, that would be a "game changer" or a "game stopper" for me as well with a view to TSW 3 :(

• Like Like x 4