Some German Rolling Stock Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldVern, Aug 2, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone can answer these for me, please.

1. E18 Add On loco. When I originally purchased this some years ago, it was very prone to derailing for no reason. Was this ever patched/fixed or is it still a problem?

2. DB BR612 tilting DMU. Can someone who has both advise how the TSC version compares with that in TSW2, which is very good. Worth getting (bearing in mind I don't have the route for which scenarios are provided)?

3. Was there ever a DB BR628 DMU available? I'm convinced there was but either my search skills are poor or it has vanished off Steam.

Thank you.

2. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

There is a BR628-2 in the Koblenz-Trier route which is Aerosoft but the better one is from Rail Traction https://www.railtraction.eu
    They do the BR628-2 and BR628-4 in different liveries nd there are repaints on Rail-Sim.de
    Can’t say about the BR612 compared to TSW as I don’t use TSW.
    The E18, I have but is only for AI in museums so I have not run it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

The 612 would definitely compare to the TSW one, I must admit I’ve only used the TSW one a few times but I took a couple of rides on 612s IRL recently and RSSLO’s TS version is an excellent representation. My only quibble is it can be a bit heavy on FPS looking at the cab from exterior views and the sounds aren’t absolutely perfect (I would say this is the only area where it falls somewhat behind the TSW version), but I’m sure there’s a sound upgrade somewhere out there. Even if you don’t have the scenario route, it’s a versatile unit used across Germany, so would fit on many other TS routes, and I’m sure there are many scenarios on the workshop and elsewhere covering some of these runs. One of my IRL runs was along the Allgäubahn from Kempten to Lindau-Reutin, which is also in TS, and has a lot of nice curves for tilting. I know for a fact that there are at least one or two good workshop scenarios covering this route in the 612. I also remember running a particularly enjoyable workshop scenario along Frankfurt - Koblenz in the 612 not too long ago, I’ll see if I can find these scenarios.

Overall, I would certainly recommend the 612
    upload_2022-8-2_14-15-51.jpeg
    (Kempten HBF)

(Edit: in fact - I think the Mosel Valley route, the one which comes with the 628, is the one with scenarios for the 612, so that works out quite nicely. Also, if you purchase the 612 direct from RSSLO, it comes with scenarios for different routes, namely Munich - Augsburg, Ruhr Sieg and an Austrian one from RSSLO I believe.
    There is also a 628 that comes with the Nordfriesland route from GBE’s website - it’s not as good quality as the others, but I thought I’d mention it as it’s rather a nice route - not the highest quality (floating assets occasionally, some terrain looks a bit janky, etc.) but that sort of thing isn’t too noticeable and it has improved since previous versions, and personally I find it a really enjoyable route to run - German diesel, a mixture of mainline and branch line running and even the Halligbahn, a little unique narrow gauge line running over the North Sea, is included. It’s pushing me ever closer to purchasing the vR 218 every time I run it. I’ll stop now, apologies for my rambling on)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I have the E18 (one of my first DLC for TS), and I remember having these tilting issues in QuickDrive, also with the vR 112.

This seemed only to happen in conjuntion with certain wagons, and exclusively with consists created in QD Consist Editor. I found the Consist Editor to set the IsPreloaded flag to True for each car and loco - which then caused the issue. Seems the loco is getting heavier then with a bad upward shifted center of mass.

I do not use the QD Consist Editor at all, found it easier to create copy+paste Preload files with Notepad++ if I need QD consists.

Using the E18 normally in scenarios it has no issues. It is very sparse due to its age but looks good and is fun to drive. Adjusted the cab camera positions though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Definitely looking to pick up the 612 and a couple of the German routes as I’m really enjoying these in TSC. Currently doing a run from Munchen to Garmisch, very nice route which I’ve had for years but never really explored much.

• Like Like x 1