PC Mastery New Island Line

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by como98ly, Jul 24, 2022.

1. como98ly

como98ly Member

Still the counter for tier 1 services is at 1/2

I did more than 10 services, started from explore and some started from journey. I even did a back to back journey and still it's at 1/2 services.

I'm really annoyed. such a simple feature that doesn't work. Come on DTG!

2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Same happened to me.

3. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Me three, and I agree it's infuriating. Regardless of whether the fault is with this individual route or TSW in general this time, DTG consistently sets low standards and continually fail to achieve them. Until the team or management practices change, if there is a TSW3 it will not be some magical panacea that cures all. It will be the same old oversold, underdelivered product. In this route, one only has to go to Ryde St John's Road and watch disembarking passengers stop one step beyond the doors, completely gridlocking ones trying to get on, to see that.

I even tried the 'continue journey trick' suggested in another thread, and waited twenty-four hours on top of that. Still nothing. If I was responsible for coding something like this, I'd be mortified and tripping over myself to correct it. Not seeing much mortification, to be honest.

Regardless whether the issue is mastery, audio, weather, consistency, graphics - the one thing DTG appear to be consistently good at is generating cynicism and frustration in their player base. If only that were a marketable skill.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Although I managed to complete tier 1, I now think that the continue journey thing was just a fluke.

I am now stuck in tier 2 where the number of scenarios completed is stuck at 1. I played 6 or 7 scenarios yesterday, including some twice.

It's all becoming a bit of a joke now. DTG need to understand that these aren't minor issues that they can talk themselves into not fixing or giving a low priority too.

I am on PC and I am still getting random crashes, but nothing I can reproduce. I am beginning to wonder if its all connected to Mastery and dovetail live, as the crashes get worse whenever there's a new release, which would coincide with the server being under more strain.

Just a wild theory, but given when TSW 2 was first released all PC users suffered a crash on exit, which I believe was eventually attributed to an dovetail live error, I do wonder if there is still an issue.

5. WipEout_F7200#3763

WipEout_F7200#3763 Member

Isn't there a way they could update the game so the mastery stuff is contained and tracked in game rather than connecting to an online server... I mean there's gonna be a day when that server/site closes in the far future and anyone going back to play the older games will have even bigger problems trying to clear them.

If not a possible fix for TSW2020 & TSW2, consider making mastery built-in to TSW2022 or TSW3 (or whatever the next incarnation of the game is called).
    -
    Probably not the place to drop a suggestion here I know (as this is a technical thread, I might make a post later to see what people would say), but I could imagine the mastery being expanded into the level up system where leveling up the train/route would unlock certain content, hence giving a reason to play them... Or perhaps expanded to give each route 5 to 10 tires included in-game, then have a separate list like a daily/weekly/monthly challenge that would require a dovetail login, along with a leveling system similar to that of crash team racing or Destiny 2... (As in unlockable paths)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WipEout_F7200#3763

As for the issue mentioned here, I some how managed to get one service to register on the first tire but nothing else is registering.

7. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

After, I don't know how many attempts, I have now managed to complete tier 2.
    These are the three scenarios I used:
    • Blow Me Away
    • Finish The Isle
    • Brading Rescue
    Despite the mastery showing as complete in game, and on the web site, there is no overlay to enable, despite having come out and back in the game several times. It wouldn't surprise me if you can only get the overlay, if you own the original Isle of Wight route.

8. WipEout_F7200#3763

I don't think you get an overlay as the reward says "An out of service 483 Train" - As for what that is or how you'd use it however... I don't know yet.

9. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Just bumping in here, to any of you who were experiencing this issue with Mastery on Island Line - is it working now?

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

When I played the other day, the two timetable runs didn’t count still.

11. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

I have managed to complete the mastery, however, there is no overlay to enable, like all the other masteries, to get the reward of the Out of Service 483. I have logged a ticket and a bug report has been raised.

12. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

DTG Alex - Still broken for me - I am on PC, Tier 1 Completed, but Tier 2 stuck on 1 out of 3 scenarios.

13. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Progress tracking is working without problems for me, but cant activate the tier 2 scenery after finishing the entire mastery. (doesnt show up in the menu where the tickbox can be set..)

• Like Like x 1
  14. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I walked the whole route twice and it has only counted half of the required distance for that part of the tier one requirements. But I've only managed to do the ECW & LSC masteries since they added them for ECW & TVL. None of the requirements for any of the others since they added those two are tracking. Have done all of the scenarios on TVL at least twice, they aren't counting, have done all of the grain runs on HSC, they aren't counting and neither is the distance driven. It's at the point that I've given up on the masteries and if TSW3 is announced on the 9th I've given up on that too because 2 is a broken mess that they don't seem to want to fix!

15. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I completed the Brading rescue scenario and DTG live has it in my drivers logbook, but the mastery still says 0/3 completed
    upload_2022-8-23_9-17-7.png upload_2022-8-23_9-17-45.png

16. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I've done 4 scenarios but only one has counted the miles driven has counted on tier 2 Rapid Transit miles are not counting either on tier 2

17. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm on PS4 not PC but i'm having the same problem with tier 2 not unlocking.

I completed all five scenarios but only 1 registered for mastery (ie 1/3 complete)

I've since done each scenario again more than once and still stuck on 1/3, which is frustrating!

So similar problems still persisting on PS4 with Island Line mastery

Katia

• Like Like x 2
  18. hells.high.lord666

And the worst part is that they've said that when you sign in to DTL on TSW3 your mastery progress will transfer too so they've basically admitted that masteries are still going to be fubar in 3

19. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

As at 26/09/22 this is still broken. I've completed 4 timetables, but only one shows up...

20. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I have raised the issue once again internally to be fixed, we've had issues with other masteries on the Island Line which previously had been looked into which may be linked.

• Like Like x 1
  21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Even if you have completed Island Line 2022 Mastery, there is no way to activate the out-of-service 483 in the overlay.
    It is simply missing.

• Like Like x 3
  22. DavigeDevito

DavigeDevito New Member

I've completed the island line 2022 mastery it's now not showing the overlay unlock in the mastery rewards

• Like Like x 2
  23. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Another one we are still waiting on
    Along with the add ons for PS5 and the Creator Club problem of not being able to subscribe and many more
    These can’t be forgotten about . We are your customers

• Like Like x 1
  24. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I do think that the add on manager is priority over creative club problems and mastery problems. Some one from DTG could be able to confirm what is going on with all of these problems

• Like Like x 1
  25. hells.high.lord666

This has to be the funniest route that's been released tor TSW! They forgot to put one of the collectables in the route at release and they've forgotten to put a reward in for the masteries! Again it seems like TSW problems are getting worse instead of better!

26. sequencer2k16

I just found this on Facebook,
    how do you activate the 483 at Sandown when the overlay to activate it is missing in the mastery rewards menu? Jasper_Rivet

316100835_500669725356736_1611541660088715263_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  27. detjohno

detjohno Member

Has this been solved yet?

• Like Like x 1
  28. hells.high.lord666

Nope! They'll find Lord Lucan and the Loch Ness Monster before this gets fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Can we get it so the actual reward unlocks too?
    Been waiting on that for months.

30. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

I'm afraid this hasn't been fixed yet - we're working with Dovetial on that one, not sure when this will be fixed though. :/

• Like Like x 1
  31. Jasper_Rivet

Sorry for the wait, but together with Dovetail Games, we managed to fix this issue. Tracking the Mastery progress worked fine on my end, but please feel free to test it yourself and let me know if you're still facing any issues! :)

• Like Like x 2
  32. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

This is one I’ve been waiting for. Took 15 minutes out of my lunch break and can confirm Timetables and distance are now tracking for Tier 2 Mastery.

I’ll spend some time tonight to complete it and make sure the tile enables.

• Like Like x 2
  33. sequencer2k16

Nevertheless, the overlay to activate it ingame is still missing in the menu.

