Headcode Boxes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eleonore75g, Sep 1, 2019.

1. eleonore75g

eleonore75g New Member

Yesterday I was exploring TSW's features by myself and I realized that the headcode boxes of classes 47 (NTP, WSR), 52 (WSR) can be lit up but they can't be changed. Is it possible to change them? They change randomly as the locomotive spawns, but you can't actually change yourself. I think it would be a nice feature, so that we can see if the train is an Empty Coach Stock or an Express passenger, for example

• Like Like x 3
  2. rightontrack#2720

rightontrack#2720 Active Member

As far as I know after playing since release, I haven't found any way to change the head code. The only loco you can change the head code on is the class 31 on WSR.

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I thought that the Class 31 only had marker lights in lieu of Headcode blinds. Perhaps you refer to the two digit type on the Class 33 that is changeable as it also doubles as a marker light type display with red, orange and white boxes that can be selected in place of numbers.
    The ability to change Headcode is a great suggestion that would function as it does on the Class 33 and the destination display on the Class 101. Then there is the Rivet Class 483 with its printed black on white destination boards in the lower second man windows that are only occasionally available.

4. This is the same in tsc where some trains you can change the Head code and others you can't! Where the head code can only be changed in the editor.

5. rightontrack#2720

rightontrack#2720 Active Member

You're right I meant the Class 33, my mistake lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Realistic around the time of NTP Physical headcodes on the locos were being phased out so the Boxes were converted into Marker Lights (just 2 dots) this is Represented in game although and option to use regular headcode boxes would be cool and to actually be anle to change em yourself

7. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

In DLGW you can see special service codes when choosing service for Br Class 52 (that can also be run by 47 (Blue from NTP) and 45), when you start, service codes on loco and serivce name match. This means it's probably service-dependent

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Headcode displays were abolished by BR in 1977, so by the time of NTP in 1981 there shouldn't be any left.

Although one can manually set the headcode disks/lights on one version of the Class 40, properly you should only use lower left and lower right in this time period.

9. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

I think he means train classification