Putting In Place Train Simulator 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crew26, Aug 4, 2022.

1. crew26

crew26 New Member

Hello
    I'm attempting to upgrade the 2022 version of train simulator classic. My version doesn't appear to be the same as others', and I can't seem to find any updates. I need to know as soon as possible so that I can return my purchase. Thanks

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

All TS installations require Steam for DRM purposes and therefore should also be updated automatically each year assuming you have an active Internet connection on the PC that TS is installed on.
    Current and ongoing future versions will now always be known as TS Classic but prior to last years update they were renamed according to their year i.e. TS 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022 and so on.
    If your version is through Steam then you'll need to make sure you have an active internet connection when you log onto your Steam account, it will then do the rest automatically and update it to the current version (branded Train Simulator Classic) as you cannot permanently disable updates any more.

If you wish to force a check and re-install any possible missing or corrupted files of your TS Classic installation then do the following..
    Firstly make sure you have an active internet connection
    Open/Run Steam
    Find and then right mouse click on Train Simulator Classic in your games library
    Click on Properties
    Click on Local Files
    Click on Verify integrity of game files
    The game will now check your TS install and then replace any outdated or corrupted files.

As for the "return my purchase" comment I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

As Reef says Train Simulator has had new editions every year after which they are named but it's now called Train Simulator Classic. It gets a little confusing though because there was a TS2022 before TS Classic came out and they are different although there's little if any difference at the core- all you'll notice is a different splash screen, menu background and bundle of routes.

TS, whatever version you originally bought (if you bought it or installed it through Steam), is always updated to the latest version but that just applies to the latest version of the core program and graphics- it doesn't mean you get the new bundle of routes. Is that what you have been expecting?

In the TS page of Steam look in Manage my DLC. If you bought TS2022 you should have Northeast Corridor: Washington DC-Baltimore, Frankfurt-Koblenz and Birmingham Cross City Line listed even if your installation is now calling itself Train Simulator Classic. If you bought TS Classic you should have Bahnstrecke Leipzig-Dresden, WCML South: London-Birmingham New Street and Tehachapi Pass: Mojave-Bakersfield. (In both cases there may be a few other DLC that support those routes.)

4. richardalvarado

richardalvarado New Member

Thanks for helping me out as well. I have a task to finish an essay on definition, but I have no idea how to write it or make it unique, so I searched online for help. I discovered a really fascinating website writinguniverse.com/essay-types/definition-essays/ that helped me write my essay in a distinctive style and made it easier for me to write my defination essay.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022