• Like Like x 5
  34. Bravo2six

Same here, doesn't appear for me

• Like Like x 3
  35. Tigert1966

It's also only tracking for TSW3. I just ran a service in TSW2 an hour ago and nothing. I switched back to TSW3 just now and that one tracked almost instantly. I'm not sure I've got the patience to complete the 80kms for Tier 2 if others are reporting that it's still not selectable.

EDIT : I tried to get further. It's not working. I did 6 runs and only 3 of them tracked for distance and 2 of them for the scenarios / timetables. Along with the fact that others report that even once the mastery has been achieved, you can't select it, I would say at best it's partially fixed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Jasper_Rivet

Hmmm, that's not good - try restarting the game, I had to do that sometimes for my progress to be picked up by the Mastery. Does that helps?

37. Bravo2six

I've got both stage one and stage 2 completed, have been for months.
    Yet the overlay still isn't available in the mastery tab to apply.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Tigert1966

Hi Jasper, thanks for replying. I have the DLC on different Platforms (XBOX, XBOX PC and Steam) so I've been switching between them hoping that I can get the tile unlocked. I've been doing a bit more experimenting and finding that it is tracking most reliably (but not perfectly) on Steam. But on XBOX, not so much, at best only 1 in 2 is tracking. The ones that don't track are not showing up in the drivers log on DTG Live either, so maybe this is a problem on the DTG side.

I am concerned though about the poster above me, who hasn't been able to activate the Tile. I still need to get 3 more full runs to track before I find out if it works for me. Much as I like this route, it is becoming a little boring running up and down only to find the run didn't register.

Jasper - Did you actually manage to play it all the way through the mastery and activate the tile on the current retail version?

I'll try again over the weekend and see if I can finally get there.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  39. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Hey Jasper,
    just installed the Island Line 2022 on PS5 (Addon Manager version) today, but the Class485 still isn't shown in the according Mastery menu. So no tick can be activated, the same as before. Generally had no tracking problems, i.e. tier 1 and 2 have been activated for a good six months now. However, I found that there is also a recognition problem with the Creators Club, i.e. I could not download the Dino livery I created on the PS4 for the Class484, because CC displayed a missing route, even though the Island Line 2022 is installed. I think this can be a route detection bug or problem, that's why it doesn't show up in the mastery rewards menu too.

Hope this was helpful!

Update: after a second start of TSW3, the Dino livery has been fully transferred to PS5, but still the missing Class483 problem.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  40. Bravo2six

385 or 483?

41. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sorry, of course I mean Class483. Even after a quick research in wikipedia none Class383 exist in the UK, only a Class334 and a Class345 and nothing in between. ;)

42. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So, I've done two trips on Isle of Wight 2022, Mastery hasn't registered the miles done for tier two. It's registered that I've done three scenarios or timetabled services but not the distance travelled. This is for PS5.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. hells.high.lord666

While it not registering those things it looks like you have plenty of time for it to do so because to date there is STILL no reward available once the mastery for this route once the mastery for this route is complete

• Like Like x 1
  44. Jasper_Rivet

Thanks for the reports, we're looking into this. It's getting weird now...

Tigert1966 I was having the exact issues you're having when playing on Steam, but thought it was on my end - well turns out it wasn't, so have reported that back to the devs now. I managed to get it almost done, but then had to switch to a dev version again which made me loose the progress.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  45. hells.high.lord666

so is there any plans to actually give us the 483 overlay because lots of us have wasted time checking and completing the requirement to not have a reward at the end! It's frustrating enough having all the issues trying to meet requirements that don't want to register without having more because there's nothing to show for it!

• Like Like x 1
  46. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to finish off a few Mastery Challenges in preparation for TSW4 and although I've managed to finish both tiers for Island Line, as with others in this thread, the reward is not showing up for me.

Any plans to fix this in TSW3 / TSW4?

• Like Like x 2
  47. hells.high.lord666

Rivet know about it but we're still waiting and I would assume as with everything else we'll still be waiting when they announce 5! There's also the MML overlay that we don't have the button to switch on

• Like Like x 1